Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 19 Jul 21, 11:29 AM  
Link to this Post
ScoopsAhoy
Imagineer

I’m not really too worried if face masks and distancing will be back as I think that might be a good thing, although yesterday at silverstone was just so lovely and it felt like normal.
Everyone was in great spirits and I felt totally safe.
Trying not to think too far ahead about holiday at this point!
ScoopsAhoy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jul 21, 11:54 AM  
Link to this Post
ziggyzag
Imagineer

I'm positive October will happen, we fly on a Thursday, my daughter will be taking , Mon, Tues, Wednesday off before lol depending on cases in the area
ziggyzag is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jul 21, 01:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Wolf1984
Imagineer

Originally Posted by irnjaw View Post
I'm just about still hanging on too. It's possible that October could happen but the risk of the kids catching COVID at school is concerning me. Like someone else has already stated, my kids are in school right up to the day before we fly. If we don't go in October then we'd be adding 365 days to the count down which is a bit disappointing.
I'm not worried at all about being over there. Being free for three weeks will be amazing, but some restrictions are starting to creep back in, so what will it be like in a couple of months?
Every day I feel differently about it.
We're in the very same boat. Kids, school, concerned about things ramping up again in the US. I don't know if I can bear the thought of + 365 days on the countdown...again!
Wolf1984 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jul 21, 01:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Loobylou_82
Imagineer

Originally Posted by PoohBears#1fan View Post
Lots rescheduling, happy planning for your future trips

Who's still hanging in there with me?
Me, ever the optimist. Till someone says it's a no.
Loobylou_82 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jul 21, 02:25 PM  
Link to this Post
irnjaw
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Wolf1984 View Post
We're in the very same boat. Kids, school, concerned about things ramping up again in the US. I don't know if I can bear the thought of + 365 days on the countdown...again!
We booked the villa back in December 19 soon after we came back the last time, so, to date, we've not had to cancel or move dates. I can't believe we'll get on our holiday without any upset at all. Especially considering the heartache so many have endured.

First trip to Florida: June 2013
First family trip: Disney Oct 2019
Latest family trip to Florida: Treasure Island, Universal October 2022
irnjaw is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jul 21, 02:53 PM  
Link to this Post
G82
Trying for More Ears

Travelling 25th October for 14 nights. Obviously hoping it goes ahead but feeling positive about the likelihood as well! Got fingers crossed for everyone that their plans go ahead, we have missed it so much.
G82 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jul 21, 10:18 PM  
Link to this Post
adz_jh
Proud to wear my Ears

October 4th and still confidant, flights with air ligues can be changed and my hotel can be cancelled upto 24hrs in advance. So I'm holding tight until someone tells me I definitely can't go
adz_jh is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jul 21, 11:27 AM  
Link to this Post
the willys
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by ScoopsAhoy View Post
I’m not really too worried if face masks and distancing will be back as I think that might be a good thing, although yesterday at silverstone was just so lovely and it felt like normal.
Everyone was in great spirits and I felt totally safe.
Trying not to think too far ahead about holiday at this point!
We did Silverstone too and all said the same. best weekend in such a long time. felt like normality and i embraced it. Lifted my mood no end and great race!
Old 20 Jul 21, 11:28 AM  
Link to this Post
ScoopsAhoy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by the willys View Post
We did Silverstone too and all said the same. best weekend in such a long time. felt like normality and i embraced it. Lifted my mood no end and great race!
Definitely!
Wish every weekend could feel like that.
ScoopsAhoy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jul 21, 06:29 PM  
Link to this Post
minniecassie
Surfing at Typhoon Lagoon

Just had email from Ba changing our flight from South to North terminal on the 10th October. That's positive isn't it ?
minniecassie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List