Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Closed Thread

Old 8 Sep 15, 08:35 AM  
Link to this Post
smokey82
Getting Excited

Mobile Villa advice please

I have found a villa for our holiday in August next year and have just been sent the booking form to post back to the owner along with a £500 deposit. However when searching the Internet for reviews I found that the villa is for sale. I have emailed the owner and they have advised that this is normal practice and homes in Kissimmee are sold fully furnished and bookings including the deposits paid all transfer to the new owner. Can any villa owners or people with past experience of this please help. I don't want to end up loosing all my money but we do like the villa.
Old 8 Sep 15, 08:39 AM  
Link to this Post
SunbreezeFL
Imagineer

We were about to book a condo on Sanibel and found that the condo was up for sale, to be honest we pulled out - the new owner does not have to take the booking and my thinking was that if the house is up for sale then the current owners are less likely to be investing time and effort in the property. But that is just my opinion.
SunbreezeFL is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Sep 15, 09:19 AM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

Many Villas are sold with bookings in place and new owners are happy to take them on but they are under no obligation to do so and although the market is improving it can still take a while to sell

Helen
Gryff is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Sep 15, 09:45 AM  
Link to this Post
reemur
Apprentice Imagineer

They could sell to long term renters who would not want the bookings
Think carefully before sending any money
£500 deposit seems a lot We take £100 per week of stay
Carol
reemur is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Sep 15, 10:11 AM  
Link to this Post
DonnaD
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Gryff View Post
Many Villas are sold with bookings in place and new owners are happy to take them on but they are under no obligation to do so and although the market is improving it can still take a while to sell

Helen
Agree 100%. There is no guarantee the new owners would even be looking for short term rentals. I wouldn't be willing to risk it so far ahead especially with such I high deposit. It also doesn't seem like they have been honest with you about this.

If the owners are looking to sell they may be struggling to make it pay. The high deposit would make me suspicious.
Old 8 Sep 15, 10:13 AM  
Link to this Post
Pixiebelle
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by smokey82 View Post
I have found a villa for our holiday in August next year and have just been sent the booking form to post back to the owner along with a £500 deposit. However when searching the Internet for reviews I found that the villa is for sale. I have emailed the owner and they have advised that this is normal practice and homes in Kissimmee are sold fully furnished and bookings including the deposits paid all transfer to the new owner. Can any villa owners or people with past experience of this please help. I don't want to end up loosing all my money but we do like the villa.
As some of the villa owners have already mentioned it will all depend on what the new owner decides to do. They may honour the bookings already in place or they may decide not to. You are in a difficult position as the villa may be on the market for a while or sell very quickly but you need to decide whether to continue with the booking or find an alternative. Good luck either way...

Luxury 4 bedroom 2 bathroom pool home with Gamesroom. Free wi-fi, cable TV in all rooms, covered lanai - 8 miles from Disney.

60inch TV in Living Room
Xbox One with 37inch TV and games
40inch TV's in bedrooms
Refurbished pool with colour changing lights and a friendly dolphin to swim with.

Guest Reviews: http://www.mydisneyfloridavilla.co.uk/3127/3257.html

Pixiebelle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Sep 15, 10:14 AM  
Link to this Post
Lisbon
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
As said - it could be a family buying the house to live there.
I would give it a miss
Rob
Lisbon is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Sep 15, 10:38 AM  
Link to this Post
olgaandcoda
Imagineer

olgaandcoda's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
If you can afford to lose the deposit and then perhaps have to get another villa booked in time, should you be let down, then go ahead, but I wouldn't risk the money or the holiday. Better to find another villa.
Old 8 Sep 15, 10:52 AM  
Link to this Post
smokey82
Getting Excited

Mobile

Thanks for the advice. I think you're all right, it's just not worth the stress and potential loss.
Thankyou
Old 9 Sep 15, 10:08 AM  
Link to this Post

The vilaa may or may not be sold to another owner that wants to rent the property out. Some are sold and become residential properties for the new owner.

You should not necessarily worry about the money you have paid.

The owner may be hoping to sell to a new owner that will rent the property out. However there is no guarantee of that.

You should at least be given the choice to retain your booking or have a refund and what you decide from there is up to you.

I think if you are worried the new owner will not honour the booking you should ask for your deposit back now. You may be worried about finding something later. Many of us are already booked up for August well ahead of time. I find our guests book school holidays a couple of years in advance.

Hope everything goes well for you.

Alison
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread