Notices
UK Holiday Planning & Days Out For UK Holiday planning and experiences

Old 16 Aug 09, 10:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Peter H
VIP Dibber

I would check on that. You can buy your Oyster card there and then. You may be able to do there and then for your son. Rember there is a charge of £3 for all Oyster cards but it is still worth it.

DLP: day trips 2000, 03; Cheyenne Sep 09, Feb 11; Sequoia Lodge June 08, May 12; Elysee May 12, Jan 13, Sep 13; Disneyland Hotel Mar 15, Santa Fe Nov 16, Newport Bay Sep 17
WDW: Port Orleans Riverside Dec 10; SSR Nov 14 Other: DCL Disney Magic Sep 17

Trippies and videos from:
Orlando
DLP Cruise and other
Peter H is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Aug 09, 03:18 PM  
Link to this Post
karengr
Proud to wear my Ears

karengr's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 6
We have just returned from London. WE were lucky enough to have booked a £9 travelodge at xmas and we stayed at Liverpool street one.
It was clean and comfortable . We took the coach from weston-s-mare which dropped us off at The natrual history meseum. We spent about 4 hours there and then walked to Rain forest cafe through Knightsbridge along Piccadilly up to Picadilly circus. Rain forest cafe was great and had 20 % off coupon. We then walked through Trafagar square along the Strand and Fleet st to Temple church then up past St pauls catherdrall to the Bank of England along to our hotel iby Liverpool st station.

After a good nights sleep we set off again to St pauls then across Millenium bridge and walked along the thames towards Westminster bridge then along The London eye and Big Ben down Whitehall back round to Picadilly circus and then ate lunch. Then headed to big ben again via whitehall Downing st stopping at Horse guards Parade. We then went down The Mall to Buckingham Palace through to Hyde park corner stopped and had ice cream then headed for Oxford st did some shopping then headed back to Hyde park where we ate our Mcdonalds and rested before catching our coach home.

We saw far more doing everything on foot never touched public transsport once only to get to London and home to weston.

We are 2 adults aged 35 and 2 children aged 10yrs and 6 yrs.
Old 24 Aug 09, 08:55 PM  
Link to this Post
twinklebelle
Imagineer

Well I'm off to London for a weekend in Oct, I can't wait I've been a fiar fewtimes so i kown how I'm going to get around etc the only thing is I would really like to take in a west end show while I'm there. Ideally Wicked or the Lion King, but I don't want to pay the rather expensive prices on the legit ticket sites for a decent seat that won't cause me to have a nose bleed!

I've heard that you can queue up on the day and maybe get tickets cheapily if you're prepared to wait. However, as I won't be there long I don't want to spend half my time in a queue. So does anyone of legit sites where I can get tickets cheapily? Or where I can buy them just a day or two in advance to pick up on the door?

DLP: 98,99,02,05,09,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17 and hopefully 21!
And going again - just don't know when!
twinklebelle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Aug 09, 10:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Peter H
VIP Dibber

You could try the TKTS booth. Lion King is there sometimes but Wicked is still very popular. You will have to book through the theatre or an agencey. Agencies add a fee. Ticket Master is quite expensive in fees. If you go to the box office in person you avoid fees but all other ways you pay a fee.
The TKTS Booth sells from front to back so the most expensive seats are sold first. The price on light board is the price you pay. It is half price plus a small fee. This is the only agency that is run by the theatres themselves. There are several good shows in town at the moment so it might be worth looking up the details of a few and seeing what is available at the booth. Remember Avenu Q may have puppets but it is for adults not kids.

DLP: day trips 2000, 03; Cheyenne Sep 09, Feb 11; Sequoia Lodge June 08, May 12; Elysee May 12, Jan 13, Sep 13; Disneyland Hotel Mar 15, Santa Fe Nov 16, Newport Bay Sep 17

Orlando
DLP Cruise and other
Peter H is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Sep 09, 12:18 AM  
Link to this Post
sw16
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by moggitymog View Post
can anyone recommend the rainforest cafe?, might go there for a meal during our london break
They don't do the volcano in the London Rainforest cafe
Old 2 Sep 09, 07:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Peter H
VIP Dibber

Rain Forrest Cafe is good here in London but I believe it is not a patch on DLP or the one in WDW. You can get better food cheaper else where but of course you won't get the themeing.

Orlando
DLP Cruise and other
Old 4 Sep 09, 10:11 AM  
Link to this Post
Floridafan
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 53
Originally Posted by twinklebelle View Post
Well I'm off to London for a weekend in Oct, I can't wait I've been a fiar fewtimes so i kown how I'm going to get around etc the only thing is I would really like to take in a west end show while I'm there. Ideally Wicked or the Lion King, but I don't want to pay the rather expensive prices on the legit ticket sites for a decent seat that won't cause me to have a nose bleed!

I've heard that you can queue up on the day and maybe get tickets cheapily if you're prepared to wait. However, as I won't be there long I don't want to spend half my time in a queue. So does anyone of legit sites where I can get tickets cheapily? Or where I can buy them just a day or two in advance to pick up on the door?
Got third row in the stalls to take my DD to Grease for her birthday in a couple of weeks. Price was £32 each. Was recommended to thisistheatre website. Just follow the links for half price tickets and then expand the list on the right hand side to show all the shows. Girls in work have used this and recommended it to me. Previously I used lastiminute.
Old 4 Sep 09, 10:17 AM  
Link to this Post
Floridafan
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 53
For anyone who wants a little taste of "home" (that being the USofA, of course!), we took DD to Bodeans in Poland Street, W1 on BH Monday for her birthday. You can get all the old favourites - even pulled pork (if that's your thing). We had burnt bits - which were very tasty pieces of brisket in barbecue sauce. Only problem was DS chicken was dry and the ribs are not quite like Tony Roma's - but the wings, nachos, burgers, were all good. We were going to go to the Rib Shack and at the last minute read the reviews which were poor.
Old 4 Sep 09, 09:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Big Ears
VIP Dibber

Hi - Were looking for some advice please. Which travelodge is best for staying in London or surrounding area, where parking is on-site and reasonable but also where you can walk to a tube station from the hotel upto zone 6. We have three young children and would love for them to see London, but the car park and tube must be near. Many thanks for any help. We thought a rail card would be the best cost effective way to travel therefore the hotel needs to be within the zone 6 in order to obtain this. Any help very much appreciated.
Old 6 Sep 09, 06:50 AM  
Link to this Post
lucylou
Excited about Disney

I will be in London for 1 day only (Sunday) with my 7 year old nephew. I was thinking of going to the Tower of London in the morning and then maybe doing an open top bus tour or maybe the Duck tour in the afternoon. Does this sound ok and or can anyone recommend any better suggestions?