Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Closed Thread

Old 19 Feb 15, 09:36 PM  
Link to this Post
nickymouse66
Imagineer

We never have a car - I can't drive & DH prefers not to when he's on holiday.
Until our last visit, we had always spent two weeks on I Drive, we have have in the past had children as young as 2 with us & have never had a problem.
We have used public transport, we use the I Ride locally, the Busch Gardens Shuttle, we have taken taxis, pre-booked Mears Shuttles to Disney before we have gone - all sorts!
We always like to do something different, so I always research where we want to go & how we can get there in advance & we have never missed out on anything we have wanted to do!
A car is not essential, but in my view it's each to their own
Old 20 Feb 15, 10:32 AM  
Link to this Post
Picalily
Imagineer

Picalily's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Hi, we have never had a car and have got around easily. You are better off using the Lynx buses as they go everywhere not just I Drive. It is $2 per trip and if you are getting another bus within 45 minutes you ask for a transfer ticket and the second bus is free. You can get an all day ticket for $4.50 or a weekly ticket for $16. The Lynx buses run to a timetable which you can pick up on the buses and if you know the times you do not have to stand around at the bus stops for long. The Lynx 8 goes to Seaworld and from there you get the 50 to Disney. You can walk to Universal in about 20 mins and a taxi back is about $12. You can also get to Celebration and a Walmart superstore by catching a Lynx 56 from Disney's TTC. If you consider how much parking is alone you could even get taxis elsewhere. We had no problems at all using the buses at all.
Picalily is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Feb 15, 11:14 AM  
Link to this Post

Rosen Inn @ Pointe does free shuttles to Universal i believe. At least they did when i stayed in 2012. We used it for going over, the caught a taxi back.

This year i'm staying at the Rosen Inn @ Pointe again. Its fairly easy to get to Seaworld, either via iTrolley or Lynx, cross the road and then catch the number 50 to Disney. Personally i would much rather pay $16 a week on a bus pass than that price daily for car parking... I know others will say that paying the car park is nothing to the freedom they get from being able to come and go as they please. Each to their own though!

We are looking at hiring a car though, just for two or three days. Only because we are thinking of going to Gatorland and Kissimee Old Town and taxi fare was almost the same as hiring a car for a very short period of time. For a majority of the travel though we will be using Lynx or iTrolley services.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Feb 15, 05:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Gingerbird
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Im asuming there is buses from Disney to Discovery Cove, sea world and Universal studios?
Gingerbird is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Feb 15, 09:10 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Gingerbird View Post
Im asuming there is buses from Disney to Discovery Cove, sea world and Universal studios?
Not Disney buses but the Lynx goes to those places. Takes roughly an hour or more depending on traffic.

golynx

Edited at 09:28 PM.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Feb 15, 09:10 PM  
Link to this Post
DIBBadmin
Imagineer

This thread has been automatically closed as it has not been posted on in 365 days.
DIBBadmin is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread