Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 23 Jan 21, 09:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Melvin Pearce
Imagineer

Melvin Pearce's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 5
Warming about Pandora post on Facebook

Felt very silly today

Saw a ad on Facebook on advertising a sale on Pandora, so decided to do a order, on checkout the card wouldn't go through when my bank did a check, I then received alert on my phone asking if I had done a payment for a hotel site for £10 more than what I had done the order for. I text NO, then was asked to ring a number and spoke to a lady from the bank who said they were cancelling my card, but towards the end I lost connection.

Then Melvin said is the number I phoned the one on the back of my card. So started to get worried and phoned the number on the back of my card, after holding for 35 minutes I spoke to a nice lady who confirmed my card had been cancelled and a new one been ordered.

So lessons learnt after two hours worrying and no card for a week.

Lesley
Old 24 Jan 21, 01:33 AM  
Link to this Post
Sunset girl
Imagineer

I had similar,2 days ago the Nat west text me asking if I had made a payment to wayfair for £447 and booking.com for £220 obviously no
Nat west then phoned and block my card, I have no idea how my card was scammed... got my new card today
Old 24 Jan 21, 02:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Bestbubba
Imagineer

Amex sent us a text last week, 19.99 on Amazon, was it us? Phoned and told them no it wasn't, but we were intrigued as to how a £20 purchase on a site we use constantly, had raised an alarm. Nice lady explained its a computer algorithm. Wonder what they tried to buy that tripped it? Amex excellent as usual, new card within 48 hours.
Bestbubba is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jan 21, 03:00 PM  
Link to this Post
fefifoe
Apprentice Imagineer

fefifoe's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
i warn everyone to be extremely wary of clicking any ads on facebook, there are so many scam ones on there. My FIL did it twice last year after me warning him not to , 1 item arrived 4 months after he bought it and the other never did.
We had to cancel our card xmas 2019 due to a hotel in Japan being booked on it for nearly £2000 ! Had no idea how they had gotten our card number as we had only had that card a few weeks! fast forward 6 months and I was notified that a site i had used had been hacked and details had been stolen and to keep an eye out - turned out that was the only site I had used the card online so that must be how they had gotten our details.
I check my card and bank daily to monitor all our transaction as over 20 years this has happened to us 3 times.
Old 24 Jan 21, 03:37 PM  
Link to this Post
HiddenMickey35
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 2
Two years ago I saw beautiful sandals and I ordered it for my special holiday from Facebook. I paid around 58.00 for two pairs of sandals. When I received it and I realised it was not matched from facebook as it was cheapest and worst sandals and I want to returned it but they wont let me have refunds or return this sandals.

I learned my lessons and I will never order anything from Facebook again.

My card had been cancelled too and still not get it refunds which I paid by credit card.
DCL 6-9April 06,DCL on 18 July 07, Medi.,DCL on 15 Nights Panama Canal - Westbound< May 08, NEW YORK NOV 24-30TH WITH 5 LADIES :, DCL on 3 July '10 for 8 days Dover to Barcelona RCCI - FOS 10 April '11, Spendlour of the Seas, 19 July 2013,Disney Magic 14 Nights WB Tranny Sep 6, 2014, Jamaica June 12-23, 2018, RC Cruise, Halloween 2019, Mexico with groups, Sept 2022, DCL Nowhere on 27th July 2021 for 3 nights?, Anthem of the Seas, Norweigian Fjords Cruise, May 2022
HiddenMickey35 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jan 21, 03:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Fluffypenguin
Imagineer

Mobile

I always use my starling card whenever I make any online transactions. I don’t have any money in my starling account, so I just transfer across the amount I need whenever I need it.
Fluffypenguin is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jan 21, 06:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Squidgyness
Very Serious Dibber

Never click through on ANY advert, especially one on social media. If you see something that looks like a bargain ask yourself:

Does it look legit? Do you recognise the brand? Is it too good to be true?

If you believe the answers are yes, yes and no to those questions, leave facebook or wherever the ad is and go to the product suppliers official website and manually find the product in question. If the deal is the same, go for it. If not, look for any official discount offers on the official website. If none are available, congratulations - you dodged a scam.

I've had links from friends to amazon products where the site looked real even to me - I still back out, go to the official site and find the product myself, to make sure. Better safe than sorry - my sisters future in-laws learned this to the tune of £1000. Fortunately the bank got it back.
96/98/03/06/09 - Offsite Kissimmee/I-Drive
17/18 - Universal RPR

Edited at 06:15 PM.
Squidgyness is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List