Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Closed Thread

Old 21 Feb 15, 11:00 AM  
Link to this Post
STRESSED MOTHER
Trying for More Ears

CAR HIRE SANFORD alamo brits/savetime

Hello

a bit confused about 'savetime' and hoping someone can explain - we are flying into Sanford with Thomson and we are aware it is a small airport as done it before - and to some degree it is soooo easy because not a lot of vehicles parked up but would 'savetime' be available to avoid the flippin massive queue as it is a large flight

help?
STRESSED MOTHER is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Feb 15, 11:09 AM  
Link to this Post

Someone else correct me if I'm wrong I'm sure I head that at Sanford you still have to go to the counter? so not sure if you could skip...
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Feb 15, 11:13 AM  
Link to this Post
sarahc
VIP Dibber

sarahc's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 5
We did this but still had to go to the counter. The Alamo building is a short walk from the terminal and is quite large with lots of agents. We had no wait at all so I wouldn't panic.
Old 21 Feb 15, 12:19 PM  
Link to this Post
g1970
Imagineer

g1970's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 3
I'm sure I've read elsewhere that this option isn't available at Sanford.

As already mentioned, the service at the Alamo building has been pretty quick when we've been there, apart from the time when my other half was trying to blag a cheap upgrade to a muscle car
g1970 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Feb 15, 12:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Djcraigod
Excited about Disney

Flew into Sanford last August and had car from Alamo. You can do SaveTime which speeds up the process at the desk but there is no "skip the counter" option here so you have to go to the desk. The queue was very small, I waited only a couple of minutes, no hard sell and a good choice of cars to choose from.
Djcraigod is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Feb 15, 12:47 PM  
Link to this Post
rinigrajo
Helping Minnie

When you say a good choice to choose from I am a bit worried!
I would much rather be able to chose online ahead of time and know what I am collecting.
I am imagining a musical chairs type thing and I am really worried I might end up being left with the one nobody else wanted as I am not at all up on US cars :/
Flying into Sanford too in May
rinigrajo is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Feb 15, 12:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Djcraigod
Excited about Disney

Whenever you book car hire you are never guaranteed a specific model. What car class have you booked? There will be a row of cars in your category and you can select from that row. The Alamo reps in the car park are very helpful and will assist you in finding a nice car or maybe a nicer car from next category sometimes. (They will look after you even better if there's the chance of a $20 tip as a thank you)
Djcraigod is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Feb 15, 01:03 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by rinigrajo View Post
When you say a good choice to choose from I am a bit worried!
I would much rather be able to chose online ahead of time and know what I am collecting.
I am imagining a musical chairs type thing and I am really worried I might end up being left with the one nobody else wanted as I am not at all up on US cars :/
Flying into Sanford too in May
No company will let you chose online ahead. In fact Alamo's better than most companies, as with most rental companies they just assign you a parking space and whatever car's there, that's what your getting. Atleast with Alamo you can look at the cars in your row and decide what's best. I've always found there to be a fairly good choice, and the staff are always v helpful so if there's nothing suitable a quick word and I'm sure they'll find you something round the back.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Feb 15, 01:03 PM  
Link to this Post
DIBBadmin
Imagineer

This thread has been automatically closed as it has not been posted on in 365 days.
DIBBadmin is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread