Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 28 Oct 21, 01:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Suey12
Proud to wear my Ears

Bidding for an upgrade with Virgin Atlantic

Has anyone made a bid for an upgrade on Virgin? I want to try and upgrade from Premium to Upper but do you know if I can cancel my bid if I manage to make an upgrade using air miles?
Suey12 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Oct 21, 02:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Grandee
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Suey12 View Post
Has anyone made a bid for an upgrade on Virgin? I want to try and upgrade from Premium to Upper but do you know if I can cancel my bid if I manage to make an upgrade using air miles?
ISTBC, but the upgrade bid is cancellable (is that even a word?) at any time up until you get confirmation that your bid was successful. Good luck for an upgrade however you achieve it.
Grandee is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Oct 21, 02:51 PM  
Link to this Post
THE WIZARD
VIP Dibber

You don't usually get told if your bid is successful until a few days before the flight by which time it would probably be not available to try to use FF points plus if your bid is not accepted then chances are someone else has been successful and there isn't any more availability for an upgrade anyway.
So just cancel your bid and try for a points upgrade asap, on the assumption you have actually bought upgradable tickets for PE in the first place.

Edited at 02:54 PM.
THE WIZARD is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Oct 21, 12:49 PM  
Link to this Post
floridacrazy
Dancing with Tink'

Sorry to hijack the post. I currently have live bids submitted for UC upgrades however I’ve just found terms and conditions that say taxes and fees are payable in addition to the successful bid. I don’t think that I’ve ever seen this mentioned elsewhere but if it is the case I’m probably going to withdraw.

See no.13 in attached link

flywith.virginatlantic/g...onditions.html

Any successful bidders able to clarify please?
floridacrazy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Oct 21, 12:54 PM  
Link to this Post
PoohBears#1fan
Imagineer

Originally Posted by floridacrazy View Post
Sorry to hijack the post. I currently have live bids submitted for UC upgrades however I’ve just found terms and conditions that say taxes and fees are payable in addition to the successful bid. I don’t think that I’ve ever seen this mentioned elsewhere but if it is the case I’m probably going to withdraw.

I got our bid accepted on our Barbados flights early this month (PE to UC) ,we were purely charged the amount I bid, not an extra penny on top.

Wild Africa Trek photo report

PoohBears#1fan is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Oct 21, 12:57 PM  
Link to this Post
floridacrazy
Dancing with Tink'

Originally Posted by PoohBears#1fan View Post
I got our bid accepted on our Barbados flights early this month (PE to UC) ,we were purely charged the amount I bid, not an extra penny on top.
Ok that’s reassuring, thanks
floridacrazy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Oct 21, 01:22 PM  
Link to this Post
lizzie145
Imagineer

Originally Posted by floridacrazy View Post

perhaps there wasnt any tax to add to the price
Old 31 Oct 21, 01:26 PM  
Link to this Post
juless77
Imagineer

I put a bid in and it did say the total price you would pay including tax etc ...i then went on to purchase U/C (cash not points ) for the return journey only and a day or so later I got an email saying that leg of the journeys bid was cancelled ...so its done automatically x
Hampton Inn Pointe Orlando Feb 2010
Hampton Inn Pointe Orlando Sept 2011/2013
juless77 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Oct 21, 02:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Mazbar
Imagineer

Mazbar's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 6
Is the tax the same for premium and upper, but it is lower for economy. So if you bid from economy to upper then you would have to pay tax.
Mazbar is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Oct 21, 02:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Markpc2013
Imagineer

Originally Posted by PoohBears#1fan View Post
Do you mind me asking what the lowest you can bid was? We’re PE and looking to Bid for UC but not sure what kind of price to expect! Thanks
US 192 - Feb 1994; I-Drive- Feb 07; Fairfield Inn - June 10; Oakpoint Circle V - June 11; Homewood Suites - July 12; Calabay Parc V- June 14; Esprit Estates V - June 15; CBR - April 16; Hyatt Place, Drury's & Bridgewater V - Sept 16; CBR & V US27 - Apr 17; Eagle Pointe V - Nov 17; Lindfields V - Apr 18; Pop C- Nov 19; Universal & Cruise - Feb 20; Rosen Inn & PB- Nov 21; H2S I-Drive - Apr 22; SSR & HI S535 - Sept 22.
Markpc2013 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List