Old 22 Apr 06, 03:43 PM  
Link to this Post
spider
Imagineer

spider's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 5
GAC at Busch Gardens

Having put BG on the itinery for this year, I have now started wondering if they do a GAC there like WDW and USF?

I am so worried that if we go and they do not do a similar scheme there, our day will be a total loss as Ben will just not be able to cope with the reported 2 hour queues, even though we do plan on leaving at the crack of dawn to get their early and escape some of the crowds.

I can't say I am particularly looking forward to going to BG personally as most of the rides are much too scary for a wuss like me, but everyone else is sooooo looking forward to it, especially my eldest DS who has been asking to go since we first went in 2002!

Hope there will be some good news
spider is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Apr 06, 04:06 PM  
Link to this Post

I don't believe they have a GAC. They have a policy of allowing disabled guests to enter via ride exits. This is from the accessibility guide

'The following guidelines apply when using exits to enter attractions:

· Disabled guests must ride in order for their group to board from the exit.

· A maximum of four people (including the disabled guest) may enter through the exit and ride with little or no waiting. Two successive rides are permitted. If there are more than four in any one party, two guests may remain at the loading platform while the rest of the party goes through the line.'

Hope this helps, you may like to email them with your specific requirements, it would be helpful to see how they respond. I have found them very helpful in answering our questions.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Apr 06, 06:59 PM  
Link to this Post
TinkTatoo
Imagineer

TinkTatoo's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 9
Guidebook Reviews: 1
It sounds like they are talking about wheelchair users rather than a guest with non apparent disabilities. I'd e-mail them first as you wouldn't want to go all that way and spend the day walking round with Ben not being able to ride on anything

TinkTatoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Apr 06, 09:02 PM  
Link to this Post
spider
Imagineer

spider's Reviews
Email sent, so fingers crossed, we get a good response!
spider is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Apr 06, 08:01 AM  
Link to this Post
sueandco
Imagineer

sueandco's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 4
They do do a pass for those with less obvious disabilities that need to use the wheelchair entrances (often the exit). Even though there is still a wait you are away from the main crowds which can be helpful. As with Disney you need to go to customer services with the person and explain your difficulties. This is true as of 2003 unless they have changed it since.
Old 24 Apr 06, 08:10 AM  
Link to this Post
signtalker
Imagineer

Last time we went to BG was 2001, they did a GAC then. To be honest though unless you are riding the roller coasters, you will not need one, as the rides dont have 2 hour queues! , we had one and didnt use it once.

jules
signtalker is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Apr 06, 11:08 AM  
Link to this Post
spider
Imagineer

spider's Reviews
To be honest though unless you are riding the roller coasters, you will not need one, as the rides dont have 2 hour queues!
That's the trouble, we (or rather everyone else except me! ) will be doing the coasters and that's what's worrying me, Ben having to wait for 2 hours (not gonna happen really ) and me waiting for them while I chicken out!

Ben is such a daredevil, the coasters hold no fear for him, he is gagging to get on the Hulk after 2004's disappointment
Old 24 Apr 06, 11:38 AM  
Link to this Post
signtalker
Imagineer

Sharon in that case go to Guest relations and get a GAC, even if you use it for the coasters and nothing else, it'll be worth it.

feel free to PM me if you need any other help.

jules
signtalker is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Apr 06, 11:50 AM  
Link to this Post
spider
Imagineer

spider's Reviews
Thanks Jule, just waiting for my reply from BG at the mo!

Feel a little more happy that they do some kind of GAC, thing is, once they see Ben I'm sure they will realise his needs!

I remember at SeaWorld when we were in the queue for the Arctic Ride in 2002, we used the normal queue, massive mistake, it was far too long for him to wait (about 30-40 minutes) as I was assured by the Guest Services that the waits were very small and that an assistance card wasn't necessary. It was so distressing for him, us and everyone in that queue I know he is abit more "mature" (use the term very loosely! ) but can't go through that again, especially in the heat of July!
Old 24 Apr 06, 07:16 PM  
Link to this Post
sueandco
Imagineer

sueandco's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 4
Sharon,

i am surprised at Seaworld - we have always got a GAC with no problem and it does help. It is far better to have to GAC and not use it than not have it.