Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 19 Jun 19, 02:03 PM  
Link to this Post
WhereIBelong
Imagineer

Originally Posted by bluedave View Post
People who insist on whistling at the checkout- I hate the noise so much - would rather listen to fingernails scratching a blackboard.
try being stuck on a bus for an hour's commute with a whistling bus-driver. aaaargggghhhhh - got to the point where if I saw it was him, I waited 15min for the next bus.
WhereIBelong is online now Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jun 19, 02:03 PM  
Link to this Post
bluedave
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Miss_Tangled View Post
I’ve never heard anyone use the word ‘prolly’ either.
Ive heard prolly before - more of a younger generation phrase.
bluedave is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jun 19, 05:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Miss_Tangled
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by bluedave View Post
Ive heard prolly before - more of a younger generation phrase.
That’s made me feel old
* Tarpon Springs '07 * New York '07 * Hampton Lakes '09 * Mission Park March '11 * Four Corners Sep '11 * Dream Castle DLP December '12 * Florida Pines '14 & Grand Floridian Everglades Suite! * New York City...Surprise 30th December '14 * Lindfields & Grand Floridian September '15 * 1st trip with our little lady! WDW September '17 * DLP February ‘18 * 3 wks POR September '19 *
Miss_Tangled is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jun 19, 05:56 PM  
Link to this Post
bluedave
Imagineer

Oops sorry that wasn’t the intention. I should have said it’s a bit of a teenage phrase for some parts of the country😀
bluedave is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jun 19, 09:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Rincelex
Apprentice Imagineer

My husband constantly making a cup of tea and then balancing the teaspoon on the edge of the sink/drainer rather than putting it in the sink.

Same husband washing up spoons and then leaving them the wrong way up to dry and I end up with little circles in the cup of the spoon where the water has gathered.

Despite taking up more walking and doing a six week, once a week PT class that means I can't walk properly for Saturday and Sunday I have only lost 2lb in 5 weeks.
Rincelex is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jun 19, 10:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Rincelex
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by EssexSue View Post
I expect they are the same people who are always surprised they have to pay at checkouts too!
My husband does that its soooo annoying, me I have my purse out whilst walking round still shopping, no he waits for the person at the till to finish saying how much it is and then reaches for his wallet.

I just realised two posts in a row about hubby, I wish he would just stop doing annoying things then I wouldn't have anything to comment on.

Edited at 10:14 PM.
Rincelex is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jun 19, 10:23 PM  
Link to this Post
WhereIBelong
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Rincelex View Post
My husband does that its soooo annoying, me I have my purse out whilst walking round still shopping, no he waits for the person at the till to finish saying how much it is and then reaches for his wallet.

I just realised two posts in a row about hubby, I wish he would just stop doing annoying things then I wouldn't have anything to comment on.
I'm with your hubby on this one, I wait to hear how much. I personally am rarely in such a rush to get somewhere that 30 seconds extra would matter.

I am being served, it is my turn, so I will the time that I need - if I get flustered it will take longer. (And I am awkward sometimes... if someone behind does the passive aggressive tut or foot shuffle - for the sake of literally 30 seconds, I might get a voucher out...)
WhereIBelong is online now Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jun 19, 10:31 PM  
Link to this Post
lindylou46
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by WhereIBelong View Post
I'm with your hubby on this one, I wait to hear how much. I personally am rarely in such a rush to get somewhere that 30 seconds extra would matter.

I am being served, it is my turn, so I will the time that I need - if I get flustered it will take longer. (And I am awkward sometimes... if someone behind does the passive aggressive tut or foot shuffle - for the sake of literally 30 seconds, I might get a voucher out...)
Hope l am never behind you in a queue.
lindylou46 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jun 19, 07:28 AM  
Link to this Post
WhereIBelong
Imagineer

Originally Posted by lindylou46 View Post
Hope l am never behind you in a queue.
oh well, we are all different

Some people hurry about, some people amble... I am one of life's amblers. It may annoy some, but I am me.
Old 20 Jun 19, 07:39 AM  
Link to this Post
Juliemack
waiting impatiently...!

Juliemack's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
People (adults) that say/type brought instead of bought. I say in my head every time "that's what my children used to say before they could talk properly!" I'm aware it's irrational but
Juliemack is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List