Notices
General DVC Discussion For discussion on how the DVC works and resort information.

Old 6 Oct 18, 10:33 AM  
Link to this Post
Peanutt
VIP Dibber

Peanutt's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
dvc - thinking of joining / looking for thoughts

We have had quite a few holidays to Florida and are finally considering taking the plunge to DVC - accordingly to our maths we go approx every two years, sometimes more often, occasionally 3 years... We therefore figured once DVC is paid off then financially we would be better off.

However we want to check that the offer we have been given is actually good for us so would really appreciate any comments on this as its all so new to us.

We are looking at OKW resale extended to 2057 - 160 points at $108

Does this sound good or bad on resale prices?

OKW would be our first choice so its the home resort we are looking for - 160 isnt quite enough points long term so we were thinking of buying a small direct contract when we are next out there to get any member benefits too.

Any thoughts for clueless newbies?
Peanutt is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Oct 18, 11:53 AM  
Link to this Post
PoohBears#1fan
Imagineer

I can't comment on resale prices as aren't up on them at all, but buying where you want to stay and being realistic about the number of points you need is a sensible starting point.

Remember to factor in closing costs also, I know they're more via resale but have no idea on what the difference is between direct & resale closing.

Good luck. There are plenty of resale experts around who I'm sure will have more specific advice.

Wild Africa Trek photo report

PoohBears#1fan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Oct 18, 03:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Bella1
Imagineer

Bella1's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 7
My first thought when I saw the price was that it seemed high for OKW even with the extension but I may be out of touch. I presume you have been comparing contracts across several resale companies and that it is a loaded contract with points that aren't due to expire soon.

If you like OKW then certainly buy there, I own at SSR and BLT as I know I am happy to stay at both and that is really important.

Make sure it has a UY that suits you as well. There are lots of Resale contracts about so you'll be able to find something even if you decide this isn't the right one for you.

Be warned though, whatever number of points you think you need is never enough, you will always want more!
Bella1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Oct 18, 05:11 PM  
Link to this Post
eaglesrest
Apprentice Imagineer

It's probably a tad high. You could try offering around $100 per point.

There are very few OKW-E on the market, but a 250 pointer at $99 per point passed RoFR, and a 60 pointer at $85 per point was unsurprisingly taken. Both in July this year.

If you want to top up you could do it from the UK. If you want to stay at OKW then you would top up at OKW, 75 points for member perks. OKW is a sold out resort so you would most likely need to go on a waiting list, so there would probably be no benefit in waiting until you are in the states.
eaglesrest is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List