Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 8 Aug 18, 03:10 PM  
Link to this Post
TheHunts
Very Serious Dibber

Child Swap at Disney.

Hey Dibbers.

Can someone just explain child swop to me? We are a family of 6 adults and a baby. I think I get it, just want to be sure. Does the CM have to see the child? Also can you child swop on rides such as Toy Story Mania as the child can ride?

Thank you.

Edited at 03:22 PM.
TheHunts is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Aug 18, 03:48 PM  
Link to this Post
DiscoD6381
Excited about Disney

Mobile

I'm curious to see what people's experiences are with this as I had a very odd experience earlier this year.

The way it worked whilst we were there my wife or I would say we were child swapping when entering the queue with our older son. We would get a pass that the other would then use to enter the fast pass queue either with our older or son or not.

The strange experience was one day with fast pass at seven dwarfs mine train. The women ride attendant insisted that she see our non riding child and then commented that he was probably tall enough to ride. We explained he didn't actually like the ride so that's why we were swapping.
DiscoD6381 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Aug 18, 03:52 PM  
Link to this Post
TheHunts
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by DiscoD6381 View Post
I'm curious to see what people's experiences are with this as I had a very odd experience earlier this year.

The way it worked whilst we were there my wife or I would say we were child swapping when entering the queue with our older son. We would get a pass that the other would then use to enter the fast pass queue either with our older or son or not.

The strange experience was one day with fast pass at seven dwarfs mine train. The women ride attendant insisted that she see our non riding child and then commented that he was probably tall enough to ride. We explained he didn't actually like the ride so that's why we were swapping.
I’ve read so many different things about child swap, it seems to depend on the CM. Which is why I find it so confusing 😂🙈
TheHunts is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Aug 18, 03:53 PM  
Link to this Post
joanna23
Imagineer

joanna23's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 2
We’ve been using the swap. We all go up to the front of the ride and ask for rider switch. We always take Baby with us. They ask who is riding and who is staying. The people staying have a pass added to their bands with a return time. This is the new part that is a pain. The CM decides what the return time will be and sometimes that has meant waiting around which with a baby is not ideal.
I didn’t try it on TSM as I took the baby on with me.
I have used the FP system to book either 3 of us on (DH, DS and DD) which has allowed them to ride twice. I then book other Tier 1 for just me and then they get the passes added to their bands. It’s only been at Big Thunder Mountain where CM was a pain and said we weren’t allowed to do that as we should all have FP. All others have not mentioned it at all.

Edited at 03:55 PM.
joanna23 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Aug 18, 05:43 PM  
Link to this Post
MurrayBear
Getting Excited

Mobile

Joanna, that's really interesting as I was waiting to hear of people's experiences since the change. I take it you only got back recently?

What rides did you use it with in combination with FP? Trying to plan and will have a 2 yo and a baby.
MurrayBear is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Aug 18, 05:46 PM  
Link to this Post
DiscoD6381
Excited about Disney

Mobile

I always thought the idea for Disney ride switch was to avoid baby's and young kids waiting in line?
DiscoD6381 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Aug 18, 06:10 PM  
Link to this Post
TheHunts
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by joanna23 View Post
We’ve been using the swap. We all go up to the front of the ride and ask for rider switch. We always take Baby with us. They ask who is riding and who is staying. The people staying have a pass added to their bands with a return time. This is the new part that is a pain. The CM decides what the return time will be and sometimes that has meant waiting around which with a baby is not ideal.
I didn’t try it on TSM as I took the baby on with me.
I have used the FP system to book either 3 of us on (DH, DS and DD) which has allowed them to ride twice. I then book other Tier 1 for just me and then they get the passes added to their bands. It’s only been at Big Thunder Mountain where CM was a pain and said we weren’t allowed to do that as we should all have FP. All others have not mentioned it at all.
Thank you. Don’t understand why Disney have decided to do it that way. We’re only planning on doing part days in the parks so will probably miss out on a lot ☹️.
Old 8 Aug 18, 06:13 PM  
Link to this Post
joanna23
Imagineer

joanna23's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Mobile

Originally Posted by MurrayBear View Post
Joanna, that's really interesting as I was waiting to hear of people's experiences since the change. I take it you only got back recently?

What rides did you use it with in combination with FP? Trying to plan and will have a 2 yo and a baby.
We’re still here at the moment. Any questions just let me know.

I used FP combination with FOP, EE, Soarin, Test Track, Slinky Dog, Rock n Roller Coaster, Splash Mountain, BTM.
We had the issue with return time on FOP as DH went on and they’d given us a return time which was around 30 minutes after he actually got off. The baby was already playing up as he’d had enough of waiting and then it elongated it even more. It’s annoying that they got rid of the paper system.
August 2006 RPR & Rosen Plaza; August 2008 RPR & Regal Sun; August 2009 RPR & Buena Vista Palace; July/August 2010 RPR & SSR; July/August 2011 & 2012 Loews Miami Beach, RPR & SSR; 2013 SSR & RPR: 2014 Rosen Plaza, SSR & RPR; 2015 Renaissance, RPR & SSR;2016 Cabana Bay, SSR & RPR; 2018 CB, Portofino, SSR 2019 St Petes, Renaissance & SSR
joanna23 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Aug 18, 06:14 PM  
Link to this Post
joanna23
Imagineer

joanna23's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by TheHunts View Post
Thank you. Don’t understand why Disney have decided to do it that way. We’re only planning on doing part days in the parks so will probably miss out on a lot ☹️.
Don’t be too worried in the main it’s worked perfectly. It’s just one or two occasions when this new timing thing hasn’t helped. It’s not happened very often though.

We also only do mornings and then leave and we’ve done everything.

Edited at 06:47 PM.
Old 8 Aug 18, 06:47 PM  
Link to this Post
toonarmani
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 137
Mobile

Originally Posted by DiscoD6381 View Post
I always thought the idea for Disney ride switch was to avoid baby's and young kids waiting in line?
No, it's for those who don't want to/too small to ride not having to queue and for an adult to stay with them.

All young kids would rather not wait in line (and a lot of parents ), although for the latter I've noticed more and more people saving spaces or pushing through on our current trip (especially Latin Americans).
toonarmani is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List