Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Reports Trip Reports

Old 20 Jul 18, 02:52 PM  
Link to this Post
nursetina
Apprentice Imagineer

Victorian afternoon tea at the Disneyland hotel

As some of you already know, I visited dlp earlier this week for a quick 2 night stay, in order to buy our infinity passes I booked the afternoon tea experience ages ago and promised I'd do a quick report on our experience... so here it is.
I booked via e mail and had conformation from the cafe fantasia manager that we turn up and they will be expecting us! Hmmm,...we walked into cafe fantasia at around 2.50... our booking was for 3. I announced we had a booking for afternoon tea and they looked blank... they then went and got another cm who asked how we had booked, I explained... he looked blank too, he then went off for a good 5 mins and came back with a lovely female cm, who said our table would be ready soon. She then came back for us about another 5 mins later. She took us through to the music room to the right of cafe fantasia bar. This was the room we sat in at Christmas drinking our glowtinis so already feeling nostalgic!
She apologised for the wait and gave us the menus, which were just beautiful... i wanted to bring one home 💖

We opted for Victorian afternoon tea... without champagne!
There was no one else there so we had the cms undivided attention. The setting is beautiful and the tables looked amazing.
She told us about each tea on offer, we opted for a lovely fruity tea to start, it was lovely.

We also had a bottle of water as the weather was scorching (i kept firgetting i was in france and thinking i was in florida, yes it was that hot!)
Then she bought the food out.

There was so much food we couldn't eat it all... and we were starving at the start!
There were 4 of each sandwich, so 2 each. There was salmon, chicken with tomatoe, cucumber, peanut butter and jam and a gorgeous beef and lemon one, which was our favourite.
Then there was a scone each with butter and jam, no cream unfortunately. The a little glass if a delicate syrup with chopped strawberries and raspberries in... it was delicious. Charlotte wasn't keen so I had both lol.
By now we were getting full, so we had another cup of tea, I'm sorry I can't remember the names of them but this was Jasmine, passion fruit concoction..., I didn't like this one, too much like green tea for me.
Then we attempted the cakes. A lovely tart with lemon, topped with strawberries and raspberries, then a caramel profiterole. We couldn't eat the last 2 which were a mini fruit loaf and one other which I can't remember sorry. One more cup of tea to finish... this was a lovely one, very refreshing. The sugars were all individually wrapped and in the shape of Mickey... ,such a lovely touch. The cm offered us a box to take our remaining cakes but as we were going back into the park we declined... ,such a shame as they looked delicious.
The cost was €45 each which though a bit expensive, it's as much about the experience as it is the food. It was so quiet in there you forgot how busy the parks were (and boy were they busy) and I am such a lover of the Disneyland hotel to us it was well worth it. If you can afford it... ,do it, however if money is tight then I would give it a miss as you could get a decent evening meal for the price.
If anyone has any questions please feel free to ask.
nursetina is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jul 18, 12:01 AM  
Link to this Post
Animagus
Imagineer

Thanks for sharing your experience. It all looks and sounds delicious. Were you offered extra sandwiches? Also, do you know whether they would cater for a vegetarian?
You said they were confused over your booking, is there an alternative way to book? We're going next Spring and this would be a fab mum and daughter treat.
Thanks again for taking the time to post. 😄
Animagus is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jul 18, 07:21 PM  
Link to this Post
nursetina
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Animagus View Post
Thanks for sharing your experience. It all looks and sounds delicious. Were you offered extra sandwiches? Also, do you know whether they would cater for a vegetarian?
You said they were confused over your booking, is there an alternative way to book? We're going next Spring and this would be a fab mum and daughter treat.
Thanks again for taking the time to post. 😄
I don't know if there is a veggie option sorry and we really didn't need extra sandwiches... there honestly was plenty and we were hungry!
The other way to book is with the concierge at your hotel if you're staying onsite. I don't know any other way and it didn't cause an issue... they just seemed confused lol.
We were mother and daughter and it really was lovely treat. Enjoy.
nursetina is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Jul 18, 04:08 PM  
Link to this Post
sjc100
Gone all Goofy

This looks great (if a little expensive, as per). I can't believe it has taken them this long to offer something like this!
sjc100 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List