Notices
Beyond the Parks Attractions that are not covered by the main Theme Parks.

Old 10 Jul 17, 12:30 PM  
Link to this Post
katiewintle
Proud to wear my Ears

Kennedy Space Centre

Good afternoon all.

Today we have received our tickets from Orlando Attraction Tickets for some of the stuff we want to do.

We have tickets for Kennedy Space Centre booked for the 9th September.

It says on the paper that pick-up is between 7.05am and 7.25am. Does anyone know where pickups are done (i.e., where do we need to go to get the coach).

We have to phone up in advance to arrange our pickup, but thought I would message on here to get an idea in my head first.

Anyone who has been on this trip, know what time we will usually get back? We are staying at POFQ.

Thanks in advance
katiewintle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jul 17, 01:32 PM  
Link to this Post
daisydoo
Apprentice Imagineer

We did this a couple of weeks ago. We were staying at Rosen Inn International on I-Drive which was one of the pick up points.

From what I can remember, it was 7.10 from our hotel but the other pick up points were Universal bus station, Pointe Orlando, Swan Hotel @ Disney and there was another pick up point which I can't remember.

I e-mailed Florida Dolphin tours and booked the transport that way (done via their website). They were really quick to respond as well. Their e-mail address (if you want it) is: reservations@floridadolphintours.com

If you let them know what dates you are going, the number in your party and where you are staying, they will let you know the nearest pick up point and also the pick up time.

Hope this helps.

Daisydoo
daisydoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jul 17, 02:00 PM  
Link to this Post
katiewintle
Proud to wear my Ears

How long did your day last for?

Just been on Florida Dolphin Tours website for the KSC tour and it says the duration is approx. 12 hours - is this correct?

Do you have breaks in the day?
katiewintle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jul 17, 02:23 PM  
Link to this Post
daisydoo
Apprentice Imagineer

The duration time includes the travel time. By the time you have picked everyone up from the different locations, it will probably be about 8.30ish so you should get to Kennedy about 9.45 and you have to be back at the coach for about 4.50 to leave at 5pm.

You will probably have about 7-8 hours at the Space Centre (which was still not enough for us).

Florida Dolphin Tours' driver offered advice on how to get the best out of your day and we found it invaluable. They advise looking round the rocket garden first and then to go on the Atlantis tour (which is not to be missed). They offer their driver as a guide for the first couple of hours (Atlantis tour) which we took them up on (no charge).

We did things in the order they advised and we still did not get to see the Mars Explorer film at the end of the day.

However, you are free to do whatever you want, when you want. There is no set time schedule to do anything (other than get back to the coach on time).

It really was the most fantastic day and not to be missed. The park itself is not huge, you could probably walk from one end to the other in about 10 minutes but there is so much to see and do and it is so informative that you will not want to miss anything.

If you need any more info, let me know.

Daisydoo
daisydoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jul 17, 03:02 PM  
Link to this Post
katiewintle
Proud to wear my Ears

Thank you, I will show my hubby this and he may have a few questions to ask
Old 10 Jul 17, 08:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Pearlygatesuk
Dancing with Tink'

Did you get to tour the actual grounds of the space centre, go past the vehicle assembly building, view the launch pads etc? This is the thing I look forward to more than anything, being on the grounds where history has been made.

I've seen the bus tour round the grounds on youtube but to do it in real life is going to be amazing.

We were fortunate enough to see Space Shuttle Discovery at the Edgar Huzy centre just outside DC in 2014. Atlantis having been the last ever space shuttle to be launched will be very special to see.

Eeeeeep!
Pearlygatesuk is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jul 17, 07:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Picklepuppy
Being a bit Goofy

Mobile

Is there anything about the women from hidden figures?
Picklepuppy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jul 17, 04:26 AM  
Link to this Post
FamilyDisney
Getting Excited

Mobile

Was there today and the bus driver on the tour was very impassioned about the Hidden Figures ladies however I didn't see any official exhibit. Book was on sale in shop. Watched the movie on the plane over, fantastic movie was very moved by it.
FamilyDisney is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jul 17, 05:11 AM  
Link to this Post
Picklepuppy
Being a bit Goofy

Mobile

I love the film, got the book to read yen I get a chance lol.
Picklepuppy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List