Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 19 Jan 21, 10:11 PM  
Link to this Post
RobandLynsey
Very Serious Dibber

Personally I would look as long as possible. Depending on your status with vaccine it is likely that most could be waiting until at least Sept and that is believing the Government (they haven't had a great track record of meeting their promises). USA will be a lot different with Biden in charge and will be certainly locked up for as long as they need and I think they have a similar timetable to us.

I really, really want to go back but at this time I just can't risk it and don't want the stress of will we or wont we, so I would recommend rebooking as late as you can even though I realise this will be hard.
Old 19 Jan 21, 10:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Geordieprincess
Apprentice Imagineer

We are booked for Easter and thought about changing to Oct too but held off for this reason. And I think April will be cancelled before I have to pay my balance so hoping I just get the refund so I have freedom to book whatever I want instead.
Geordieprincess is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jan 21, 09:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Wolf1984
Imagineer

BA BWC policy now updated. Thanks to Stanleycamel for starting this thread:

https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho... php?t=1187659

Thought it useful to share on this thread as many of us have been discussing this quite recently.
Wolf1984 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jan 21, 09:51 PM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

Glad of that. My return flight (if it happens) is 02 September. I never doubted that this would happen.

Will I reschedule?.. Nope.. I will wait until at least mid July and possibly a little longer as we are due to fly out on 18 August.

2005 onwards.. lots of times!

Index of all my Trip and Pretrip reports..https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...6#post15662196
cornishfrogboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jan 21, 09:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Lillylulu
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

I was planning on holding our booking flights for Christmas 2021 till about aug sept when things might be clearer , but I have absolutely no will power to stay off skyscanner and other sites checking flight prices .
Yesterday I found flights London Heathrow- Orlando with AA on
15 th dec ( ideally would have liked 17 th ) economy with 23 kg luggage £261 and return on 8 th January with BA in premier world traveler plus for £174 , so at those prices I’ve booked , so 🤞🏼 Things will look better by then .
They did tell me about the policy with covid ending in August and said if I wanted to make changes it will cost me £150 each but also said if BA or AA cancel any flights or make changes I will have full refund and also if travel restrictions still stop us flying in dec I will get a voucher but no refund
Lillylulu is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List