Notices
Additional Support Needs & DAS Help & advice

Closed Thread

Old 3 Apr 06, 02:13 PM  
Link to this Post

Special Needs Passes ?

HI every one ,were taking our son jordan in august.He has autism and epilepsy so hopefully we will get a special needs pass.I was wandering if this pass can be used so his dad and sister get on the bigger rides quicker so that he doesnt have long to wait for them >?
Old 3 Apr 06, 02:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Lil_Missy
Imagineer

Lil_Missy's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 4
The passes are not for front of the line access. They do not speed up your queueing time they just let you wait in another area where it is usually air conditioned and there are seats. The CM at the rides ask you to get a fast pass and you return with that. Most of the time you will wait just as long if not longer then the people in the fast pass queue I believe.

Sorry
Lil_Missy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Apr 06, 04:05 PM  
Link to this Post

it only allows the disabled person and family to ride. we only used it when my ds was riding ,no other time .the others queued for the rides he didn't go on. i went to see lots of shows with him instead.hope this helps
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Apr 06, 04:46 PM  
Link to this Post

We have been twice and each time we went to Guest services at MK and were issued with a GAC pass, it is a yellow slip of paper and you hold it up as you approach a CM at the entrance to a ride... they take you via a shorter route, usually different to the fast pass line and yes you DO get on quicker. The GAC is for Guest Assistance and it also includes up to 5 people in that family or group to go too.
Old 3 Apr 06, 05:55 PM  
Link to this Post

I would think if the disabled person wasn't riding that wouldn't be allowed. The GAC is for them, not the other family members and isn't intended to speed up queuing time for anyone. There is likely to be something else close by to take up your son's attention while the others do the big rides. We often split up to do other things while the rest of the family do rides which our disabled son can't.
Old 3 Apr 06, 06:33 PM  
Link to this Post
BarryandCaron
Imagineer

BarryandCaron's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 15
Originally Posted by loadsapixiedust
I would think if the disabled person wasn't riding that wouldn't be allowed. The GAC is for them, not the other family members and isn't intended to speed up queuing time for anyone. There is likely to be something else close by to take up your son's attention while the others do the big rides. We often split up to do other things while the rest of the family do rides which our disabled son can't.
I can only agree with Lynn on this as it's exactly what we do as Joshy ( DS2 ) can't ride on some of the rides. So I normally go off with him while Caron & Ben do the ride , the they call me on the radio when they have finished.

Barry
Old 3 Apr 06, 07:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Diesel_Staffie
Imagineer

hi when we went four years ago my grandfather had a stroke and we were issued with a pass both at disney and universal. it does let you on first and the disabled person doesnt have to go on with you. they have a place were they look after them if they cannot ride. Universal was very very good but disney wasnt that good! my daid came on everything he was strapped in his wheelchair on the jaws ride even!

why dont you contact the parks to find out some more info?

hope this helps!
Diesel_Staffie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Apr 06, 07:21 PM  
Link to this Post
TinkTatoo
Imagineer

TinkTatoo's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 9
Guidebook Reviews: 1
I agree with Caron and Lyn - it's not a pass but a guest assistance card which has different things on it depending on the specific needs of your child. It's not there to skip any lines so if your son doesn't want to go on something perhaps you could take him on a ride he does want to go on while your DH & DD go on a different ride.

A radio is a good idea as we often use it to call each other when DD & I go one way while DS and DH go another

TinkTatoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Apr 06, 08:22 PM  
Link to this Post

Hope no one thought I was suggesting riding without the disabled person and using the card cos I didn't mean it to come across that way if it did and I have never thought about it. We are actually allowed up to 5 when the disabled person rides though
Old 3 Apr 06, 10:16 PM  
Link to this Post

Thanks for all the advice ,it sounds fine ,its not that i expect to wait any less time than anyone else its that he has severe epilepsy as well and standing in the heat for a long time may trigger it ,im so glad there will be somewhere quiter he can wait also im new to this so what does dd and dh mean lol !
Closed Thread