Notices
Shanghai, Tokyo and Hong Kong Theme Parks Shanghai, Tokyo and Hong Kong Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 31 Aug 18, 11:22 AM  
Link to this Post
Mrs_Taz
VIP Dibber

Tokyo

Hi,
Just back from Florida and I'm now in planning mode for next year's holiday.
We're thinking of Japan with a couple of days at Disney.
The problem is I have no idea of prices for flights and hotels (not just Disney ones but elsewhere too) Without be overly nosey as to what people have paid could anyone give me a steer as to what I should expect to pay.
Many thanks
Louise
Old 31 Aug 18, 04:01 PM  
Link to this Post
AntonyJ
VIP Dibber

Flights I cannot comment on as been lucky to get mine with air miles so only paid taxes / fees.

We used HOTELS.COM to book (only last week) for 2 nights at the Hilton Tokyo Bay next to Disney, and then The Knot in Shinjuku for the rest of the trip, for our visit next May. We used this web site as we could book, but cancel if we wanted to, at get this price locked in. So go look their for prices, I have not got details of mine as they are at home.

I am holding out for a Hilton flash sale that happens a few times a year for Japan / Asia, to see if can get rooms lower priced still - hence booking with HOTELS.COM now

Also the prices on HOTELS.COM appear to include all sneaky local taxes etc.

What are the plans fro your trip?
2 days in Disney, then into Tokyo or wider trips around Japan?

If staying in Tokyo area, then might be good to stay at the Hilton near Disney for all trip - as they cost less than in city centre branches / rooms tend to be bigger, but you would have to work out if the to / fro on the trains each day would be a pain for you.

Another hotel near Disney, and near door to Hilton, is Sheraton Grande - both these hotels get very favorable reviews.

My own trip is only Disney and Tokyo - with probably a day trip on bullet train.
AntonyJ is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Aug 18, 06:24 PM  
Link to this Post
kevin_cambs_uk
Imagineer

We went in 2016 and 2017. Flights both time we Flew direct with BA to Narita generally was 1200 quid for 2 people

Hotel

Stayed at hotel century southern tower and then park hotel second time

About 11 days at both and generally about 2500 for the room each visit

Rail pass were about 300 quid

And about 1500 to 2000 for spending money

I think overall the two trips were about 7k each

I did a trip report for each in the general reports area

Edited at 06:25 PM.
kevin_cambs_uk is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Sep 18, 06:36 AM  
Link to this Post
sky13
Imagineer

In terms of hotels, there are 3 official Disney hotels (I think - can’t remember if there was going to be a 4th one), and a number of other hotels on the monorail route (including the Hilton and Sheraton Tokyo Bay).

I’ve stayed at the Sheraton which was pretty good - they had newly refurbished some of their rooms (Ocean Dream) when I stayed in 2016, so the rooms were nice and also pretty large. The convenience for Disney was really good too - Disney has a check-in booth near the rail station for the partner hotels, where you can check in and leave your bags and buy tickets/etc and the bags will turn up in your room later in the day. And getting to/from the hotels is very easy with the monorail too.

Can’t quite remember how much I paid though...
Old 1 Sep 18, 10:29 AM  
Link to this Post
Mrs_Taz
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Thank you all
Old 3 Sep 18, 08:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Ben1993
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Went January this year, paid £450 each for indirect flights with KLM from Birmingham.

About £55 per night for hotel in Tokyo (APA are a great business hotel chain, tiny rooms but we expected that)

£75 a night for hotel near Disney (Oriental Tokyo Bay)

Disney tickets £150 each for 4 day tickets, bargain really!

About £800 spending money over 8 nights.

We were pleasantly surprised by how affordable the trip was