Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 19 Jan 21, 09:19 PM  
Link to this Post
MissPiggy2012
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by act1980 View Post
Sounds lovely! Where is your home resort? We love the Poly, never stayed at BC or SSR but they're on our list.

Are you having Christmas lunch in MK or will you go somewhere else?

Where did you buy your park tickets? I'm not sure when to get them as I don't think they're refundable and as we're dong a DVC stay and not a package I think that leaves us more vulnerable?
We own at all 3 resorts 🤪 love them all for different reasons. We think we will go elsewhere for Xmas lunch, possibly one of the resorts.

We still have our annual pass and as we also have a booking for June when our pass was due to expire, they let us renew early.

Not feeling very confident for our June booking though 😳
Old 20 Jan 21, 11:16 PM  
Link to this Post
act1980
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by MissPiggy2012 View Post
We own at all 3 resorts 🤪 love them all for different reasons. We think we will go elsewhere for Xmas lunch, possibly one of the resorts.

We still have our annual pass and as we also have a booking for June when our pass was due to expire, they let us renew early.

Not feeling very confident for our June booking though 😳
Ah amazing! 🤗 Have you stayed at SSR since the refurb? The rooms look so much better now!

What do you think you’ll do about your June booking?
Old 21 Jan 21, 08:23 PM  
Link to this Post
MissPiggy2012
VIP Dibber

Ah amazing! 🤗 Have you stayed at SSR since the refurb? The rooms look so much better now!

What do you think you’ll do about your June booking?
No we haven’t stayed in a refurbed room so can’t wait to see them 😊

We have decided to wait until March to make a decision on our June holiday. We can move our flights with Virgin so would move to either September 2021 or May 2022.
Old 22 Jan 21, 10:14 PM  
Link to this Post
act1980
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by MissPiggy2012 View Post
No we haven’t stayed in a refurbed room so can’t wait to see them 😊

We have decided to wait until March to make a decision on our June holiday. We can move our flights with Virgin so would move to either September 2021 or May 2022.
I don't know about you but I go up and down every day about my trips 🙄

Fingers crossed we don't have to cancel 🤞🏼 I'll probably wait until around March-April to figure out if August is going to work. I hate the not knowing.
Old 23 Jan 21, 12:02 AM  
Link to this Post
Sandraoh40
VIP Dibber

I wonder if the credit card company would refund us if needed?
I have looked at bit more into my tickets question.
Attraction tickets have a flex plus insurance you can take out £18 pp. we can get the tickets, register them on MDE and pick our park days, and if we don’t go they will refund them once the tickets are returned. I don’t think I can ask for fairer than that. Think I’m going to put a deposit down tomorrow.
Sandraoh40 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jan 21, 12:03 PM  
Link to this Post
andyh
Trainee Dibber

Nice thread! Last night we took the decision to go for "third time lucky" and reserved some DVC accommodation in our home resorts (Bay lake and Beach Club).

Just place holders as we may switch to Saratoga Springs, not sure! 11th December to 28th December. Need to contact Virgin to get our open ticket rebooked.

Couple of things if anybody knows, or interested in what you are doing:

1) Virgin do I have to wait for the usual 11 months before trying to rebook the open ticket
2) as we are staying for 18 nights what are people doing with tickets now the 21 day pass seems to have gone!

Cheers,

Andy.
andyh is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jan 21, 05:55 PM  
Link to this Post
pdw8
Trying for More Ears

we have just rebooked from April to 29/12 to 12/01 with BA flydrive and a private villa. Now to decide where to go for NYE!
pdw8 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jan 21, 06:21 PM  
Link to this Post
captain-codeye
Imagineer

captain-codeye's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by pdw8 View Post
we have just rebooked from April to 29/12 to 12/01 with BA flydrive and a private villa. Now to decide where to go for NYE!
We have always found sea word great on nye, it’s quiet with a good party atmosphere.

Lego land also have a early kids nye we went to one year that was ok.
captain-codeye is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jan 21, 01:21 PM  
Link to this Post
act1980
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by andyh View Post
Nice thread! Last night we took the decision to go for "third time lucky" and reserved some DVC accommodation in our home resorts (Bay lake and Beach Club).

Just place holders as we may switch to Saratoga Springs, not sure! 11th December to 28th December. Need to contact Virgin to get our open ticket rebooked.

Couple of things if anybody knows, or interested in what you are doing:

1) Virgin do I have to wait for the usual 11 months before trying to rebook the open ticket
2) as we are staying for 18 nights what are people doing with tickets now the 21 day pass seems to have gone!

Cheers,

Andy.
Sounds lovely!

Not sure about park tickets, my issue is not knowing when to buy them. If park reservations are still in place then booking Christmas day soon is going to be a good idea I think! I just don't know if buying tickets now is still taking a bit of a gamble as I don't think Disney refund them if we can't go 😕
Old 25 Jan 21, 02:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Buggles94
VIP Dibber

Buggles94's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 5
Joining this thread as have just booked flights for 27th! Managed to book 4 nights in the Beach Club Hotel (Disney only booking up till 31st) and hopefully will get the rest of the nights booked in DVC home resort when released next week Have booked EPCOT for NYE so fingers crossed that's where we will be!
Buggles94 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List