Notices

Old 5 Aug 22, 08:46 PM  
Link to this Post
MinnieMrsA
Imagineer

America – you great unfinished symphony! A triumphant return to WDW – August 2022

America – you great unfinished symphony! Walt Disney World – August 2022

Welcome to the pre-trip report for our August 2022 trip – and after having been away from the magic since December 2019 (having lost countless trips since then but the less said of the C word, the better!)- it does feel like a triumphant return (if a tad surreal). I've certainly become a Hamil-fan in the past couple of years (of the musical rather than racing kind!) - hence the name of the title, which I felt apt after so many lost trips. I have no doubt though that this one will be epic!

The cast
I’m Lou/Mrs A (29*) and my DH is Dave/Mr A – (39) – reading over my last trip report makes it feel like we have really aged!
*My 30th birthday trip was one of many that we lost so I have decided that I’m not 30 until we get back to WDW. Unfortunately, next week my age will suddenly be 32!

We have a fair few extra cast member on this trip, which is incredibly exciting.

Readers of my previous trip report/followers on social media will know that we are lucky enough to have some local Disney friends, and we meet for coffee at lunchtime on a regular basis – a gathering we fondly refer to as ‘The Disney Lunch Club’. Sean and Tammy are our wonderful friends who are part of this, and after a brilliant trip in December 2019, we couldn’t wait to return to the magic together.

Of course, the cast wouldn’t be complete without Fudge – (14) – our beautiful Sprollie. He has probably aged the most of all, and sadly has doggy dementia. He is still living his best life with us though, and will have a fabulous holiday himself with an amazing local dogsitter.

Some of you may remember we were delighted to become an Aunt and Uncle in 2019, to our mischievous but very cute niece, Ella. She has really grown up so quickly (3 already!) and is a bright little button – who loves all things Disney of course. If it has Mickey or Minnie on it, she knows Aunty Louie and Uncle Dave got it for her!

The Plans
So for the first time, we are flying with Aer Lingus and flying indirect. On Thursday 11th August we are flying BHX – DUB – MCO, then the same in return, departing on Saturday 27th August and getting back home on Sunday 28th August. Aer Lingus was much better priced than Virgin Atlantic – and we even bagged a bargain upgrade to Business class on the way out for just £66 each! We’ve never flown above Premium Economy before so we are excited to try this – even if it is back to Economy on the way home (with an extra bag already booked for all the shopping of course).

Our first two nights are room only at All Star Music, then we have a 14 night room/ticket/dining credit package at All Star Movies. We are looking forward to staying in the refurbed rooms, and think they look like a big improvement on what was there previously. Then it is park days and shop til you drop!

This brings me nicely onto more of the cast. Back on our August 2017 trip, we went on an Illuminations cruise with some fellow Dibbers, who we have remained in touch with ever since. Morgan is one of this lovely family, and in addition to coming to study at the local university (meaning we get regular Costa catch ups!), also scored a 10 week summer job at Walt Disney World as part of the Cultural Exchange/Representative Program. And guess what?! Her home resort is All Star Movies! Hopefully we will be seeing her lots over the course of the trip. Her contract finishes just before we come home, so her dad Steve is coming out to do some travelling with her before they return to the UK, so he will be around for a couple of days at the end of the trip too.

There are a couple of other very good friends of mine and their families out there at the same time too, so I am sure we will get to meet up with them too. Doesn’t always seem strange seeing someone who lives minutes away on the other side of the world?!

I think that nicely summarises our current places, but as ever, if you see us out there then please stop us and say hi! We love to meet fellow dibbers and Disney friends.

See you real soon!
MinnieMrsA is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Aug 22, 11:13 PM  
Link to this Post
jothp
Apprentice Imagineer

It's lovely to hear that you've managed to get another trip planned after the last couple of years. It sounds like you're going to have a great time with so many friends to share it with.
jothp is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Aug 22, 06:12 AM  
Link to this Post
MinnieMrsA
Imagineer

Thank you! Just can't wait to get there now!
MinnieMrsA is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Aug 22, 12:56 AM  
Link to this Post
Excitedx4
Imagineer

Excitedx4's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Oh exciting! We’re over there again too, we fly Monday 15th 😊
Excitedx4 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Aug 22, 06:13 AM  
Link to this Post
MinnieMrsA
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Excitedx4 View Post
Oh exciting! We’re over there again too, we fly Monday 15th 😊
Oooh yay! Sort of doesn't feel real after so long away does it?! Bet you are all so excited!