Old 24 Aug 21, 09:52 AM  
Link to this Post
Laner
slightly serious Dibber

Laner's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
The First Trip 1993 – Day Fifteen – Heading Home – 24th September 1993

Not much to report today in that we finished packing our cases and headed out to the airport pretty early as we had a flight back to the UK just after lunch which seems strange now as most UK flights are early evening. We got to the airport in good time after filling the car up with petrol and followed the signs for “Rental Car Return”. We parked up in a long line of cars expecting somebody to look over the vehicle to see if there was any damage, but the guy just took the keys and stamped a form to say that we had brought the car back. We had to get the cases out and leave all the doors and the boot wide open which I thought was strange.

We decided to check in and go straight through to air side and get something to eat there, which was a mistake as in those days there was literally nothing apart from a small shop selling dodgy sandwiches that we could see anyway, so we just chilled out, slept on the flight home and we were picked up at the airport in Manchester by my dad.

That first trip in 1993 was such an excellent way to see what a holiday to Orlando could be like. It spoiled us really as the crowds were nothing like they are today and we walked round part empty parks some of the time and were able to walk onto everything we wanted to go on. I can’t remember fast passes or having to queue anywhere.

Florida hadn’t disappointed and started off a healthy obsession with visiting the States, which I managed to pass onto my daughter. We are not as obsessive as some on the Dibb with our Florida trips, as we like to give it a good few years between visits as I think you get the benefit of change, indeed our last visit was 2013 and we were due to go again in 2020 as a reward for my daughters graduation, but we all know what happened to that. It must have bitten me because I remember thinking about that one day left on my tickets and how I would be able to use it on future trips on the flight home.

I hope you have enjoyed this nostalgic look at the past.
Disneyland Paris 2000, 2002, 2006, 2008, 2011, 2014
Florida 1993, 1997, 2008, 2013
Laner is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Aug 21, 11:18 AM  
Link to this Post
mickeyspal
Imagineer

I dont usually read trip reports but I wanted to read yours as it was such a good time to visit, when disney was not crowded and magical memories came before making money.

Thankyou for taking the time to post this , it must have taken you ages to do, and I for one have really enjoyed it
mickeyspal is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Aug 21, 11:42 AM  
Link to this Post
Laner
slightly serious Dibber

Laner's Reviews
Thank you for reading and taking the time to comment. I remember another poster a few years ago had a right pop at people for not taking the time to comment on trip reports - I think the person had 3K views on one of the days and 1 comment. I have done three of these things now and I do them as much for myself as others as it is a good way to store your memories before they start to fade as mine are evidently doing :-)

I started this as a project in Lockdown One and simply added some more of the days over the last few weeks and polished it up. I am glad it brought back some great memories.

Edited at 12:16 PM.
Laner is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Aug 21, 04:03 PM  
Link to this Post
AL1S0N
Dibbing with Tink

Thank you for taking the time to post this, I've enjoyed reading it all. I'm really impressed with your memory, you have remembered more of that holiday than I can of my 1 trip to Florida in 2016!
AL1S0N is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Aug 21, 05:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Laner
slightly serious Dibber

Laner's Reviews
Thank you for reading along. The only reason, I can remember where we visited is when we got back we put together a photo album with all the dates and where we had been in there. I think there are well over 120 photos in there. Once I looked through them, memories started to come back to me vividly for some days e.g. when we went to Cassadaga but for other days like the Magic Kingdom, it was a bit of a blur.
Old 26 Aug 21, 12:17 AM  
Link to this Post
sparks1
Apprentice Imagineer

I’ve really enjoyed your report! It was so interesting to read about how things were at that time. We didn’t go for the first time until 2008 so I found your descriptions fascinating. Thanks for posting it! 😊

2008 - POR, 2010 - OKW & HRH, 2012 - OKW & HRH, 2013 - SSR, 2014 - OKW & HRH, 2015 - SSR, YCR & PBH, 2016 - OKW & Disney Dream, 2017 - OKW & PBH, 2018 - AKL
sparks1 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Aug 21, 07:38 AM  
Link to this Post
sacratini28
Trainee Dibber

Really enjoyed going back in time with you !

Our first trip was in 92,but it brings back so many memories !

Thanks for taking the time to post, it really was a magic time to visit !
sacratini28 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Aug 21, 02:11 PM  
Link to this Post
simon
VIP Dibber

simon's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 12
Thanks so much for sharing your first trip , it’s brought back so many memory’s of our first trip in 93 . There is so much I can relate to about the parks then , also dinning and driving .
👍
simon is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Aug 21, 06:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Twinkle-Dolphin
Apprentice Imagineer

Thanks for sharing your trip report, it brought back lots of memories of our first trip in 1994
Old 30 Aug 21, 02:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Manc_Chris
slightly serious Dibber

Thanks for doing this, enjoyed it. Our first trip was in 92, and there's no way I'd remember as much as you have - just wish I'd kept a diary of each day, like I do now.

It brought back some great memories, we loved WaterMania too and had some great days there with the kids... and I'd forgotten all about Captain Nemo's!

Thanks again 😀
Jul '95: Kissimmee/Keys Oct '96/Oct '97/Aug '05/Oct '07: Kissimmee. May '98: Kissimmee Oct '01: RotondaOct 2012:Kissimmee/Anna Maria IslandSep '14: Davenport/RotondaOct '16: Cape Coral/Spring Hill Sep '17: Kissimmee/Rotonda Oct ‘18: Oregon/California Sep ‘19: Highlands Reserve/Bradenton Feb '22: Sunridge Woods Oct '23: New England Road Trip
Manc_Chris is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List