Notices
Additional Support Needs & DAS Help & advice

Closed Thread

Old 6 Apr 06, 05:51 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by col553
Is there anything we need to take with us to get a yellow slip.I am not in a wheel chair but i am disabled and get tired and dizzy while standing. would my blue disabled badges help. will we need these to park
You might find that for a whole day in the parks you would be more comfortable if you used a wheelchair or ECV. This is what Disney recommends for anyone with stamina issues. That would mean you wouldn't have to stand for long periods and would always have a seat to hand. For attractions where ECVs are not allowed there is always the option to transfer to a wheelchair.
Many people underestimate the size of the parks and the amount of walking involved.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Apr 06, 07:30 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsGrumpy
Apprentice Imagineer

Don't know if we were just lucky, but when we asked at Rock'n'roller coaster if there was somewhere where I (in a wheelchair) could wait whilst DH & DS went on the ride, a very helpful cast member took them to bypass the queue so that I didn't have to wait ages for them.
MrsGrumpy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Apr 06, 10:36 PM  
Link to this Post

how would i go about getting 1 of these passes for my hliday next year? jo xxx
Old 16 Apr 06, 11:01 PM  
Link to this Post

Go to Guest Relations in any park and explain your needs. They will give you a pass which is appropriate for your individual situation.
Old 18 Apr 06, 03:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Lil_Missy
Imagineer

Lil_Missy's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 4
We got one of these which helped and basically was a fastpass for each of the rides. Now this might sound like a Yeah Great! But we really needed it and would not have got anything really done without it. You will see what I mean when I do our trip report.
Coronado Springs Resort October 2011 - QSDP Dining Report
Art of Animation October 2013
Lil_Missy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Apr 06, 03:58 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by guv
Being pedantic! Its Guest Services! (Though Im sure asking for either would get you where you needed to go!)
Not being pedantic but quoted verbatim from the Disney Guidebook for Guests with Disabilities:
'visit Guest Relations for current information on accessibility and services'

I am sure asking for either would get you there
Old 20 Apr 06, 10:19 PM  
Link to this Post

we used one last year and to be honest i think it was better for everyone else in the line not us we are used to my daughter but when she has to wait for any time she starts to shout VERY LOUD and people around us look very worried like "help there is a maniac on the loose "
we found the cast members very helpful
once when we were waiting in line for a photo and autograph with tigger we were told off by the characters minder she said "havent you got one of those cards " we showed it her and she moved us to the front of the line
she told us to always use it as our little girl was obviously getting distressed by the waiting
BUT at other times when we did try to use it for character greetings they told us it was only for rides ! but something we noticed was that it was usually the male minders that refused it

hope that helps

steve
Old 22 Apr 06, 07:28 PM  
Link to this Post
DIBBadmin
Imagineer

This thread has been automatically closed as it has not been posted on in 365 days.
DIBBadmin is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread