Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 20 Aug 19, 05:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Sandra & co
Imagineer

Sandra & co's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by mickey house View Post
I can't offer advice, but when I asked my GP for an extra supply of mens blue tablets he refused (tablets as per the advert when the man is dancing around because he is one of 4 million men who has this problem and his tablet obviously worked for him).

I am willing to make a CD for you daughter with me singing various songs including the bee gees, Barbra Streisand and les mis?
Ha ha my dd said is this dad? This is exactly something my dh would say! Maybe all people from Hillingdon are idiots, but she’s declined your kind offer!
Old 20 Aug 19, 05:32 PM  
Link to this Post
WhereIBelong
Imagineer

Edit to add - in the case of placebos etc...

But... in this case - the child is a 17 year old.

If she were to become unwell, it is not beyond the realms of possibility she would be taken off somewhere - as an adult, possibly alone. She would be asked what she had taken. Diazepam... this could affect any further treatment. A white lie CAN hurt.
WhereIBelong is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Aug 19, 05:43 PM  
Link to this Post
JudyC
Imagineer

Why not suggest to your daughter she try St John's Wort tablets which can be bought at somewhere like Holland & Barrett. Although there isnt scientific proof they work , a lot of people believe them beneficial. Sometimes believing a homeopathic remedy can work is enough, so it's not telling her a white lie, they could have the desired effect, placebo or not.
JudyC is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Aug 19, 05:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Chilli-pepper
Imagineer

Originally Posted by WhereIBelong View Post

If she were to become unwell, it is not beyond the realms of possibility she would be taken off somewhere - as an adult, possibly alone. She would be asked what she had taken. Diazepam... this could affect any further treatment. A white lie CAN hurt.
This is my biggest concern about medicating with a placebo.
Chilli-pepper is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Aug 19, 05:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Sandra & co
Imagineer

Sandra & co's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
If the gp doesn’t give her anything she will probably vomit till we get there, we probably won’t bother going away again as it’s just not worth it! She’s gonna spend the whole time worrying about the flight home.
Old 20 Aug 19, 05:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Chilli-pepper
Imagineer

I can't offer advice, but when I asked my GP for an extra supply of mens blue tablets he refused (tablets as per the advert when the man is dancing around because he is one of 4 million men who has this problem and his tablet obviously worked for him).
Years ago when this particular tablet came out, I worked in a clinic that was one of the first to prescribe, the drugs reps came round to flog their wares and gave out a load of silver key rings in the shape of the tablet with pfizer stamped on one side and name of the tablet on the other, my ever so naive husband was very appreciate of the silver key ring and used it with pride until word got out and he realised what it was

Edited at 05:50 PM.
Chilli-pepper is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Aug 19, 06:00 PM  
Link to this Post
marypoppins38
Imagineer

Originally Posted by WhereIBelong View Post

As she is under the age of 18, I think they would ask for a parent or guardian to be present. Until my dd turned 18 I had to attend all hospital appointments with her.
marypoppins38 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Aug 19, 06:01 PM  
Link to this Post
WhereIBelong
Imagineer

Originally Posted by JudyC View Post
Why not suggest to your daughter she try St John's Wort tablets which can be bought at somewhere like Holland & Barrett. Although there isnt scientific proof they work , a lot of people believe them beneficial. Sometimes believing a homeopathic remedy can work is enough, so it's not telling her a white lie, they could have the desired effect, placebo or not.
and if she is 17 and on the pill... or a million other interactions St John's Wort has. Do not take St John's Wort without a doctor's advice.
WhereIBelong is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Aug 19, 06:02 PM  
Link to this Post
mickey house
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Chilli-pepper View Post
Years ago when this particular tablet came out, I worked in a clinic that was one of the first to prescribe, the drugs reps came round to flog their wares and gave out a load of silver key rings in the shape of the tablet with pfizer stamped on one side and name of the tablet on the other, my ever so naive husband was very appreciate of the silver key ring and used it with pride until word got out and he realised what it was
Oh dear that made me laugh
mickey house is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Aug 19, 06:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Chilli-pepper
Imagineer

Oh dear that made me laugh
Oh how it still makes me chuckle, sadly for my poor long suffering husband that's one of the many tricks played on him over the years from various work places. Most of them very juvenile (having worked in sexual health for a while) but funny.

Edited at 06:13 PM.