Notices

Old 28 Apr 21, 07:42 AM  
Link to this Post
gjdjud
GEORGE

gjdjud's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 26
DOUBLE TROUBLE IN THE DISNEY AND UNIVERSAL BUBBLE Aug' 22 PRE-TRIP. DAY BY DAY PLANS!

DOUBLE TROUBLE IN THE DISNEY AND UNIVERSAL BUBBLE AUGUST'22 PRE TRIP REPORT

UNFORTUNATELY ALL CHANGE AGAIN. PLEASE SEE POST 181.

THE CLIFF NOTES

RIGHT IN ALL HONESTY THIS PRE TRIP REPORT IS NOW A COMPLETE MESS!

HERE IS AN UPDATED VERSION. IT WAS GOING TO BE JUST FLORIDA, I CHANGED MY MIND, CANCELLED EVERYTHING AND THEN MADE IT A WEST COAST/EAST COAST DUAL TRIP TO SEE DISNEYLAND AS ITS MY DREAM. RECENTLY GOT SPOOKED BY VACCINATION REQUIREMENTS IN CALIFORNIA AND ESCALATING COSTS SO NOW ITS BACK TO BEING A FLORIDA ONLY TRIP. ALL THE CHOPPING AND CHANGING IS MAKING ME SEEM MAD! I PROBABLY AM A LITTLE.

THIS IS THE NEW NOT TO BE CHANGED PLAN!

AUGUST 7th LONDON GATWICK TO TAMPA
5 NIGHTS CABANA BAY FAMILY SUITE
5 NIGHTS ROYAL PACIFIC RESORT STANDARD ROOM
12 NIGHTS DISNEY ALL STAR MUSIC ADJOINING ROOMS
AUGUST 29th TAMPA TO LONDON GATWICK

SO 22 NIGHTS, 3 HOTELS, LOADS OF THEME PARKS, LOADS OF FOOD! SOME SHOPPING, THROW IN SOME STROPPY TEENAGERS, A HERO DAD, AND WE ARE ALL SET!

SO APOLOGIES TO ALL THOSE WHO HAVE READ THIS FROM THE START AND HAVE NO IDEA WHATS ACTUALLY HAPPENING OR WHERE I'M GOING BUT WHATS WRITTEN ABOVE IS IT!

Welcome to my fifth Pre Trip Report! It’s so far away but I don’t care! I want to get cracking so forgive me for writing this stupidly early. So this is coming a little later than planned. This was supposed to be a 2021 trip, but like many, Covid has put that on the back burner. Savings were going fantastically well but as soon as we entered the first lockdown back in March 2020 it was pretty certain that as someone who is self employed and was not allowed to work then there was no chance 2021 would be feasible so I made the decision straight away to postpone until 2022.

So as said above this will be my fifth trip report. You can find the others here.
ALL IN ONE PLACE 2012-2019 Trip Reports Feel free to have re read on all our previous adventures and mishaps.

I will also as usual be doing a food report that will run alongside this trip report. You can find these here. THE CHRONICLES OF FATTY 2012-2019. ALL MY FOOD REPORTS so I won’t go on too much about the eating side of things and save that for the food report.

THE CAST

Me. George. At the time of writing I’m 45. I had actually just had to double check that as I am getting older my memory is getting awful. Chief planner. I love the planning part of these trips. Some people have hobbies, this is mine. Prone to reusing old jokes from previous trip reports, see above about getting more forgetful. I’m prone to trying to surprise the family with secret things on holiday that won’t be revealed on trip reports until later

DW. Kelly. 44. Like every trip says she doesn’t care and will leave things up to me but in reality thats a load of ****. Loves these trips as much as me. She, like me went as a kid. Other holidays aren’t really on the agenda at the moment.

DD1 Evie Mae,13. So if any of you are familiar of where left of last time back in 2019 then you’ll know Evie was adamant she was never going again. Thankfully this has cooled as she is even known to say the phrase “When we go to Disney next time”. As detailed in previous reports, Evie was registered blind with a genetic issue called Stargardts shortly after our 2015 trip. This was out of the blue and a real life changer. I’m not going to go into to much detail other than for people unfamiliar with my other reports if I mention it in passing. It’s part of our lives. She copes amazingly well and currently still retains some vision but not much.

Her tantrums still haven’t cooled and could start an argument with herself when she walks past a mirror!

DD2 Lily Belle, 11. Very very smart. We are banking on her to strike it rich when she’s older and buy us a big house. Loves a book and always has 4 or 5 different book series on the go at once. Laughs at her own jokes which is worrying. Was a big Harry Potter fan but not so much anymore but I’m sure as soon as we get there she’ll love it again. I thinks its amazing I have a 12 year old daughter that cries with emotion while watching Les Miserables!

Wait a minute. What's one of my reports without the usual threats about me and my Mankini? Go on then for old times sake.

