Notices
General DVC Discussion For discussion on how the DVC works and resort information.

Old 16 Feb 21, 01:03 PM  
Link to this Post
babbymint
Imagineer

How to buy rental points?

Sorry if this is in the wrong place.

Next year like many others we may try to buy DVC rental points. I looked on Davids site and it does a forecast cost to next year. So I have these questions as first timer.

How does David DVC site take orders for next year (or maybe it doesn't if you click through I havent tried)

How long before hand should I try to buy?

Are there better places to buy rental points? How does it work with Dibb owners?

If Disney bring back the DDP, would I be able to buy it and if is there a minimum amount of days - or the whole length of your stay (we are undecided at the moment what to do)?

Is there Disney transport to all DVC properties?

Assuming fast passes come back at some point, does it work the same on bookings as it does normally?

Thank you
babbymint is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Feb 21, 01:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Dr.JumbaJookiba
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by babbymint View Post
How does David DVC site take orders for next year (or maybe it doesn't if you click through I havent tried)
DVC owners can book 11 months out at resort they own at and seven months everywhere else. You can look in advance for owners who are prepared to take requests in preparation for your dates to come available.

How long before hand should I try to buy?
As soon as you can, some popular rooms sell out at or close to the 11 month window.

Are there better places to buy rental points? How does it work with Dibb owners?
I've never rented so can't compare but you will be looking for someone with rental experience, and a fair contract that specifies all cancellation terms. The issue with DVC points is they can become worthless to the owner as they have an expiry date so refunds are not usually possible but some modifications may be.

If Disney bring back the DDP, would I be able to buy it and if is there a minimum amount of days - or the whole length of your stay (we are undecided at the moment what to do.
DDP can be added to DVC rooms and must be for all people on the booking and only for length of stay. Consider split stays if you only want a few days DDP.

Is there Disney transport to all DVC properties?

Assuming fast passes come back at some point, does it work the same on bookings as it does normally?
Yes, all DVC resorts at WDW have transport and yes FP would work normally as your DVC reservation can be added to MDE just like any other on site stay.
Dr.JumbaJookiba is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Feb 21, 01:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Rebecca_
slightly serious Dibber

Sorry to hijack your thread but I came to ask something similar. Fairly certain we're going to rent points for May 2022 now. Hoping for 2 x studios at BWV/OKW/SSR (in order of preference). I'd prefer to use a UK member instead of Davids just because of the uncertainty with the exchange rate etc, but not sure where from? Is it just a case of posting a request on here or a Facebook group? Or would it be safer to do it via a rental site?

Also, can anyone advise approx how much per point I should expect to pay? We'll need around 240 points altogether for our stay - on the 2022 deals thread I think £12pp was mentioned, is that about the going rate? The rental sites I've looked at are $19/$20pp I think.
Old 16 Feb 21, 01:52 PM  
Link to this Post
babbymint
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Dr.JumbaJookiba View Post
DVC owners can book 11 months out at resort they own at and seven months everywhere else. You can look in advance for owners who are prepared to take requests in preparation for your dates to come available.

As soon as you can, some popular rooms sell out at or close to the 11 month window.

I've never rented so can't compare but you will be looking for someone with rental experience, and a fair contract that specifies all cancellation terms. The issue with DVC points is they can become worthless to the owner as they have an expiry date so refunds are not usually possible but some modifications may be.

DDP can be added to DVC rooms and must be for all people on the booking and only for length of stay. Consider split stays if you only want a few days DDP.

Yes, all DVC resorts at WDW have transport and yes FP would work normally as your DVC reservation can be added to MDE just like any other on site stay.
Thank you so much for this - very helpful. I have the same question as Rebecca too - how does it work buying from owners over here - how do you find them? thanks
babbymint is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Feb 21, 01:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Dr.JumbaJookiba
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Rebecca_ View Post
Sorry to hijack your thread but I came to ask something similar. Fairly certain we're going to rent points for May 2022 now. Hoping for 2 x studios at BWV/OKW/SSR (in order of preference). I'd prefer to use a UK member instead of Davids just because of the uncertainty with the exchange rate etc, but not sure where from? Is it just a case of posting a request on here or a Facebook group? Or would it be safer to do it via a rental site?

Also, can anyone advise approx how much per point I should expect to pay? We'll need around 240 points altogether for our stay - on the 2022 deals thread I think £12pp was mentioned, is that about the going rate? The rental sites I've looked at are $19/$20pp I think.
Thank you so much for this - very helpful. I have the same question as Rebecca too - how does it work buying from owners over here - how do you find them? thanks
There is a request section in this section of the forum and a FB group where you can post too. As travel restrictions ease (hopefully) I would expect 2022 points to be back to $17/£13 point even from private renters.

Edited at 02:19 PM.
Dr.JumbaJookiba is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List