Notices
Christmas Temporary forum for Christmas seasonal topics

Old 23 Dec 19, 11:41 PM  
Link to this Post
tinytots
Imagineer

Mobile

Tonight was Root veg and cranberry parcels with cous cous and veg. Tomorrow is my version of Dominoes, courtesy of ready made pizza, wedges, cookie dough cake and drinks. Followed my Birthday cake for hubby and a few more drinks. Xmas evening we have a Buffet( always manage to eat even after a huge lunch) Boxing Day is Turkey curry from Xmas Day leftovers. Then 27th I wish I hadn’t ate it all 😂
Old 23 Dec 19, 11:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Gally1968
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Salmon & scrambled eggs tonight, out for a late lunch tomorrow with a few nibbles tomorrow night.
Old 24 Dec 19, 12:16 AM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

It now seems I’ve to prepare my venison version of beef Wellington
As we n another thread Ds2 in a previous life was a boutique butcher
And yo guessed it they are having family for dinner tomorrow and venison is the main course
He’s well in debt now he was supposed to ask me weeks ago could I do it he did bring the venison ( it might just be a tad smaller than they think ) and the soup we were having has been purloined as well
DIL is a great cook but she finishes tomorrow lunch time but has been working ( home care manager ) since Saturday lunch time
She has the desserts cheese Christmas cake pies etc sorted
So,for us it’s home made quiche salad and chips tomorrow
Gryff is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Dec 19, 01:33 AM  
Link to this Post
Rac20
Imagineer

We had left over curry mid afternoon before going to see Star Wars this evening.
Bought some really nice looking (says the Vegetarian) Cumberland sausages for DH and the boys for tomorrow. Not sure what I’m having as don’t think I have any veggie sausages in.🤔🤔
Rac20 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Dec 19, 06:17 AM  
Link to this Post
dreamadream
Imagineer

Mobile

24th I bake a very large ham. Often in honey mustard coating, sometimes coke. We have it with chips and fried eggs, with loads of pickles and piccalilli. Can’t wait!
Although I am hoping to sleep several hours today after this night shift, so depending on the cooking time it may be a late dinner!
dreamadream is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Dec 19, 10:01 AM  
Link to this Post
bloominadversit
Getting Excited

Mobile

We had prawn tacos last night, and are having a cheeseboard/platter setup for dinner tonight with friends.
bloominadversit is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Dec 19, 10:30 AM  
Link to this Post
lottiesmum0
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Our Christmas Eve tradition is pie and peas. DH comes from the midlands and his parents couldn’t believe that hot pork pie and mushy peas was a ‘thing’! We’ve been doing it about 15 yrs or so now- one year we had a year off and they all complained !
Old 24 Dec 19, 10:38 AM  
Link to this Post
greekgranny
Imagineer

Originally Posted by lottiesmum0 View Post
Our Christmas Eve tradition is pie and peas. DH comes from the midlands and his parents couldn’t believe that hot pork pie and mushy peas was a ‘thing’! We’ve been doing it about 15 yrs or so now- one year we had a year off and they all complained !
Ooooh havnt had hot pork pie for years. We used to go and pick it up from the butchers. It was covered in onion sauce. yum
Old 24 Dec 19, 10:56 AM  
Link to this Post
Megandllsmum
Imagineer

Megandllsmum's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Mobile

We had to go and pick up our click and collect order from asda last night so by time I'd played fridge and freezer jenga we had pizzas, tonight will be a festive picnic tea.. Festive being owt that is shrunk into bitesize pieces and cooks in oven on gas mark 6 for 20 minutes... With pringles 😂😂👍👍
Megandllsmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Dec 19, 11:36 AM  
Link to this Post
ERICSMUM
Imagineer

Mobile

Quality Street. Except the toffee pennies.
ERICSMUM is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List