Old 30 Jul 18, 06:30 PM  
Link to this Post
yellowrose78
VIP Dibber

yellowrose78's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Thunder Feel The Thunder - June/July 2018 - Day 14 Kitchen Sink, Epcot, Millers

Saturday 7th July 2018

Today was planned to be Volcano Bay, but since we had done everything in Universal and moved it forward a day, we had been left with a free day, although we had Epcot fastpasses just in case. I had been trying for a few weeks to get a reservation at Beaches and Cream with no luck, but checked every day. I got lucky and managed to get one for today whilst we were at the Hard Rock.

We had a lazy morning at the pool, and I made cheese and ham sandwiches for an early lunch at around 11am. We had been trying to do the Kitchen Sink for a couple of years now, but every time we've been in the past, we have had a meal and didn't want to attempt it, so a light lunch was the plan.

We got organised and drove to the Beach Club, we were early for our reservation but thought we would chance it anyway. As expected, they couldn't take us, so we had a walk around the Boardwalk to pass the time.

When we went back round we sat down outside the restaurant until our table was ready.

We were seated next to the juke box, the same table we always seem to be seated at. The service wasn't great today. It took ages for the server to come over, and even longer for our drinks to arrive. I think it was about half an hour after we got our drinks that they brought out the Kitchen Sink. The family at the next table was getting it too, and everyone in the restaurant was cheering

Jamie has a peanut intollerance, so she put the peanut butter in a bowl for the rest of us.

Well it was amazing, we loved it. I am so glad we finally got to do this.

We practically rolled out of the restaurant, and went for a seat on a bench outside, only to realise it was soaking wet We hadn't thought about people sitting there when they came out the pool, we all looked like we'd wet ourselves - nice!

We walked round to Epcot now, and watched the band in the UK pavillion for a wee while. Then we headed down to Soarin.

I always love Soarin, but don't think it's the same after being on Flight of Passage, anyone else feel like this or is it just me?

We went in to see Mickey and pals next.

And another selfie

Epcot is our least favourite park and we could see a storm coming, see we decided our short visit to Epcot was over and we walked back to the Beach Club to the car.

We headed to Walmart at Old Wilson Road to see if we could get a suitcase, since one of ours got binned in New York. I think we were in there for a couple of hours.

We got our suitcase, and about 50 boxes of Swedish Fish amongst other things and came back out to torrential rain.

We were going to Millers Ale House for dinner so drove there next. We had a great meal in here, no photos, Jamie and I both had the fajitas, they were brilliant.

While we were in here in recognised Helen (Scottishnellie) and her family walking by the table. I told the others who she was and I think the kids thought she was famous

I acted like a complete stalker and spoke to her, she was lovely and we spoke for ages. I am so glad I did, I felt like I knew her as I'd been reading her trip report every day. It was due to this conversation, I decided to write this report, so after this I tried to take photos of meals etc

Helen took a picture for her report and I said wait to we get back to the villa and tell Mum this as Mum reads her reports too. Jamie thought it would be funny if we didn't say anything to Mum and she read the report as usual and seen our photo in it. So this is what we did, Mum's reaction was so funny when she read the report a couple of days later. It was great to meet you Helen

We left the restaurant after a great night, and got soaked going back to the car. We emptied all our Walmart goodies from the car, and the kids had to get the Swedish Fish opened.

Movieland Hotel IDrive - 2002 / POR - 2012 / 3 Weeks at OKW - 2014 / Villa at Highlands Reserve - 2016 / New York and Orlando - 2018 / Caribbean Cruise MSC Seaside - June 2019 / Orlando Covid cancelled 2020 and 2021 / Planning for Orlando 2024
yellowrose78 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jul 18, 07:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Heli
Getting Excited

Really enjoying your reports
Heli is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jul 18, 08:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Cinderella
Imagineer

Love the kitchen sink!
Cinderella is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jul 18, 09:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Rafiki22
Dancing with Tink'

A whole can of cream! Wow just drooling now as I've used all my slimming world syns today 😩
Are your DD's shorts from Primarni? So cute
Rafiki22 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Jul 18, 07:08 AM  
Link to this Post
yellowrose78
VIP Dibber

yellowrose78's Reviews
Originally Posted by Heli View Post
Really enjoying your reports
Thank you, means a lot, glad you're enjoyint them

Originally Posted by Cinderella View Post
Love the kitchen sink!
It was sooooo good

Originally Posted by Rafiki22 View Post
A whole can of cream! Wow just drooling now as I've used all my slimming world syns today 😩
Are your DD's shorts from Primarni? So cute
Haha I'm back on slimming world, have to try and repair the damage Good at the time though! Yes they sure are, plenty disney bargains in there

Movieland Hotel IDrive - 2002 / POR - 2012 / 3 Weeks at OKW - 2014 / Villa at Highlands Reserve - 2016 / New York and Orlando - 2018 / Caribbean Cruise MSC Seaside - June 2019 / Orlando Covid cancelled 2020 and 2021 / Planning for Orlando 2024
yellowrose78 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Jul 18, 10:09 AM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
Mobile

We have Beaches and Cream booked as our last day dinner so I'm really hoping by then we can manage the kitchen sink. It looks like you were all having a fab time!

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Jul 18, 10:37 AM  
Link to this Post
yellowrose78
VIP Dibber

yellowrose78's Reviews
Originally Posted by Goldia View Post
We have Beaches and Cream booked as our last day dinner so I'm really hoping by then we can manage the kitchen sink. It looks like you were all having a fab time!
I love the burgers in Beaches & Cream. I hope you manage the kitchen sink, it's great. If not the peanut butter sundae is awesome too

Old 2 Aug 18, 10:36 AM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Glad you managed to finish the Kitchen Sink

Joan
Old 2 Aug 18, 08:13 PM  
Link to this Post
yellowrose78
VIP Dibber

yellowrose78's Reviews
Originally Posted by mick View Post
Glad you managed to finish the Kitchen Sink

Joan
We were determined we were going to do it Joan, thanks for reading

Old 3 Aug 18, 02:12 PM  
Link to this Post
collybird
Imagineer

Well done on beating the kitchen sink! That's the cleanest bowl I've ever seen.
collybird is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List