Notices
Photo, Video & Vlogs Photography, Video and Vlog discussions

Closed Thread

Old 10 Apr 16, 07:23 AM  
Link to this Post
4holibobs
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Excited6910 View Post
I've really been umming and ahhing about this. I love my DSLR and I can't imagine a holiday without it.

But on the other hand I don't want to be lugging it around everywhere and worrying about rides, bags, lenses etc
First world problems eh?
4holibobs is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Apr 16, 08:01 AM  
Link to this Post
Twiggy1953
Apprentice Imagineer

Twiggy1953's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

Originally Posted by Excited6910 View Post
I've really been umming and ahhing about this. I love my DSLR and I can't imagine a holiday without it.

But on the other hand I don't want to be lugging it around everywhere and worrying about rides, bags, lenses etc
I've taken mine on road trips around Vegas, SF, Death Valley, & Yosemite. Also Yellowstone , because it's sits by the side of me in the car. But I've never taken it to Orlando.
Twiggy1953 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Apr 16, 08:04 AM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 9
Guidebook Photos: 18
Guidebook Reviews: 7
Mobile

I always take mine. But I love taking photos, particularly in the parks. If your 'not into photography', I'd take a small compact camera and leave the DSLR.

If you do want to take the DSLR then I'd suggest a sling strap and a decent camera bag that will double as a park bag.
We have used a half photo backpack before, camera on bottom section and park stuff in the top.
BevS97 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Apr 16, 08:12 AM  
Link to this Post
caj
VIP Dibber

caj's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

I mixed it up, I took DSLR into parks, on its neoprene neck strap and carried it like a cross body bag. Loved having it with me.
I also had a small compact that fits into my bum bag, if I fancied a day off.
caj is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Apr 16, 12:08 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

I carried mine around my neck last time although I am probably going to get a sling strap this time around! My backpack was surprisingly comfortable to carry around with me too! I wouldn't go to the parks without it now I got some great snaps with it last time!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Apr 16, 12:14 PM  
Link to this Post
stace&tink
Imagineer

I wore mine around my neck but did find it to be a pain sometimes. Next trip I won't take it with me if I plan to be out allll day.
stace&tink is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Apr 16, 12:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Excited6910
Imagineer

I love taking photographs, we have memory maker so I'm hoping to make the most of being in the pictures rather than just taking them myself.

My point and shoot isn't the best and I much prefer the quality from my DSLR. I'm going to have to pick my favourite lens and just put it in our snack bag rather than carry a second bag around.

Loved our Second “once in a lifetime" so much we're doing it again
Excited6910 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Apr 16, 12:31 PM  
Link to this Post
kirkdalewdw
Imagineer

i have a shoulder strap, and when it gets too heavy, it goes in my rucksack
kirkdalewdw is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Apr 16, 05:05 PM  
Link to this Post
milly
Excited about Disney

I use one of these - Case Logic SLRC-205 sling.
Its the most comfortable bag I have found and is good for a DSLR plus another lens and will also attach a tripod for night shots in the evenings. There is a really useful small zipped pocket on the strap that is prefect for your entry card and fast passes too.
I've lugged this around all of the Disney parks and across the U.S. on trips to Vegas, San Diego and Nashville.

amazon/Case-Logic-C.../dp/B002ISXBFI

Milly
2002 - Highlands Reserve Villa, 2004 - Bahama Bay/AKL, 2005 - Highlands Reserve, 2007 - Tuscan Hills/Emerald Island/Cypress Pointe, 2008 - WL/AKL/Tuscan Hills, 2009 - SSR/The Palisades/AKL Kidani, 2010 - Disneys SSR, 2012 Beach Club, - 2012 POP! 2016-OKW/AKL
milly is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Apr 16, 07:35 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

When I went to Florida in January I took my DSLR, but I only took it out with me to Discovery Cove and Busch Gardens. At DC it wasn't a problem because I could leave it in the locker when I wasn't using it. At Busch Gardens I kept it in a camera bag, which I carried on my shoulder. I then had another small bag which had my purse etc in. It did start to get annoying after a while but it was worth it for the photos I got on the Serengeti Safari!

If you're worried about lugging it around with you every day, you could maybe just take it with you on days where you know you're not going to be going on tons of rides? Or if you're going to be spending half a day at a park? That's what I'm planning to do when I go to Disney and Universal in August
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread