Notices
Additional Support Needs & DAS Help & advice

Closed Thread

Old 18 May 06, 10:29 AM  
Link to this Post
KarenS
Apprentice Imagineer

Hi Nina,

My dates are 22nd June 2006 to 7th July 2006. Will you have a look for me?

Thanks

Karen
KarenS is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 May 06, 11:08 AM  
Link to this Post

Hey Karen I just tried for you, but may I suggest that you give them a call on the number they give on the website? Explain to them that you have been recommended by a freidn who is a fellow blue badge holder, explain that i paid the shuttle price, of £51 and then upgraded us to short term terminal car park. Please let me know what they say. It may be that as the shuttle parking is full during the dates that you have given, that they may want you to pay for the ringway price first.
Give them a call though and ask them if there is anyway you can park opn the short term car park...
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 May 06, 11:47 AM  
Link to this Post
KarenS
Apprentice Imagineer

Hi Nina,

I've just sent them an e-mail. I'm at work just now - I don't want to be overheard doing even more holiday organizing when I should be working! I will let you know how I get on. Thanks for all your help.

Thanks

Karen
KarenS is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 May 06, 01:10 PM  
Link to this Post

Your welcome hun, I just hope that you get the same treatment as i do, i do not see any reason why not though...Keep me updated if you can...Thanks
Old 18 May 06, 01:15 PM  
Link to this Post

Oh and if you do manage to get the upgrade to the short term carpark, look out for my car, because it will be there until the 25th June
Old 18 May 06, 01:37 PM  
Link to this Post
KarenS
Apprentice Imagineer

Hi Nina,

Result! bcp online e-mailed me back and said if I booked the premier park at £88 they will upgrade me to the short term car park for free!. I know it is a bit more expensive but I would have booked the premier park anyway as we have used it for the past 2 years and it is quite close to the terminal.

Do you know if the short term is straight across the road? and I take it we will get to use a disabled space. I am absolutely delighted it will make such a difference not having to use the shuttle bus. We really struggled last year with the kids and the luggage and I said at the time never again.

So thanks very much for all your help with this I really really appreciate it.

Thanks

Karen
Old 18 May 06, 03:20 PM  
Link to this Post
BarryandCaron
Imagineer

BarryandCaron's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 15
Karen, how many days parking did that work out at?

We've booked 18 days and it has cost us £107. This is to park in the short stay car park at long stay rates.

Sometimes there aren't any disabled parking bays (Terminal 1 is the worst for this) but you can park in any showing your photo copied blue badge.

Caron
Old 18 May 06, 06:32 PM  
Link to this Post

Hey Karen you are welcome...Just sorry that you could not get it any cheaper, but at least you will know for next time right? The earlier you book the more chance you have of getting it cheaper, but that is still an excellent rate

Also to answer your question, terminal 2 short stay carpark disabled bays are near the lifts, the lifts that take you strsight into the terminal, so there are no raods to cross

Hey Caron, thats not too bad a price, but at least next year it will be half that price...
Old 18 May 06, 06:32 PM  
Link to this Post
DIBBadmin
Imagineer

This thread has been automatically closed as it has not been posted on in 365 days.
DIBBadmin is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread