Notices

Old 27 Aug 18, 03:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Dennys
Trying for More Ears

Beware The Snack Police - Day 15 - Artists Palette And Chicken Guy

It was a non-park day today to give us chance to have a rest and some down time. N, J and I started by doing the Conch Flats tour of Old Key West - this was a free tour run by a really great cast member. It lasted an hour and we got given a pin each at the end - I would really recommend anyone staying here to go on it!

We then nipped down to the Vineland outlets as J wanted to buy some more pins - we didn't get here until nearly 12 and the Disney shop was packed and the pin packs had all gone! It was very different to when we had gone on a week day.

We picked L up and drove round to Saratoga Springs for lunch - we had stayed here many years ago and fancied a trip down memory lane. We ate at the Artists Palette - their version of a food court!

We had taken our resort mugs so swapped drinks for sides or puddings. N went for soup which was tomato and basil which he said was very nice!

Both N and I went for the lobster and bacon sandwich which was delicious! It was toasted which I wasn't expecting and was full. Really scrummy!

Inside pic!

L & J both went for pepperoni pizza.

For pudding J went for a cookies and milk cupcake.

This had hidden cookie dough inside it.

And I had a cannoli- I've never had one before and always fancy one, but this was really sickly! Looks good though!

We were trying to use up some of our snack credits, so N also got a bottle of Saratoga fizzy water - nice bottle!

And J picked up some apple slices which he ended up eating later in the day.

I also picked up some tins of mints as snack credits...

We went to the pool in the afternoon until the weather took a turn for the worst so we ended up relaxing in the hotel instead.

When the weather cleared we headed out to Disney Springs. We ended up going to The Chicken Guy as this was where J fancied eating. There was a queue to get in but it moved quickly. It was as smaller here than I expected and most of the seats are outside so we just had to hope the rain didn't start again.

It is cheaper to eat in here than a lot of other places so good for paying oop - not such good value on the DDP as you can only get the combos and no alcoholic drinks. This really irked N as it meant J, who wanted nuggets, would only get 3... I think if he hadn't known the cost of the food he would have been impressed with the food here, but knowing he wasn't getting good value and that you couldn't choose the 5 nuggets seemed to put him off it a bit!

These are Js nuggets - which he also had fries and a drink with.

L & I both went for:
The Sauce Boss
two Chicken Tenders (Crispy Fried or Grilled All-natural), Lettuce, Tomato, Onion, Pickle and your choice of any two Signature Sauces

I went for Special Sauce and L, Chipotle Ranch - these came in the sandwich and as a dipping pot.

N had:
Southwestern
Pepper Jack, Special Sauce, Avocado Crema, Cumin Lime Mojo, Charred Corn, Roasted Peppers, Black Beans, Lettuce, Tomatoes and Crispy Tortilla Strips

I thought this was really tasty and one of the best chicken burgers I've had. It was very juicy and messy though!

We also got some fried pickles as a snack credit. These were nice but I think I prefer them un-fried!

We did some more snack credit shopping as we went round the Springs - including this haul at Ghirardelli.

We got 4 chocolate bars for 3 snack credits, the others were all one credit each including the bottle of caramel sauce! J also had a coke float from here, too.

Dennys is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Aug 18, 03:57 PM  
Link to this Post
app
DIBB App Manager

New Photo Added by Dennys - 27 Aug 18 3:57 PM.
app is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Aug 18, 09:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridaagogo
Imagineer

Lobster and bacon sandwich 😍
Floridaagogo is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Aug 18, 11:12 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyPCLI
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Good call using Ghirardelli for snacks - caramel sauce Yum 😋
Old 28 Aug 18, 07:53 PM  
Link to this Post
OB1LukeLucas
VIP Dibber

Mobile

I never even noticed the chicken guy at DS, the burgers sound nice.
I love lobster but wouldn’t have thought to eat it with bacon!
OB1LukeLucas is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Aug 18, 09:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Dennys
Trying for More Ears

Mobile

Originally Posted by Floridaagogo View Post
Lobster and bacon sandwich 😍
I know - so delicious!

Originally Posted by DisneyPCLI View Post
Good call using Ghirardelli for snacks - caramel sauce Yum 😋
Absolutely- might even get some more if we have some left! We got some Eggos from Walmart (a la Stranger Things!) and the kids have been having the caramel sauce on those in the morning - because we’re not having enough food during the day!

Originally Posted by OB1LukeLucas View Post
I never even noticed the chicken guy at DS, the burgers sound nice.
I love lobster but wouldn’t have thought to eat it with bacon!
I think Chicken Guy is quite new and only opened in the last few weeks - it is sort of wrapped around the back of Planet Hollywood.

Lobster and bacon - an inspired (and delicious) combination!

Thank you to everyone for reading and replying!
Dennys is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Aug 18, 08:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Cinderella
Imagineer

Nice food n👍
Cinderella is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Sep 18, 06:41 AM  
Link to this Post
Jake71
Imagineer

I didn’t realise you could use snack credits in Ghirardeli, that’s noted for next year. Sounds like you had a good non park day.
Old 19 Sep 18, 10:12 AM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
A good day like the look of the caramel sauce

Joan