Notices
Reports and Reviews for Dining and Restaurants Trip Reports

Old 6 Oct 22, 12:35 AM  
Link to this Post
timnlaura
slightly serious Dibber

The unrealistic budget trip?

Hello! I thought I would give a wee dining report another go. I lost it on the last one and ended up not finishing it, which was disappointing when I look back.

We are a family of 2 adults, myself, Laura who loves to read food reports, cook food and eat it, I am also a lover of Tiktok and plan to make some Disney-related ones when I am there! I am the main planner with Tim, my husband, just going with the flow. We like a ride photo pose and think we keep a tight budget... We are taking along my 2 daughters Abigail (14) says she is a picky eater, loves meat, particularly pepperoni, oh and calamari and will no doubt live on chicken tenders. Izzy (13) loves to try new things, loves any kind of ribs and hopes to do lots of food booths at Epcot. They have been threatened to be left behind numerous times, so hopefully taking them doesn't backfire on me.

We are booked to stay at Animal Kingdom Lodge for 16 nights (i think) using our DVC points, using the end of our annual passes and would love if we kept to our $1200 budget.

I plan on signing up to Restaurants a few days before we go and nipping to Costco for some Landry's gift cards. It is Tim's birthday the week before we go, and my Orlando birthday when we are there. We have 3 nights that are club level, which I am really looking forward to and obviously that will help the budget a wee bit! I am generally T-total apart from on holiday and if it is included...

At the moment we only have a few ADR's booked:

Via Napoli - My kids love a giant pizza
Whispering Canyon Cafe Dinner - My two will love it and Tim will hate it!
Hoop-Dee-Doo - We all love this so much and the booze is included...
Coral Reef Restaurant Eat to the Beat Dinner - OMG! Hanson are supposed to be singing!
Space 220 Lunch - actually called up to book lounge and they heard my Scottish Accent wrong it seems!
Le Cellier Steakhouse Eat to the Beat Lunch - OMG! I will want to see Hanson for the second time!

Ok, writing it out is more than a few. Hopefully, we can reign it in a bit, although Hoop-Dee-Doo is prepaid so that doesn't count.

Other places we Have pencilled in to eat are:

Olive Garden
Cici's
Millers
Perkins
Cheesecake Factory
Bahama Breeze
The ice cream shop that's like the one in a computer game.
Blaze
Publix Deli Sandwiches
Yak and Yeti for the Orange chicken

We are absolute creatures of habit though, so no doubt will end up in Backlot Express and Restaurauntasaurus. Those drink refills are just so tempting!

Hopefully, I don't forget to actually take photos and I do plan on doing it live to limit the forgetfulness.
timnlaura is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Oct 22, 10:12 AM  
Link to this Post
Ilovedisney
VIP Dibber

Looking forward to reading. I have a budget next month and would be interested to see how you go. Have a wonderful holiday.
Ilovedisney is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Oct 22, 10:32 AM  
Link to this Post
Thing1thing2
Excited about Disney

Following x
Old 6 Oct 22, 01:40 PM  
Link to this Post
princessnicki
VIP Dibber

looking forward to reading along

All of Team Bricki's Trip and Food Reports

2019- Our Super Secret Wedding and Honeymoon In Disney World
2022- Brett's 40th Celebrations In Orlando
2023- Lisbon and Sorrento
2024- Athens and Italy Tour
2025- Seville

INSTAGRAM teambricki_yorkshire_foodies
princessnicki is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Oct 22, 04:40 PM  
Link to this Post
orlandoamber
Imagineer

Sounds like a great trip. I am so jealous Hanson are on while you’re there, we just miss them!
orlandoamber is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Oct 22, 04:45 PM  
Link to this Post
darsch1982
Imagineer

Following
darsch1982 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Oct 22, 05:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Sparksy72
VIP Dibber

Sparksy72's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
What a fantastic sounding trip, I’m looking forward to following along. 😁
Sparksy72 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Oct 22, 05:44 PM  
Link to this Post
minnie29
Apprentice Imagineer

That budget is tighter than ours and ours was pretty dismal 😂
We had $2,000 and that was for EVERYTHING - food, drink, kids’ spends, travel - everything! We go home today and have managed to stick to the budget! We have about $75 left for food today 👍

Edited to add - we have found it hard to stick to this. I have missed being able to just grab a snack when I wanted. But with the £ to $ rate being so bad we had to be really careful. Quite proud of ourselves for managing it 😊
I-Drive July 2004. I-Drive Oct/Nov 2006. Southern Dunes May 2010 (married in Florida!). Town Centre June 2011. Southern Dunes August 2012. Hampton Lakes and Carnival Cruise August 2013. Regal Palms 2014. Southern Dunes 2017. Southern Dunes and Hard Rock Hotel May 2018. AKL, POFQ, Wilderness Lodge and Disney Dream2019.
Dopey challenge - All Stars stay January 2020. Cabana Bay Sept 2022

Edited at 05:49 PM.
minnie29 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Oct 22, 07:41 PM  
Link to this Post
ClaireNJ
Imagineer

Your trip looks good & you had me at Cheesecake Factory
I’ll be following x

https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho... php?t=1266923

ClaireNJ is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Oct 22, 09:49 AM  
Link to this Post
Ilovedisney
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by minnie29 View Post
That budget is tighter than ours and ours was pretty dismal 😂
We had $2,000 and that was for EVERYTHING - food, drink, kids’ spends, travel - everything! We go home today and have managed to stick to the budget! We have about $75 left for food today 👍

Edited to add - we have found it hard to stick to this. I have missed being able to just grab a snack when I wanted. But with the £ to $ rate being so bad we had to be really careful. Quite proud of ourselves for managing it 😊
Im impressed you managed on this amount.Well done you. That is what Im not looking forward to - thinking so much about what I am spending.
Ilovedisney is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List