Notices
General Trip Planning Other Holiday Planning.

Old 26 Jul 17, 03:08 PM  
Link to this Post
lynjowton
Excited about Disney

lynjowton's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Age 50 plus

Hi all when we next visit Florida i will be 51 think i must be having a mid life crisis. I don't feel any older am very healthy and try keep as active as i can i hope i don't look my age. I know age is just a number but when i think 51 and will be on rides and water park slides i hope i don't look too out of place. My son will be 13 when we go and i want to make his memories special but don't want to show him up either. I am a fun loving person so will do silly character photo,s join in any stage shows or anything else that is a bit wacky. I know there will come a time when i should act my age but for now i am not ready to. Does age ever stop you maybe doing things you would have done when you were younger?
lynjowton is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jul 17, 03:43 PM  
Link to this Post
BONZO
Imagineer

Wink

Hi

As someone who has gone past your "milestone", age is just a number and shouldn't hold you back any shape or form.

Luckily, IMHO, Disney is one of the few places where age, gender, size, etc. really doesn't matter.

Acting your age is optional

Just kick back and enjoy!

Life really is far too short!

1988 ~ Contemporary ~ Honeymoon
1989 ~ Off site
1994 ~ EuroDisney ~ Santa Fe
1999 ~ Off site
2001 ~ CBR (Aruba) ~ Poly (Tahiti)
2003 ~ WL & HRH
2004 ~ Pop Century, RPH, CSR, PBH, Contemporary
2006 ~ DLP ~ Newport Bay
2007 ~ POR ~ HRH ~ GF
2008 ~ All star sports, BCV, RPH, Vero Beach, VWL
2010 ~ OKW ~ BCV ~ HRH ~POP Century ~ Vero Beach ~ VWL
2013 ~ AKL ~ HRH ~ BCV ~ Vero Beach ~ VWL

Edited at 03:45 PM.
BONZO is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jul 17, 03:49 PM  
Link to this Post
disney332
Imagineer

Age 51 is great.

You are old enough to know its wrong, but wealthy enough to do it !

Disney332
Old 26 Jul 17, 04:00 PM  
Link to this Post
inky1
Imagineer

Originally Posted by lynjowton View Post
. My son will be 13 when we go and i want to make his memories special but don't want to show him up either. I am a fun loving person so will do silly character photo,s join in any stage shows or anything else that is a bit wacky. I know there will come a time when i should act my age but for now i am not ready to. Does age ever stop you maybe doing things you would have done when you were younger?
I will be just turned 54 when we go and my son will be 13 .I think that far from age stopping me doing things, as I get older I care much less what other people think .I think being an older parent keeps you young .
I have always been the " official "water slide tester and people I work with are amazed that I go on all the big coasters .You will be building fantastic memories with your family and at the end of the day that's all that counts .Do it while you can .Hopefully there will NEVER be a time when we act our age lol
inky1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jul 17, 04:24 PM  
Link to this Post
letty
Imagineer

life is for living, having just had a milestone birthday, I can honestly say I don't feel my age (50) and as the previous poster, said I don't care what others think.
With age comes great wisdom
Old 26 Jul 17, 04:39 PM  
Link to this Post
daisydoo
Apprentice Imagineer

Our next trip will be for my 50th in May 2019 and my age has never stopped me doing anything.

We (me and DD who has just turned 21) went on everything from The Hulk to One Fish, Two Fish, had photos taken with the characters (Anna & Elsa were my favourites), sang out hearts out (very loudly) walking down the street in Islands of Adventure and we enjoyed every single minute of it and I wouldn't do it any differently next time we go.

It is YOUR holiday and who cares what other people think. You will probably never see them again anyway

Until my age or health stop me from enjoying myself, I will carry on the way I always have.

There is no age limit for Florida - it is perfect for kids of all ages.

Hope you have an amazing time.

Daisydoo
daisydoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jul 17, 05:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Blue21
Serious Dibber

Mobile

I am going to be 58 when there and I intend to have the most fun I can. I want one of those it's my birthday badges. 😆
Blue21 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jul 17, 06:23 PM  
Link to this Post
speedwayfan
Imagineer

speedwayfan's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
I think I look at things in the opposite way, I'm 57 and if I don't do the silly, exciting and new things now I may not get another chance. Life is too short.

I remember when I went on a work trip over 10 years ago, most people there (both men and women) were younger than me by as much as 20 years in some cases. We went to Turkey and had the opportunity to partake in wind surfing, sail boating, horse riding and mountain biking - all complementary. So many of them didn't participate, sat on the beach and did very little.

I doubt they remember much about the trip apart from the sun and sand - I know I have great memories and would still do the same now.

Jill

PS Next month I'll be the silly nannie waving her napkin at Chef Mickeys, embarrassing my son and my grandchildren.

Edited at 06:24 PM.
speedwayfan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jul 17, 07:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Carol J
VIP Dibber

I will be 61 on our next visit August 2018 our grandson will be 7 and he's going for the first time I intend to be very silly and have a wonderful holiday and I can't wait

Hotel 1992
Private Villa 1993, 1996, 2000, 2004, 2007
2009 Port Orleans French Quarter - 30th Wedding Anniversary break just the two of us!
2011 - 2 weeks Terrace Ridge Condo
2013 - 2 weeks Palm Key Village
2014 - 14 nights Palm Key Village, 2 Nights Melia Suite Hotel Celebration
2016 Villa 6 nights Royal Pacific Resort 4 nights
August 2018 17 nights Dibb Villa and 3 nights Royal Pacific Resort
2019 Villa 2 weeks just the two of us!
Carol J is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jul 17, 07:53 PM  
Link to this Post
sunnysandra
Very Serious Dibber

I am 54 and when I go on the hulk I scream the loudest 😄
sunnysandra is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List