Notices
Disney Cruise Line and Other Cruise Planning Cruise Questions and Tips.

Old 2 Sep 18, 08:24 AM  
Link to this Post
Eeyorefanuk
Imagineer

Holiday in Is sooo close and a nice hotel
Old 2 Sep 18, 09:10 AM  
Link to this Post
SimonB
Imagineer

Mobile

We stay at a place called Elizabeth House. It’s easy to get to and they sort taxis to the terminal. Not a lot near there but has a bar and reasonably priced food. Breakfast is decent too. Dominos opposite if that’s your thing. Officially it’s only 2 star but feels higher than that. The owner is always there and looks after you. It’s about £125 for a double room, breakfast and parking for a week.
SimonB is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Sep 18, 12:42 PM  
Link to this Post
disney_l81
Very Serious Dibber

We always stay at either the novotel or ibis. We have stayed at jurys before but weren't impressed.
disney_l81 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Sep 18, 01:31 PM  
Link to this Post
katiec68
Imagineer

katiec68's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
We have stayed at the Premier Inn West quay - fabulous and the PI in the city - awful!

For our November cruise we are booked into the Holiday Inn - £150 including parking, breakfast and taxi to and from the port.
Parking was going to cost us £150 and the PI is coming in around £80 at the moment so the HI was a no brainer.

We love the PI however and if we can get the right price for the night we'd stay there.
But as others have siad you will need a taxi from there - although we have walked it when going for a ship tour I wouldnt want to do it with all my luggage!

The HarBar hotel gets good reviews - we had a drink there and its amaxing but at £200 a night too expensive for us

Katie
katiec68 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Sep 18, 12:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Dinglebert
Imagineer

Dinglebert's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
We stayed in the Hilton this year as I had enough points. Next year got a couple of rooms at Holiday Inn. Looks like there is enough to do in the area the evening before. We were Navigator this year first week of English School Holidays. Of the just over 3000 passengers apparently 1000 were children. They were certainly noticable.
Dinglebert is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Sep 18, 04:43 PM  
Link to this Post
SquishTheWhale
Imagineer

We are on Indy too for a mini cruise in October! I really wouldn't worry about the negative reviews. Most of the time it's just people who like to complain. The only way to do it is go and make your own mind up! If you have any specific questions or worries then let me know and I can find out when we sail on her.

We are just driving over in the morning of the cruise as we're around 2hrs away- have booked parking right at the port so hoping it's pain free! Can't wait, our last cruise was in April and I'm suffering from withdrawal lol.
SquishTheWhale is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Sep 18, 11:54 PM  
Link to this Post
holidaysaver75
Imagineer

Thanks so much for the advice and reassurance. I’ve been looking at Tesco Clubcard and can use points for the Novotel (I can’t get the HI up for our dates on Hotels.com). Is it worth a look?
holidaysaver75 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List