Notices
General DVC Discussion For discussion on how the DVC works and resort information.

Old 6 Oct 18, 08:14 AM  
Link to this Post
amy56
VIP Dibber

Mobile Has the DVC booking chart gone?

Hi again!

So for the first time in ages I’ve just been on the DVC member site, as following my thread about hard to get concierge rooms, I just thought I’d have a look at the availability charts, to gauge how often concierge rooms open up.

I’ve been in the booking screen (which looks much different to the last time I booked something!) and the concierge rooms don’t come up at all on any dates I’ve selected, not even to say they are unavailable? And so far I’m yet to see the charts that used to show you where there was availability and where there wasn’t - have they gone now?

Sorry to sound stupid - the last time I went on the site was to book last year’s holiday, so probably two years ago!
amy56 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Oct 18, 08:47 AM  
Link to this Post
Andi
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by amy56 View Post
Hi again!

So for the first time in ages I’ve just been on the DVC member site, as following my thread about hard to get concierge rooms, I just thought I’d have a look at the availability charts, to gauge how often concierge rooms open up.

I’ve been in the booking screen (which looks much different to the last time I booked something!) and the concierge rooms don’t come up at all on any dates I’ve selected, not even to say they are unavailable? And so far I’m yet to see the charts that used to show you where there was availability and where there wasn’t - have they gone now?

Sorry to sound stupid - the last time I went on the site was to book last year’s holiday, so probably two years ago!
They updated the site some months ago and I haven't found that part as easy as it used to be, although perhaps it's there and I haven't found it but you can put in your dates as if booking and it will bring up availability. If for instance AKL when you click on the bit that says no availability usually Concierge comes up there and you can view each month and available dates that way.

DVC - Animal Kingdom Lodge

International Drive 2002, All Star Movies 2005, Renaissance at Seaworld 2008, Rosen Plaza & POFQ 2010, Saratoga Springs Resort 2012, Hotel New York DLP 2013, Rosen Plaza and Old Key West 2014, AKL, BLT & SSR July 2015, Crowne Plaza NYC, AKL, Cabana Bay, AKL Nov 2017, Crowne Plaza NYC April 2018, Rosen Plaza, AKL and GFV August 2018, Australia Nov 2018, RCI Cruise August 2019, Rosen Plaza, Pop Century August 2022
Andi is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Oct 18, 08:49 AM  
Link to this Post
TinkTatoo
Imagineer

TinkTatoo's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 9
Guidebook Reviews: 1
When you select a reservation for AKL Jambo studio it will show only rooms that are available for your dates but just underneath that is a thing that says "Not Seeing Rooms You Want View rooms with partial-stay and Waitlist availability" if you click that it will show you the rooms that are not available for your entire stay (usually concierge)

TinkTatoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Oct 18, 08:50 AM  
Link to this Post
amy56
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Andi View Post
They updated the site some months ago and I haven't found that part as easy as it used to be, although perhaps it's there and I haven't found it but you can put in your dates as if booking and it will bring up availability. If for instance AKL when you click on the bit that says no availability usually Concierge comes up there and you can view each month and available dates that way.
Thank you - I couldn’t even see concierge coming up as unavailable, even though other room types did? But I’ll give it another go - I’m not the best with technology, especially when things get changed and ‘improved’, so it’s probably me! 😂

Edited at 09:18 AM.
amy56 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Oct 18, 09:20 AM  
Link to this Post
amy56
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by TinkTatoo View Post
When you select a reservation for AKL Jambo studio it will show only rooms that are available for your dates but just underneath that is a thing that says "Not Seeing Rooms You Want View rooms with partial-stay and Waitlist availability" if you click that it will show you the rooms that are not available for your entire stay (usually concierge)
Sorry I think I must of been posting at the same time earlier as I missed this! Thank you ever so much - that’s really helpful - I’ll have another look x
Old 6 Oct 18, 09:27 AM  
Link to this Post
amy56
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Hi again!

I found out what the problem was - for some reason it was only highlighting Kidani as my home resort - so when I thought I was looking through availability at Animal kingdom Villas, it was only showing me Kidani (and therefore no value or concierge rooms) - why does it do that? I had to select Jambo from the list of ‘other DVC resorts’, as if it’s not my home resort!

Little things are starting to annoy me about DVC this week!
Old 6 Oct 18, 09:36 AM  
Link to this Post
eaglesrest
Apprentice Imagineer

Concierge studios look almost impossible to book. There is only 10 nights availability between now and the 11-month mark. I can see why peeps would be walking months in advance. If you can't walk between November and December on the same booking reference then I think it's going to be really difficult (impossible) to get into the system at the 11-month mark.

You might have a chance with a 1 bedroom, especially if you can walk through Nov/Dec. It looks like people are walking these at 11 months as there is no availability around the 11 month mark, but then releasing them so there is availability 9 months to 10 months and 3 weeks.
eaglesrest is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Oct 18, 09:40 AM  
Link to this Post
amy56
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by eaglesrest View Post
Concierge studios look almost impossible to book. There is only 10 nights availability between now and the 11-month mark. I can see why peeps would be walking months in advance. If you can't walk between November and December on the same booking reference then I think it's going to be really difficult (impossible) to get into the system at the 11-month mark.

You might have a chance with a 1 bedroom, especially if you can walk through Nov/Dec. It looks like people are walking these at 11 months as there is no availability around the 11 month mark, but then releasing them so there is availability 9 months to 10 months and 3 weeks.
I know - it’s infuriating me. Not because they are hard to get - that’s just the way it goes, but more because it seems my Use Year means I can’t at least put in the graft to at least give myself a shot at getting a room. ☹️
Old 6 Oct 18, 09:58 AM  
Link to this Post
eaglesrest
Apprentice Imagineer

I'd call or web-chat MS and check if they would be able to modify your booking across UY, or if it would require a cancel and rebook. At least then you know for sure and can plan accordingly.
eaglesrest is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Oct 18, 10:18 AM  
Link to this Post
amy56
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by eaglesrest View Post
I'd call or web-chat MS and check if they would be able to modify your booking across UY, or if it would require a cancel and rebook. At least then you know for sure and can plan accordingly.
Thank you - I’ll do that as it would be a shame not to give myself at least a fighting chance! 🙂