Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 26 Nov 21, 04:20 AM  
Link to this Post
Yorkie2021
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

Originally Posted by pchivvy View Post
I have been reading on facebook that it looks like the stacking option ‘loophole’ has been closed and you can now only have one LL at a time. Some are reporting that when they tap into a LL for the attraction, its not allowing you to book another until another 2 hours have passed if you already have a later LL booked. Appears that Disney is tweaking their new system… presumably to stop so many LL’s becoming unavailable so soon in the day now that they are getting into the holiday season.
Stacking is definitely still working.

I purchased Genie+ today for MK. The plan was to stack multiple rides for the afternoon/evening as I had a LTT dinner reservation at 7.10pm.

Woke up at 7am and as soon as the window opened got a Jungle Cruise for 2:50pm. At 11am I booked a BTM for 6:20pm. At 1pm I booked a Buzz Lightyear for 3:45pm.

I then entered the park at 2pm. At 2:45pm I tapped into Jungle Cruise but was unable to book another LL until 3pm.

At 3pm I booked a Haunted Mansion for 8:30pm.

At 3:45 I tapped into Buzz but again was unable to book another until 5pm.

So stacking is working but tapping into your LL rides does not reset the counter anymore.

And to confirm this was all on Thanksgiving Day.

Edited at 04:24 AM.
Yorkie2021 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Nov 21, 08:05 AM  
Link to this Post
Tinkerbell
Imagineer

Tinkerbell's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Yorkie2021 View Post

I purchased Genie+ today for MK. The plan was to stack multiple rides for the afternoon/evening as I had a LTT dinner reservation at 7.10pm.

Woke up at 7am and as soon as the window opened got a Jungle Cruise for 2:50pm. At 11am I booked a BTM for 6:20pm. At 1pm I booked a Buzz Lightyear for 3:45pm.

I then entered the park at 2pm. At 2:45pm I tapped into Jungle Cruise but was unable to book another LL until 3pm.

So stacking is working but tapping into your LL rides does not reset the counter anymore.

Good to hear from people actually using it
Tinkerbell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Nov 21, 08:14 AM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Unfortunately we do not go into the parks late or stay late. Even when doing that, this looks like a fairly poor ‘haul’ for a paid for service. Nothing like what Maxpass would have achieved at Disneyland for some reason. Not clear why. Only thing I can think of is many more are buying this than bought Maxpass, because with Maxpass you could still get manual tickets and all it really did was cut down time to go to the attraction and get them. I think that’s the key, with no such option left for the non paying punter, selling unlimited numbers of this just doesn’t seem to work well.
Old 26 Nov 21, 08:36 AM  
Link to this Post
gjdjud
GEORGE

gjdjud's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 26
Originally Posted by YorkshireT View Post
Unfortunately we do not go into the parks late or stay late. Even when doing that, this looks like a fairly poor ‘haul’ for a paid for service. Nothing like what Maxpass would have achieved at Disneyland for some reason. Not clear why. Only thing I can think of is many more are buying this than bought Maxpass, because with Maxpass you could still get manual tickets and all it really did was cut down time to go to the attraction and get them. I think that’s the key, with no such option left for the non paying punter, selling unlimited numbers of this just doesn’t seem to work well.
But isn’t this from Thanksgiving? It doesn’t seem like a fair day to compare it to MaxPass . I guess when it’s busy more people are likely to buy Genie+ as they arrive to avoid lines.
gjdjud is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Nov 21, 08:43 AM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Originally Posted by gjdjud View Post
But isn’t this from Thanksgiving? It doesn’t seem like a fair day to compare it to MaxPass . I guess when it’s busy more people are likely to buy Genie+ as they arrive to avoid lines.
It’s been tough to get reservations since it was launched, unless you were prepared to be in the park all day. Maxpass you literally could get what you wanted when you wanted, one after the other. We were told this was a version of that. I’ve been thinking why doesn’t it appear nearly as good. The answer I think is above.
Old 26 Nov 21, 09:33 AM  
Link to this Post
lizzie145
Imagineer

This part still works, what has been stopped is getting a further ride when you click into a LL. This was giving guests double bookings
Old 26 Nov 21, 09:53 AM  
Link to this Post
Hammerstone
Very Serious Dibber

I get yesterday was thanksgiving, but using a VPN i had a little look around 3/4pm Orlando time to see in H/S and MK what was available if i was there hypothetically and had Genie+. Pretty much next to nothing. I'm going to be in HS this sunday though so will report on the ground in true Victor Meldrew fashion
Hammerstone is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Nov 21, 06:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Hammerstone
Very Serious Dibber

Little update from my last..

So at this present time its 12pm in Orlando.

Of the "decent" rides, the only one offering any LL bookings:

Toy Story Mania - 2.55
Tower of Terror - 7:05pm

So one slot is 7 hours away, and both aren't even as busy when you compare it to SDD/Smugglers Run/RNR..

From my current conclusion is, frankly Genie+ in HS is a white elephant and probably not worth it. I've kept refreshing as suggested and there hasn't been much movement

Edited at 06:06 PM.
Hammerstone is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Nov 21, 06:07 PM  
Link to this Post
AliceCooper9
Apprentice Imagineer

I have read a complaint email sent to WDW by a seasoned WDW goer on another fan board.
Their main problems -

7 am wakeups. Having to wakeup all the family to decide which rides to choose because of lack of G+ and ILL availability.
Stressful and exhausting not what you want to do on holiday.
Lack of G+ availability after 10am
Lots of glitches - email codes and logging out and back in.
The G+ times change while in the process of booking from 9am to 5pm
ROTR/FOP ILL not available at 7am.
Difficulty with park hopping/dining reservations when reserving G+ selections.
Being on the phone all day.
They won't be back until things have changed.

Pretty much all my concerns.
AliceCooper9 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Nov 21, 06:09 PM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Hammerstone View Post
Little update from my last..

So at this present time its 12pm in Orlando.

Of the "decent" rides, the only one offering any LL bookings:

Toy Story Mania - 2.55
Tower of Terror - 7:05pm

So one slot is 7 hours away, and both aren't even as busy when you compare it to SDD/Smugglers Run/RNR..

From my current conclusion is, frankly Genie+ in HS is a white elephant and probably not worth it. I've kept refreshing as suggested and there hasn't been much movement
You're checking on one of the top 20 (if not top 10) busiest days of the year though. So statistically, it's probably going to be more useful 95% of the time.

Will take several months of data once it's been through a full crowd cycle to know what the true value is on an average day.

Edited at 06:19 PM.
loldis is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List