Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 30 Nov 21, 12:38 PM  
Link to this Post
gunboat
Proud to wear my Ears

This could happen!

Hi all, thoughts please especially if your in the know…. I have just come off the phone to our holiday insures….We fly on jan 10th🤞. 6 in our family. Scenario - We are all having a great time in Florida then out of know where the states go into travel zone red. We all have to come ( holiday is ruined) home straight away but have to quarantine for 10 days in a London hotel at 2-3 thousand per person that is not covered by any holiday insurance. This would be a bad scenario but could happen I’m thinking. Unless it does not work like that? Please educate me but I’m not so sure I’m so keen any more. Also if 1 of my kids got covid out there, as he is 18 and not classed as a child, he would have insurance for quarantine expenses, i.e, hospital/ hotel/ flight home but if my wife or I stay with him as we would, we are not covered for any expenses including flight home……Makes you wonder if it’s worth all the potential stress/ worry! Thanks.

Edited at 12:58 PM.
gunboat is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Nov 21, 12:40 PM  
Link to this Post
aprilshack
Imagineer

Originally Posted by gunboat View Post
Hi all, thoughts please especially if your in the know…. We fly on jan 10th🤞. 6 in our family. Scenario - We are all having a great time in Florida then out of know where the states go into travel zone red. We all have to come ( holiday is ruined) home straight away but have to quarantine for 10 days in a London hotel at 2-3 thousand per person that is not covered by any holiday insurance. This would be a bad scenario but could happen I’m thinking. Unless it does not work like that? Please educate me but I’m not so sure I’m so keen any more. Also if 1 of my kids got covid out there, as he is 18 and not classed as a child, he would have insurance for hospital/ hotel/ flight home but if my wife or I stay with him as we would, we are not covered for any expenses including flight home……Makes you wonder if it’s worth all the potential stress/ worry! Thanks.
Have you tried staysure insurance?
aprilshack is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Nov 21, 01:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
OP. If it helps you my Son some years ago had to have his appendix out whilst in Florida.

He was over 18 and his Insurance paid for me to stay with him as that is the norm. My Wife flew home on her own but his Insurer picked up all my costs for new flight, car hire, room, food, extended car parking at Gatwick and all my phone calls.

All it cost for both of us was the £50 each excess.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Nov 21, 01:33 PM  
Link to this Post
gunboat
Proud to wear my Ears

Thanks, my insurance has said today you could put it to the claims team but the fact he is 18 it would be unlikely any parent staying with their child would have any grounds to claim!

Edited at 04:57 PM.
gunboat is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Nov 21, 01:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Kingbhoy
Trying for More Ears

I may be wrong here but I don't think you can be "forced" to come back home by the UK government.

If the worst does happen could you not travel onto another non-red list country for 10+ days before flying back to the UK?

May be cheaper and more enjoyable than a hotel quarantine.
Kingbhoy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Nov 21, 01:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Claudette
VIP Dibber

What insurance is going to cover will depend upon your particular policy. But even if USA did go red (which would surprise me), you won’t be forced to come home immediately.
Claudette is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Nov 21, 02:07 PM  
Link to this Post
glenandem
Apprentice Imagineer

We go 13th jan and all these things running through my mind as we get closer however I keep saying we knew what to expect when we booked or kept rebooking but we don’t care anymore, covid is going nowhere and its been 2 years nearly window we’ve had any sort of holiday so we’re just going and if they did put usa etc on the red list I’d certainly just stay over there for the rest of our vacation first then worry about getting back secondly!
We’ve just booked travel insurance with stay sure, the wife read through 50 pages of t&c etc and more than happy with what we’ve booked with them.
glenandem is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Nov 21, 02:33 PM  
Link to this Post
mummyofboys
Surfing at Typhoon Lagoon

Originally Posted by aprilshack View Post
Have you tried staysure insurance?
Staysure does not cover you for return uk hotel quarantine if the country goes red whilst there. I too was worried about this and spoke to them yesterday who confirmed they dont cover this.
mummyofboys is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Nov 21, 06:22 PM  
Link to this Post
LOUISEACAT
Proud to wear my Ears

Does anyone cover this?
LOUISEACAT is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Nov 21, 06:47 PM  
Link to this Post
tink111
Apprentice Imagineer

tink111's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by mummyofboys View Post
Staysure does not cover you for return uk hotel quarantine if the country goes red whilst there. I too was worried about this and spoke to them yesterday who confirmed they dont cover this.
Yeah after reading this thread I’ve jumped on their live chat. They don’t cover hotel quarantine or extra flights to return early !

Edit - I’ve also just had confirmed that if you choose not to return home once restrictions are in place then the policy is invalid. Even things unrelated to COVID 19 which just seems cheeky

Edited at 06:54 PM.
tink111 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List