George

Edited at 03:57 PM.
gjdjud is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Apr 21, 07:54 AM  
Link to this Post
Jaspercat10
VIP Dibber

Sounds fantastic George and I will be glued to your report as ever. Planning on Aug 2022 ourselves but nothing booked yet so will enjoy reading this
Plus how lovely to read a pre trip report ... :-)
Old 28 Apr 21, 08:44 AM  
Link to this Post
gjdjud
GEORGE

gjdjud's Reviews
Originally Posted by Jaspercat10 View Post
Sounds fantastic George and I will be glued to your report as ever. Planning on Aug 2022 ourselves but nothing booked yet so will enjoy reading this
Plus how lovely to read a pre trip report ... :-)
Thank you. Doing things early but makes it more real that we are going
gjdjud is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Apr 21, 09:03 AM  
Link to this Post
Homer'sWife
Excited about Disney

Sounds fantastic! I panicked as well and booked Virgin to Miami for August 2022. I think we made a wise decision 😀
Homer'sWife is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Apr 21, 09:06 AM  
Link to this Post
vanlou
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 40
Sounds fab - fingers crossed POFQ does reopen, but AOA sounds a good compromise.

Love your trippies so really looking forward to following

DLP Aug 2004 SQL, Dec 2007 HNY, Dec 2008 DLH
WDW Aug 2011 POFQ/RPR, Aug 2014 - HRH/POFQ
August 2014 trip report - Er, where's the rain?
vanlou is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Apr 21, 10:23 AM  
Link to this Post
Disneycraft
Imagineer

Disneycraft's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 9
Restaurant Reviews: 17

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 3
Excited muchly ! We’re going next Aug too so we’ll see you there hopefully 😀

Marriott 93, MIC lakefront 94,Holiday inn 96,Rosen plaza 98,Quality inn plaza 02,BVP 06,BVP 07 ,Royal plaza 08,villa 09,villa +RPR 11,villa 12,Contemporary 13,BVP 14 ,POR xmas 15,Beach club 16,Beach Club 18 ,Contemporary 22, Sheraton LBV 23,+ DLP 03,17
Disneycraft is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Apr 21, 11:26 AM  
Link to this Post
gjdjud
GEORGE

gjdjud's Reviews
Originally Posted by Homer'sWife View Post
Sounds fantastic! I panicked as well and booked Virgin to Miami for August 2022. I think we made a wise decision 😀
I’m not going to look at BA prices when they are released

Originally Posted by vanlou View Post
Sounds fab - fingers crossed POFQ does reopen, but AOA sounds a good compromise.

Love your trippies so really looking forward to following
Thank you. Always wanted to stay at Art Of Animation so it’s win win.

Originally Posted by Disneycraft View Post
Excited muchly ! We’re going next Aug too so we’ll see you there hopefully 😀
Thanks for reading. Sounds like lots on the Dibb are going next August
Old 28 Apr 21, 01:47 PM  
Link to this Post
lfc_sarah
Imagineer

Love all of your plans! 😊

We too are in the boat of oh crap we can't afford everything this time and sadly might miss out on Universal on our next trip (but I hope not)

We have been looking at fly drives (constantly) and considered booking and not picking the car up but I'm forcing myself to wait.

You say you usually go in May which is when we have booked for so I must read your previous trippes too!
lfc_sarah is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Apr 21, 03:52 PM  
Link to this Post
mrsdjh
Imagineer

It’s nice to see pre trips starting again at last. Glad to read you are going again. Hope both the girls are well. Have you started your food place list yet?

I’m also looking at accommodation options - we love being on site but really need more than one room now. My girls are older and luckily we have always managed in one room with no arguments but I can see our next trip being one where we want to be up and out but they’re happy to lay in so different rooms are probably needed now to avoid arguments!
mrsdjh is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Apr 21, 08:09 PM  
Link to this Post
gjdjud
GEORGE

gjdjud's Reviews
Originally Posted by lfc_sarah View Post
Love all of your plans! 😊

We too are in the boat of oh crap we can't afford everything this time and sadly might miss out on Universal on our next trip (but I hope not)

We have been looking at fly drives (constantly) and considered booking and not picking the car up but I'm forcing myself to wait.

You say you usually go in May which is when we have booked for so I must read your previous trippes too!
Thank you reading I think it’s more sensible to wait. I just couldn’t! May is a great time to go

Originally Posted by mrsdjh View Post
It’s nice to see pre trips starting again at last. Glad to read you are going again. Hope both the girls are well. Have you started your food place list yet?

I’m also looking at accommodation options - we love being on site but really need more than one room now. My girls are older and luckily we have always managed in one room with no arguments but I can see our next trip being one where we want to be up and out but they’re happy to lay in so different rooms are probably needed now to avoid arguments!
Thanks for reading. Both girls are doing well Not started my food list yet! I’ve got a few ideas!