Notices

Old 29 Mar 16, 02:12 PM  
Link to this Post

First time Disney travelers as growed ups!

First time Disney travellers as full time growed ups!
Terrified after first holiday was a disaster (but we won’t dwell on that).

There’s only the 2 of us going but this is us;

Me- 19, Disney lover and excited to return!
JM- 20, Wonderful partner, first visit, excited but in for a shock when he witnesses my enthusiasm upon arrival.

So, this is my first attempt of using The Dibb, after my wonderful auntie showed me hers, and she is always prepared and ready and I wanted in on the fun.

I’m hoping for this pre-trip report to have lots planned so I feel we made the most of our short trip! We’re hoping to make this trip a cheap one (well as cheap as we can) as we’re both low on money at the moment and are hoping to get AP.

With the help of my auntie (KD) we have decided to not stay in a Disney hotel to save money so we are staying at the hotel Kyriad. The hotel cost us £180 for the two of us, for 3 nights with a free shuttle bus to DLP.
Of course getting APs was a no brainer! Cheaper and it means we have to return over and over again, you know to get the money’s worth Sadly the Eurostar was pricey costing £220 for the two of us there and back (we’ll learn to book earlier than 5 weeks in advance in the future! ).

We’ve been looking on Super Trips for APs in the hope of them being cheaper, but for the Dream passes have only been £2/3 off, so will probably wait until we get to DLP to buy them instead.

Anyway I’m all topped up on Disney gear borrowing various jumpers, coats, hats etc. from KD and her family, so will definitely look the part! I’m also booked in for my Disney nails with Minnie and Mickey transfers! Such the fashionista

We’re planning on taking a packed lunch (or breakfast) for the Eurostar to save money and getting something in DLP for lunch, most probably Buzz Lightyears Pizza Planet Restaurant as other half is desperate to go!

Other plans for dining is the Friday night and Saturday night eating out at most likely café Mickey, Blue lagoon or Rainforest Cafe! I’m going to try and pre book these over the phone also. Any other meals where just going to see how we go!

I’ve noticed a couple of rides that are closed this month Peter Pans flight    and Star Tours (which is what JM was most looking forward too).

Our rough plan is arrival day (Thursday 12.00pm approx.) Disney land parks, Friday DL park, Saturday Studios and Sunday the best bits!

Thank you for reading! If you have any hints or tips to help please let me know as would like to be as prepared as possible!

Also if you have any information on parades and shows etc. or where I could get this information that would be great!

Edited at 10:29 AM.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Apr 16, 09:45 AM  
Link to this Post
neverbeen
Very Serious Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 10
Mobile

Yay for the trippie! Can't wait to read all about your break xx

Jun02 DLP Hotel Cheyenne *Nov04 DLP Explorers *Feb06 DLP Explorers *July/Aug12 WDW Highlands Reserve *Jul13 DLP Adagio *Dec13 DLP Cheyenne *Jul14 DLP Kyriad *Dec16 DLP Santa Fe *Aug18 DLP Adagio *Dec18 DLP Adagio Jun19 DLP *Aug22 DLP Sequoia Lodge *Dec22 DLP Adagio
neverbeen is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Apr 16, 11:25 AM  
Link to this Post
Bridgelass
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

Check out the 'Happy Hours' at King Ludwigs Castle in the Disney Village. This restaurant is located in Disney Village, and is accessed either through the gift shop or via the bar area.

There is a separate bar area for those who just want to have a drink and are planning to eat elsewhere - King Ludwig's has a happy hour each day where beer is buy one get one free (this excludes Saturdays and bank holidays).

Also, a must is Billy Bobs with live music and dancing of a night time... you will love it!

Our photo is in King Ludwigs bar :o)
Cancelled due to Covid-19... Sept 2020!
Bridgelass is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List