Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 19 Jul 21, 08:54 AM  
Link to this Post
lemmiwinkles
Excited about Disney

I’m still positive. I think things will open in September.

My worry is the US now reimplementing dropped guidance. I heard WDW have brought back the social distancing / hand washing signage
lemmiwinkles is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jul 21, 08:57 AM  
Link to this Post
PoohBears#1fan
Imagineer

Originally Posted by lemmiwinkles View Post
I’m still positive. I think things will open in September.

My worry is the US now reimplementing dropped guidance. I heard WDW have brought back the social distancing / hand washing signage
At this stage, I'd wear a hazmat suit for our entire 2 weeks in exchange for a Florida holiday

Wild Africa Trek photo report

PoohBears#1fan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jul 21, 09:20 AM  
Link to this Post
toots82
VIP Dibber

I'm still here, 11th Oct although could do with knowing sooner as we have DVC booking so really 10th Sept is our cut off. I'm hoping something will be said this week to give us an indication of how things are looking. I just want to know now really, one way or the other.
toots82 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jul 21, 09:23 AM  
Link to this Post
PoohBears#1fan
Imagineer

Originally Posted by toots82 View Post
I'm still here, 11th Oct although could do with knowing sooner as we have DVC booking so really 10th Sept is our cut off. I'm hoping something will be said this week to give us an indication of how things are looking. I just want to know now really, one way or the other.
We're in the same position. I'm not particularly worried about anything other than re organising our booking / points.

If the borders don't open in time, then we'll go somewhere else instead - current back up plans are Canada or Caribbean - but I really want to get my 2021 points banked and 2020's rented.

PoohBears#1fan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jul 21, 09:28 AM  
Link to this Post
toots82
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by PoohBears#1fan View Post
We're in the same position. I'm not particularly worried about anything other than re organising our booking / points.

If the borders don't open in time, then we'll go somewhere else instead - current back up plans are Canada or Caribbean - but I really want to get my 2021 points banked and 2020's rented.
Hi, its a tricky one isn't it. We would ideally move our booking to April but from what mum was told by MS (its her DVC) she would stand to lose around 90 points from 2020. Her use year is December so if we can't go in Oct there's no chance we can go any other time this year. I guess it'll be a wait and see for a while longer!
toots82 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jul 21, 09:32 AM  
Link to this Post
PoohBears#1fan
Imagineer

Originally Posted by toots82 View Post
Hi, its a tricky one isn't it. We would ideally move our booking to April but from what mum was told by MS (its her DVC) she would stand to lose around 90 points from 2020. Her use year is December so if we can't go in Oct there's no chance we can go any other time this year. I guess it'll be a wait and see for a while longer!
It's really frustrating. We have 2020 and 2021 points tied up in our bookings, my hope is to shorten the booking using only the 2020 points, and rent it out, then I can bank the 21 points into 22.

I'm not going down the route of them allowing double banking, it seems so confusing and inconsistent so would rather just rent the reservation to cover the costs and be done with it.

As we had 2 years worth of points we've splashed out on 4 nights in a cabin and I'm SO looking forward to it, so still got everything firmly crossed.

Fingers crossed we all get some idea very soon either way.

Old 19 Jul 21, 10:25 AM  
Link to this Post
toots82
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by PoohBears#1fan View Post
It's really frustrating. We have 2020 and 2021 points tied up in our bookings, my hope is to shorten the booking using only the 2020 points, and rent it out, then I can bank the 21 points into 22.

I'm not going down the route of them allowing double banking, it seems so confusing and inconsistent so would rather just rent the reservation to cover the costs and be done with it.

As we had 2 years worth of points we've splashed out on 4 nights in a cabin and I'm SO looking forward to it, so still got everything firmly crossed.

Fingers crossed we all get some idea very soon either way.
I find the whole thing totally confusing too, our trip no longer looks anything like it originally did and if truth be told, moving it would probably make it easier for us BUT I wanna go and the thought of the hassle with the points is bothering me esp as I can't sort it with them being mums points. We have 5 nights SSR 2 bed to start and 3 nights OKW 2 bed at the end so not too sure what I'd do with that to get it rented for her. Hopefully won't have to. Fingers crossed!
Old 19 Jul 21, 10:28 AM  
Link to this Post
jampxx
Excited about Disney

Only just hanging in! Like others risk management is stating to kick in, mostly in terms of how much fun is it really going to be and should we save the money to make the next trip even better! Wishing everyone on the Dibb good thoughts whatever their decision.
jampxx is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jul 21, 10:31 AM  
Link to this Post
PoohBears#1fan
Imagineer

Originally Posted by jampxx View Post
Only just hanging in! Like others risk management is stating to kick in, mostly in terms of how much fun is it really going to be and should we save the money to make the next trip even better! Wishing everyone on the Dibb good thoughts whatever their decision.
It's a tricky call isn't it. For us we go regularly and it's just the 2 of us so we'll just be happy being there soaking up the atmosphere, we're not worried about everything being back in place.

If it was a rare trip for us or we were taking young children then I'd possibly have very different priorities.

Old 19 Jul 21, 11:26 AM  
Link to this Post
irnjaw
Very Serious Dibber

I'm just about still hanging on too. It's possible that October could happen but the risk of the kids catching COVID at school is concerning me. Like someone else has already stated, my kids are in school right up to the day before we fly. If we don't go in October then we'd be adding 365 days to the count down which is a bit disappointing.
I'm not worried at all about being over there. Being free for three weeks will be amazing, but some restrictions are starting to creep back in, so what will it be like in a couple of months?
Every day I feel differently about it.

First trip to Florida: June 2013
First family trip: Disney Oct 2019
Latest family trip to Florida: Treasure Island, Universal October 2022
irnjaw is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List