Notices
Itineraries Post your Trip Itineraries here.

Old 27 Jul 18, 12:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Drdaz
Staying in the Castle

Halloween horror Nights ? newbie

Hi all we always stay at OKW,and are there 13-oct 2018 for 2 weeks. But the boys 13 and 14 and their cousin 15 want to do HHN at universal. But all of them are a bit Harry potter mad.

I don't really want to pay for a separate universal 14 day pass for the evening. So what rides are available on HHN, and would it be worth getting the express passes. Also where is the cheapest place to get them, also is it easy getting a taxi back from universal late at night

sorry for so many questions

We have tickets for MNSSHP, we just cant get enough halloween!
Drdaz is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jul 18, 01:28 PM  
Link to this Post
VS075
Serious Dibber

Hi

Firstly, HHN is only in one of the Universal theme parks, Universal Studios, meaning you would only benefit from seeing Diagon Alley and not Hogsmead or The Hogwarts Express.

HHN is a separate ticketed event, so if you feel you can get everything done that you're wanting, it could be a cheaper option for you. As a big fan of Universal however, I would always encourage multiple days across all the Universal parks if budget allows.

When I went in 2017, the majority of the rides were open in Universal Studios, however some of them don't stay open the entire night due to maintenance requirements. Info on Express can be found here: orlando.halloweenhorrornight...roducts/extras

I can't comment on the best place to get tickets as we got ours when they were running a buy one night get one free deal, but that ended last month.

As long as you don't leave at closing, I'm sure getting a taxi would be easy - using Uber rather than a yellow cab will save you a fortune.

I'm sure others can comment on some of the other questions.

Thanks
My experience on US borders opening day: https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho... php?t=1207820

Edited at 01:30 PM.
VS075 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Aug 18, 11:25 AM  
Link to this Post
Toff Princess
Getting Excited

Toff Princess's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 21
Ok so, first of all HHN is only at one of the parks. You would need a day ticket to both parks to get the whole Harry Potter experience a huge part of which is the Hogwarts Express. In my opinion it is not worth just doing 1/2 of the experience.

I made the mistake of buying express passes last year (at HUGE expense literally more than the ticket for the day) and the queues were still long and honestly, I didn't feel they were worth it at all. For the Harry Potter part the queues are ok so not needed to be able to do all that.

My rec wold be to do the day at universal with the ticket that allows you access to both parks and book that HHN party the same day to get it all done. No express passes!
Old 16 Aug 18, 10:19 AM  
Link to this Post
Shooby doo
Imagineer

Shooby doo's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 12

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Depending on which night you are thinking of, the Eps may be as expensive as a 1 day pass- they are on a sliding scale. Personally on a 1 day plan, I would start in IOA, do everything that you want to do- Hogwart's Express across to Universal. At park closing, go to one of the holding areas- this get's you a jump start on a couple of Houses, it's then a case of watching wait times & going against the flow- be prepared to move about. We have, as yet, never needed HHN Ep's & have always completed the Houses.
We've yet to use Uber but I know Mears was $35-$40 each way from Saratoga.
Whichever way that you look at it, it's an expensive day out but if anything is worth it it's HHN !
Sd
Raddison Inn LBV '92,Comfort Inn LBV '94,Residence by Marriott LBV '98,Comfort Inn Kids Suite LBV '99Springhill Suites LBV '01,Summerfield suites LBV '03 ,Holiday Inn Sunnspree LBV '04 ,Staybridge Suites LBV '06 ,Caribbean Beach WDW '08 DVC= WLV +SSR '12,SSR '14,SSR +US Royal Pacific '15 SSR '16 AKL/SSR '18 WL/SSR'19 SSR '22
DVC Owner Extraordinare-SSR
Shooby doo is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Aug 18, 10:38 AM  
Link to this Post
Mezza1991
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

First of all don't skimp on cutting costs because you will feel as though you missed a lot off.

Buy the 2 park ticket, start over in Islands for opening, get the train over to Studios and finish up the day there.

Stay inside the park when closes and wait in the holding area and gain first access to houses.

UBER can be caught from outside city walk and are a lot cheaper than the yellow cabs,

We have frequent fear plus passes this year but we are just Halloween nut heads.
Mezza1991 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List