Notices
Guest Services Site Questions, a tech query or just want to test something.

Old 12 Oct 20, 02:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Midges17
Apprentice Imagineer

Language problem on Disney+

I have Disney + on my iPad, phone & a new tv if I stream it straight from my iPad the language comes on in English which is what it’s set for on all the devices but if I just open the app on the tv & not go through my iPad it comes on in Spanish! I’ve tried changing it on the tv screen but it’s showing English! If I log out on the tv then connect through my iPad it’s in English! Anyone else have this issue & know how to fix it?
Thanks
Old 12 Oct 20, 04:05 PM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

Sounds like one of your TV settings is defaulting to Spanish . If you can’t see it in settings then you could call tech support for the TV.
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Oct 20, 04:13 PM  
Link to this Post
teachx
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 7
Originally Posted by Midges17 View Post
I have Disney + on my iPad, phone & a new tv if I stream it straight from my iPad the language comes on in English which is what it’s set for on all the devices but if I just open the app on the tv & not go through my iPad it comes on in Spanish! I’ve tried changing it on the tv screen but it’s showing English! If I log out on the tv then connect through my iPad it’s in English! Anyone else have this issue & know how to fix it?
Thanks
I had the same problem with my Disney+ on the Amazon Fire stick. Not sure how it had happened but was able to sort it by using the firestick remote. Basically I started one of the programmes which was in Spanish, then paused it. Pressed up on the remote highlighting a tab in the top right corner which brings up a language menu and allowed me to reselect English. This cured it.

2023 Pop Century/Rosen LBV 2019 BC/Red Lion Hotel Kissimmee 2017 POR/Floridian Hotel & Suites 2016 Red Lion Hotel Kissimmee 2014(2) Rosen Inn @ Pointe 2014 Rosen Inn International 2009 Rosen Plaza 2006 Travelodge I Drive 2004 Howard Johnsons I Drive
teachx is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Oct 20, 05:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Midges17
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by teachx View Post
I had the same problem with my Disney+ on the Amazon Fire stick. Not sure how it had happened but was able to sort it by using the firestick remote. Basically I started one of the programmes which was in Spanish, then paused it. Pressed up on the remote highlighting a tab in the top right corner which brings up a language menu and allowed me to reselect English. This cured it.
Thank you I will try that!
Old 12 Oct 20, 05:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Midges17
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by duchy View Post
Sounds like one of your TV settings is defaulting to Spanish . If you can’t see it in settings then you could call tech support for the TV.
The tv settings is showing English, it’s only happening on Disney everything else is ok
Old 12 Oct 20, 05:09 PM  
Link to this Post
teachx
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 7
Originally Posted by Midges17 View Post
Thank you I will try that!
Forgot to say once you have got the little square highlighted, you select it then the language menus come up for both subtitles and sound, just make sure you select the audio language list. The list appears across the top of the screen

2023 Pop Century/Rosen LBV 2019 BC/Red Lion Hotel Kissimmee 2017 POR/Floridian Hotel & Suites 2016 Red Lion Hotel Kissimmee 2014(2) Rosen Inn @ Pointe 2014 Rosen Inn International 2009 Rosen Plaza 2006 Travelodge I Drive 2004 Howard Johnsons I Drive
teachx is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Oct 20, 12:58 PM  
Link to this Post
stan_the_man
Imagineer

Same thing happened with us on the app using a firestick, although I think it started in Portuguese (it previously worked fine the day before), both dubbing and subtitles came up for it!

Easily sorted by using the remote to change the language as said above though, just random that other people seem to be having the issue

Allergy-Friendly Food Report 2015
stan_the_man is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List