Notices

Old 4 May 16, 11:03 AM  
Link to this Post
katnav
Apprentice Imagineer

First Disney Family Trip May 2016

Hi all

Introductions

K - Mum, chief planner, organiser, list writer, organiser of fun!
A - Dad, never been to Disney before. Not sure what he will make of it.
J - Turns 5 while away. Sensible, sensitive, fan of star wars, Toy Story and small, gentle rides.
A - 3, Crazy chick, a Peppa Pig fan.

Told the kids last night about Disney, Mickey Mouse sent them a letter to invite them and sent them each a holiday countdown so they can join in the final countdown and share the excitement. I booked this trip last January when I found a good deal for the school half term holiday so have had a much longer countdown than them.

We are driving over as I have used my Tesco clubcard for the shuttle so just have to cover petrol, tolls and european breakdown.

We are staying 4 nights at Cheyenne and have booked the b+b disney hotel just outside for the night before as we were due to arrive on my J's birthday and thought that was unfair to make him travel on that day so we are driving down the night before (my birthday) so he can spend his whole birthday in Disney.

The plans...
Drive over on the 29th and spend late afternoon/evening in the Disney village. Have dinner at Annettes if we can get in as im aware it is bank holiday weekend and it may be busy. If not we will just grab whatever we can and celebrate my birthday with icecream instead!

Monday - get up and over to Cheyenne. Park up the car and collect tickets from the hotel and walk over to Disneyland park. We plan to take our time the whole holiday and not stress much about queues and just take it in. Plan for this day is to meet as many characters as possible, go on as many rides as poss and watch as many shows as poss. We have inventions booked for 6.15 this evening for J's birthday. We plan to stay for the fireworks tonight. My theory is as the week goes on we and especially the kids will get more and more tired so will try on the first night to get it in.

Tuesday - Late start as going to the studios today which I thought fitted well with the late night. Again just get as much done without stressing much. Have dinner booked at Silver Spur steakhouse today for 6.15 again.

Wednesday - Back to the park today for early magic hours. We have lunch booked at Walts for this day but I am not sure whether we will cancel this or not yet, will see how we feel. Depending on how tired we are tonight we may go to the cinema in the Village.

Thursday - Back to the Studios today to do anything we missed on Tuesday and redo anything we really enjoyed.

Friday - We have until mid afternoon before we need to start driving back. Will leave this day clear but we will probably be in the park as feel 2 full days is enough for the studio. Maybe some last minute shopping.

We have Merlin passes so have been building the kids queuing stamina up! We have been to Alton Towers for a couple of days, Legoland and Chessington and they have done really well so am hopeful it won't be too stressful.

We have been watching lots of youtube videos of the rides there. J is very sensitive with lots of things, especially rides and needs to be prepared a bit to make him less nervous. He cried before riding Scorpion Express at Chessington on Monday but absolutely loved the ride and for the first time rode with his hands in the air... a huge achievement for him.

We have booked Florida for next May (the kids don't know) so feel this is a great introduction trip for them and the husband.

Hoping to do a trip report when I get back as I find it really helpful reading other peoples so hopefully can return the favour.

Thanks for reading.
katnav is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List