Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 4 Sep 20, 08:47 PM  
Link to this Post
jenna288
Apprentice Imagineer

How last minute could we book a villa?

We always book our holidays well in advance and unfortunately as our Easter 2020 trip was cancelled we've had to move it (to Easter 2021). We rearranged the flights, car hire, disney hotel for 2 nights and tickets. We did however get a full refund on the villa so haven't booked anything for 2021 yet. My question is how last minute can I be with this? I really dont feel comfortable booking anything - i think we were lucky to get a full refund on the last one! I realise we might have to be more flexible in regards to which holiday complex we stay on (if we do get to go at easter!) but equally want to stay somewhere nice x
WDW and Universal August 2022
NY and WDW March 2024
jenna288 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Sep 20, 09:49 PM  
Link to this Post
DM275011
Getting Excited

Originally Posted by jenna288 View Post
We always book our holidays well in advance and unfortunately as our Easter 2020 trip was cancelled we've had to move it (to Easter 2021). We rearranged the flights, car hire, disney hotel for 2 nights and tickets. We did however get a full refund on the villa so haven't booked anything for 2021 yet. My question is how last minute can I be with this? I really dont feel comfortable booking anything - i think we were lucky to get a full refund on the last one! I realise we might have to be more flexible in regards to which holiday complex we stay on (if we do get to go at easter!) but equally want to stay somewhere nice x
To be honest, getting a villa last minute is going to be hit and miss with everything going on. I completely get where you are coming from with not wanting to book to far in advance but you may be safer having a back up plan of a hotel that you would like to stay at if you can't get a villa as they should be available at short notice.
DM275011 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Sep 20, 10:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

We like most Dibb villa owners I’m sure have several bookings for 2021 particularly easter School holidays some booked before Covid some bookings we’ve moved for guests
Flexibility will be the key here if restrictions ease as there may be a rush to book everything
I’d have in my mind what you won’t comprmise on and go from there and like all fellow dibbers we are hanging back on booking flights although I’ve booked car hire on a pay later or free cancellation basis and got some good deals
Many many owners are being very very flexible about changing dates when final deposit is due etc but even although we are currently not expecting guests till Christmas I know our MC if we wished could book out our villa with no problem
American guests seem just to be carrying on regardless for whatever reason
Gryff is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Sep 20, 04:45 AM  
Link to this Post
bronny
VIP Dibber

Mobile

For Easter I would book something. Lots of Airbnb villas are fully refundable.
POFQ December 2016
POFQ and Eagle Pointe - Sep 2018
Briar Grove villa, Hard Rock, wilderness lodge and Miami twice Christmas 2019

bronny is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Sep 20, 04:53 AM  
Link to this Post
lizzie145
Imagineer

Depends how fussy you are on size and location and the time of year.

It will also depend on the current situation but if travel is allowed from January ( for example) people may start to book but if travel is still banned then people wont book
Old 5 Sep 20, 07:22 AM  
Link to this Post
Bootrip2
VIP Dibber

Whynot draw up a list of villas you would like in order of preference and check them every few weeks to see whats still available, if you find your villa list decreasing quickly you will know you need to book as soon as ...
Old 5 Sep 20, 07:40 AM  
Link to this Post
jenna288
Apprentice Imagineer

Thanks everyone for the great advice / suggestions. I think i've pushed it to the back of my mind as we just didn't want to countdown and get excited again when it potentially wont happen (we were all packed and ready to go for our trip last Easter so it was a big shock when it was cancelled) but I know I can't just leave it completely. We are only looking for 2a and 2 c but I think I probably should start looking into things. That's good to know that some are offering a refund.
WDW and Universal August 2022
NY and WDW March 2024
jenna288 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Sep 20, 01:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Sew109
Imagineer

Originally Posted by lizzie145 View Post
Depends how fussy you are on size and location and the time of year.

It will also depend on the current situation but if travel is allowed from January ( for example) people may start to book but if travel is still banned then people wont book
Americans who make up most of the market can travel now !
Sew109 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List