Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Closed Thread

Old 22 Feb 15, 06:08 PM  
Link to this Post
tspill
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Griff_389 View Post
I always thought the parking was only meant to be with the flow of the traffic.

I'm also sure I've read somewhere about parking front first into spaces. As some cars don't have front plates, police like to be able to see the plate.
I think in the UK, this is only after dark.
tspill is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Feb 15, 12:23 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by 7SeasSailor View Post
A solid white line on the road means stop anyway.
I think the point here is that we have a lot more give way road markings and we get used to not coming to a complete stop if the way is clear. I found this very hard to actually do in the states and had to make a serious effort to comply.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Feb 15, 10:55 AM  
Link to this Post
Woodsie91
Surfing at Typhoon Lagoon

Glad I spotted this thread! I'll be a first time driver in Florida and although I'm not overly worried about it, it's good to get these tips. Especially stopping fully- it's something we have less of in the UK and I imagine it will take a conscious effort!

Thanks,
Dan
Woodsie91 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Feb 15, 12:19 PM  
Link to this Post

i was stopped by the US police for the first time in 6 visits on our trip through New England last october

i wasn't speeding as we were enjoying the roads through towns but he stopped me as it was a rental car and apparently they didnt get too many 'tourists' in the town he was patrolling, asked to see my license and where we were heading and off we went
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Feb 15, 09:06 PM  
Link to this Post
dave
Imagineer

Not sure about it being illegal but maybe more a bylaw on some villa communities but I'm sure some don't allow you to park on the roadside, you have to use your drive? Anyone else heard of this?
Sunset lakes 01, Weston Hills 03,Indian Ridge 04, Davenport 04, Westridge 06 & 07, Florida Pines 08, Lake Berkley 09, Windsor Hills 10, Emerald Island 12, Westridge 13, Legacy Park 15, Eagle Pointe 16, Loma Linda & Windsor Hills 17, Westridge 18, Bella Vida 19
FLORIDA MASTERS WORST TRAVEL AGENT 2015
HOLIDAY GENIE / TRAVELUP WORST TRAVEL AGENT 2016
dave is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Feb 15, 10:47 PM  
Link to this Post
f1girly
Imagineer

There was a note in our villa that cars had to be off the road by a particular time.
f1girly is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Feb 15, 10:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Lisbon
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Hi
Most villas have enough garage and car space for four cars if not more ( two in and two out etc ) so yes lots of if not all communities don't allow you to park on the roadside, there shouldn't be any need to
Rob
Lisbon is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Feb 15, 10:48 PM  
Link to this Post
DIBBadmin
Imagineer

This thread has been automatically closed as it has not been posted on in 365 days.
DIBBadmin is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread