Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 2 Dec 21, 05:01 PM  
Link to this Post
EssexSue
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by ChrisS View Post
Hi Sue, I too wondered about their pricing, but if they're selling seats at the prices they set they may continue in that vein.

Not long now Sue, not sure about Orlando weather, it's been great here, hopefully it remains good for you
I am not convinced we will get there Chris. Still just got back from lunch with a friend so life is good here at the moment, just as long as we are allowed to enjoy it.
EssexSue is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Dec 21, 07:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Kev Harrison
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Warkman58 View Post
Utter nonsense.
Virgin, BA, are not charities they are not government departments where costs don’t matter.
Because you think it’s overpriced doesn’t make it greed, it’s financial economics.
They have a workforce to pay, they have aircraft to service and pay for, they don’t have the taxpayers to pay their costs.
Yes, I understand financial economics, so basically financial economics means that so few airlines are flying out of Manchester to Orlando now that there are less seats to fill, which means prices can be raised.

Greed. Are their workforce paid more than BA then? is that why the seats are so more expensive? Do their aircraft's cost more to service?

I get PE and the hotel I was booking for only £100 more than Virgin?
Kev Harrison is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Dec 21, 07:44 PM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

What Virgin are attempting to do is to render all of those vouchers that they issued, effectively worthless. There are 10s of thousands of them and Virgin have no intention of letting people rebook at the price on the credit note. They would be bankrupt in no time.

If you are holding a £1000 voucher and they price at £1500 whilst BA are pricing at £800… you will still use your voucher and fly Virgin because once you redeem the voucher, you are only paying a further £500, whilst if you flew BA, it would cost you £800.
You are thus £300 better off than if you threw the voucher in the bin. Virgin have meantime wiped out the value of that voucher

Their morals are lower than a pythons testicles and if people think this is fair economics, then I would never seek to do business with them. This is why Virgin would issue a voucher immediately whilst making people wait 120 days plus for a refund. They had every intention of rendering them worthless at a later date. They are snakes and they broke the law relating to refunds within 7 days with impunity.

This is why I would never have taken a voucher when entitled to a refund. When I said it at the time pointing out also that those voucher holders were also giving Virgin an interest free, unsecured loan, DIBBER’s laughed at me. They aren’t laughing now!

2005 onwards.. lots of times!

Index of all my Trip and Pretrip reports..https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...6#post15662196

Edited at 07:58 PM.
cornishfrogboy is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Dec 21, 07:59 PM  
Link to this Post
yozza1977
Getting Excited

Originally Posted by cornishfrogboy View Post
What Virgin are attempting to do is to render all of those vouchers that they issued, effectively worthless.

If you are holding a £1000 voucher and they price at £1500 whilst BA are pricing at £800… you will still use your voucher and fly Virgin because once you redeem the voucher, you are only paying a further £500, whilst if you flew BA, it would cost you £800.
You are thus £300 better off than if you threw the voucher in the bin. Virgin have meantime wiped out the value of that voucher

Their morals are lower than a pythons testicles and if people think this is fair economics, then I would never seek to do business with them. This is why Virgin would issue a voucher immediately whilst making people wait 120 days plus for a refund. They had every intention of rendering them worthless at a later date. They are snakes.

This is why I would never have taken a voucher when entitled to a refund. When I said it at the time pointing out also that those voucher holders were also giving Virgin an interest free, unsecured loan, DIBBER’s laughed at me. They aren’t laughing now!
This makes absolutley no sense - BA have issued way more vouchers and were just as evasive with refunds. It's more likely BA have much deeper pockets and were able to access government loans etc, whilst Virgin didn't and are therefore in a much more perilous finacial position.
yozza1977 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Dec 21, 08:03 PM  
Link to this Post
pompeyboy
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Kev Harrison View Post
Yes, I understand financial economics, so basically financial economics means that so few airlines are flying out of Manchester to Orlando now that there are less seats to fill, which means prices can be raised.

Greed. Are their workforce paid more than BA then? is that why the seats are so more expensive? Do their aircraft's cost more to service?

I get PE and the hotel I was booking for only £100 more than Virgin?
I was following a thread on here about house buying and selling. Loads of Dibbers extremely pleased with themselves for getting multiple offers on their houses at "well above asking price" is that also "greed" or simply maximising their assets?
pompeyboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Dec 21, 08:07 PM  
Link to this Post
RachaelC
VIP Dibber

I suspect it’s because the cabin is busy so only higher fares are available. What was the fare code?

Anecdotally A LOT of VH customers rescheduled their bookings, so I wouldn’t be surprised if this is a big factor in it filling up quicker than the equivalent BA flight.
RachaelC is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Dec 21, 08:08 PM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by yozza1977 View Post
This makes absolutley no sense - BA have issued way more vouchers and were just as evasive with refunds. It's more likely BA have much deeper pockets and were able to access government loans etc, whilst Virgin didn't and are therefore in a much more perilous finacial position.
With respect, it makes perfect sense.

I was cancelled in March of 2020 and had my refund after 9 days (7 working) from BA. They offered a credit note and I declined. Evasive they were not.

I booked with American for August of 2020. I cancelled and expected a credit note. They informed me that I was entitled to a refund because they had changed one of the flights from a direct to an indirect. I got the money in 5 days (app).

I booked BA for Aug of 2021. I received a full refund within 7 days. Again, no evasion at all.

It would seem that there was no evasion whatever and I do not believe that pro rata for the size of BA versus Virgin that BA have issued anywhere near as many notes. BA/IAG were also known to have a large amount of cash reserves.. as a good business should.

2005 onwards.. lots of times!

Index of all my Trip and Pretrip reports..https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...6#post15662196

Edited at 08:16 PM.
cornishfrogboy is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Dec 21, 09:02 PM  
Link to this Post
EssexSue
VIP Dibber

With respect, it makes perfect sense.

I was cancelled in March of 2020 and had my refund after 9 days (7 working) from BA. They offered a credit note and I declined. Evasive they were not.

I booked with American for August of 2020. I cancelled and expected a credit note. They informed me that I was entitled to a refund because they had changed one of the flights from a direct to an indirect. I got the money in 5 days (app).

I booked BA for Aug of 2021. I received a full refund within 7 days. Again, no evasion at all.

It would seem that there was no evasion whatever and I do not believe that pro rata for the size of BA versus Virgin that BA have issued anywhere near as many notes. BA/IAG were also known to have a large amount of cash reserves.. as a good business should.
BA moved out flights several times so we kept our bargain price. We normally fly Virgin it was only luck we had decided to give BA a turn to get shot of some Avios points.
EssexSue is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Dec 21, 07:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Kev Harrison
Apprentice Imagineer

What Virgin are attempting to do is to render all of those vouchers that they issued, effectively worthless. There are 10s of thousands of them and Virgin have no intention of letting people rebook at the price on the credit note. They would be bankrupt in no time.

Their morals are lower than a pythons testicles and if people think this is fair economics, then I would never seek to do business with them. This is why Virgin would issue a voucher immediately whilst making people wait 120 days plus for a refund. They had every intention of rendering them worthless at a later date. They are snakes and they broke the law relating to refunds within 7 days with impunity.

Hence I am using my vouchers (not flight vouchers) to purchase park tickets
Kev Harrison is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List