Notices
General DVC Discussion For discussion on how the DVC works and resort information.

Old 19 Jan 21, 11:36 AM  
Link to this Post
Saratoska
VIP Dibber

Saratoska's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Loss of Use year points if we dont get

We have used 1080 points for our July trip , they were our Dec 2020 use year
if we cancel am I right in thinking we loose them all as they would not now be able to be banked

Saratoska is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jan 21, 11:41 AM  
Link to this Post
Dr.JumbaJookiba
VIP Dibber

If they were all new points received on 1st Dec 2020 then your banking deadline is 31st July.

If the temporary cancellation rules are scrapped though you would have to cancel at least 31 days in advance to avoid them going in holding.

Edited at 11:43 AM.
Dr.JumbaJookiba is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jan 21, 11:44 AM  
Link to this Post
Saratoska
VIP Dibber

Saratoska's Reviews
Originally Posted by Dr.JumbaJookiba View Post
If they were all new points received on 1st Dec 2020 then your banking deadline is 31st July.
thank you, yes they were all received 1st Dec 2020

are you allowed to bank them if you have already made a booking
my gut feeling was because we had made the booking they couldn't go back into our account then allowed to be banked but I am hoping I am wrong

Saratoska is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jan 21, 11:52 AM  
Link to this Post
Dr.JumbaJookiba
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Saratoska View Post
thank you, yes they were all received 1st Dec 2020

are you allowed to bank them if you have already made a booking
my gut feeling was because we had made the booking they couldn't go back into our account then allowed to be banked but I am hoping I am wrong
As long as you stick to the cancellation rules in force at the time the points just return to your use year as though they've never been touched. It's the within 30 day rule that's the issue (when it's in force) as this puts the points into holding and removes the banking option.

I cancelled my Xmas BLT trip made with Aug 2020 points and have now banked then into Aug 21 with absolutely no issue.
Dr.JumbaJookiba is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jan 21, 11:58 AM  
Link to this Post
Saratoska
VIP Dibber

Saratoska's Reviews
Originally Posted by Dr.JumbaJookiba View Post
As long as you stick to the cancellation rules in force at the time the points just return to your use year as though they've never been touched. It's the within 30 day rule that's the issue (when it's in force) as this puts the points into holding and removes the banking option.

I cancelled my Xmas BLT trip made with Aug 2020 points and have now banked then into Aug 21 with absolutely no issue.
Thank you, you have made my day as it is such a lot of points to loose

Old 19 Jan 21, 12:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Shooby doo
Imagineer

Shooby doo's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 12

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 1
As long as you cancel before the end of your Banking window, then you can Bank those points. If you have Borrowed any, then current rules are that they will return to their initial UY
SD
Raddison Inn LBV '92,Comfort Inn LBV '94,Residence by Marriott LBV '98,Comfort Inn Kids Suite LBV '99Springhill Suites LBV '01,Summerfield suites LBV '03 ,Holiday Inn Sunnspree LBV '04 ,Staybridge Suites LBV '06 ,Caribbean Beach WDW '08 DVC= WLV +SSR '12,SSR '14,SSR +US Royal Pacific '15 SSR '16 AKL/SSR '18 WL/SSR'19 SSR '22
DVC Owner Extraordinare-SSR
Shooby doo is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jan 21, 12:27 PM  
Link to this Post
antietam
Imagineer

I have 151 Dec 2020 points that i am using in Aug this year.
As i will know before end of July if we can go i have time to cancel and Bank them by 31 July.
I will however have to do this by 17 July to stop points going into holding.
So these points will be able to be used the following year.
How i stand if i want to try for October or Christmas. Would i have to not bank the points and risk losing them all if we cant go.

To me it looks like i had better bank all Dec 2020 points on 17 July if it becomes clear that we cant go and accept that it will have to wait until 2022 as i do not want to risk losing points on cancelled trips after banking date.

I think i have this right
Old 19 Jan 21, 12:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Dr.JumbaJookiba
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by antietam View Post
How i stand if i want to try for October or Christmas. Would i have to not bank the points and risk losing them all if we cant go.
October would be a risk as you're close to the use them or lose them deadline of 30th Nov.

If you bank the points then they would great for using for Xmas as it's after 1st Dec 2021
Old 20 Jan 21, 10:57 AM  
Link to this Post
PoohBears#1fan
Imagineer

I've booked a 1 bed at BCV and then a cabin at CCV for our 2nd week for October, that's with our remaining 2020 points from the August trip we cancelled.

I've already resigned myself to renting out the reservation if we can't get there then (hoping as it's the 50th & F&W it'll go). so maybe another option for you?

Wild Africa Trek photo report

PoohBears#1fan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jan 21, 10:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Saratoska
VIP Dibber

Saratoska's Reviews
Well I spoke too soon as just realised I have 2 bookings one for us and one for ds and his family and used 2019 points so would loose those and it’s a lot of points 😟