Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 21 Aug 19, 02:25 PM  
Link to this Post
EssexSue
VIP Dibber

Mobile Must not comment so posting on here.

The hotel is holding a junior giant splash competition,there are little dots in armbands up to about 14 year olds. A dad is actually coaching his son who is definitely at the older end of the age group. Whatever happened to fun for funs sake?
EssexSue is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Aug 19, 02:34 PM  
Link to this Post
ERICSMUM
Imagineer

There's always someone who spoils things for everyone else ! He wouldn't listen if you told him. Shame they haven't split it into 2 teams by age to give all a fair chance.
ERICSMUM is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Aug 19, 03:19 PM  
Link to this Post
EssexSue
VIP Dibber

Mobile

He didn't win. Apparently he has been being coached at boules and darts too. I feel really sorry for him.
EssexSue is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Aug 19, 03:21 PM  
Link to this Post
mickey house
Imagineer

Sue, have a bottle or two of wine and sod them all.

My son was never into football in a big way, but the amount of stories I've heard from friends/family whose young kids have played in football teams, and some of the dads want to fight the ref or other parents if their lad's goal wasn't allowed etc.
mickey house is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Aug 19, 03:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Sandra & co
Imagineer

Sandra & co's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Competitive parents drive me mad, my kids were not the best at sports, dh used to be linesman at football when my oldest son played. The was a lot of arguments between parents that nearly came to blows. My kids were better at dressing up in funny costumes and making Easter bonnets!
Old 21 Aug 19, 04:19 PM  
Link to this Post
olgaandcoda
Imagineer

olgaandcoda's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by mickey house View Post

My son was never into football in a big way, but the amount of stories I've heard from friends/family whose young kids have played in football teams, and some of the dads want to fight the ref or other parents if their lad's goal wasn't allowed etc.
This was my world with two football mad sons! Especially on all day tournaments with a beer tent!
Old 21 Aug 19, 04:25 PM  
Link to this Post
marypoppins38
Imagineer

My son plays sport at a high level. Some of the things I have seen from parents would make your hair curl. Coaching is strictly not allowed nor is communicating to the player in any way. I have seen hand signals/sign language going on, parents speaking to their children in Russian or what ever language they choose to use. It’s bizarre! Why they can’t just let them get on a play and compete I really don’t know as it’s incredibly distracting and embarrassing for their child. I guess some parents want the success more than their children actually do in some cases. It’s very sad.
marypoppins38 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Aug 19, 06:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Dougie
Imagineer

Dougie's Reviews
Mobile

Ice hockey parents are awful. They are frustrated players ( never played themselves but are avid fans) or they think their son is the next Sidney Crosby ( Think Messi in football) . They sit in the stands screaming at the ref, shouting at their kids to fight/ shoot/ skate. Many years my friend was a goal judge in a Junior game and there was an incident where the puck didn't completely cross the goal line so she didn't put the goal light on, she had parents screaming and abusing her. It was horrible.

Obviously this isn't all parents
Dougie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Aug 19, 06:32 AM  
Link to this Post
Tbone
slightly serious Dibber

Tbone's Reviews
Mobile

Me and DH both play and have coached ice hockey, we actively encourage patents to have a go at the adult basics lessons to see how difficult it is and can help with the sideline coaching (not all the time) And yes i’ve seen parents and partners in older ages asked to leave the rink.

Our little one at 3 has decided on ballet and gymnastics which is great as we know nothing about this so more than happy to leave it to coaches and do whatever makes her happy
Tbone is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Aug 19, 06:52 AM  
Link to this Post
Universal VR
Imagineer

Originally Posted by mickey house View Post

OH used to be a referee and he wouldn’t do kids matches. He said the kids didn’t bother him but the parents terrified him!