General Trip Reports Reports that don't fit in to the other categories

Old 9 Oct 18, 08:26 AM  
Link to this Post
Loftus
Imagineer

All 5 Boroughs - New York, September 18 - Day 6

Day 6 - October 1st

Not many pictures or much to say today.

I think people fall into broadly two camps on travel day. There are those who try to fill every last second of their holiday and those who just want to get home. I fall firmly into the latter camp, which is why it's a mystery I always book a late flight. Maybe I'm trying to turn myself into the former. For now this is going to be a brief read.

After my late night I had a leisurely morning, staying in bed later, showering and sorting out my remaining packing. I checked out at 11, left my case with bell services and returned to the Bluebell Cafe for a late breakfast, which was as good as before and I do love their coffee.

I then walked down to the Strand bookshop for a browse and to Dylan's Candy Bar for some gift shopping.

On my walk down I had passed an AMC theater and seeing they were showing Michael Moore's 'Farenheit 11/9' decided that that would be a good way of killing a couple of hours, I had missed it's limited release in the UK.

I enjoyed the film, and the engulfing reclining seat - I'm a bit of a leftie at times - although Mr Moore does employ the beat you over the head with a baseball bat style of documentary film making.

After the film I walked back to the hotel and collected my case. I then decided to take the LIRR to Jamaica rather than the subway so walked to Penn Station. I got a ticket and jumped on a train that was departing 5 minutes later. At Jamaica I loaded $5 onto my Metrocard and boarded the AirTrain.

Bag drop was quick and security was slow, but I had lots of time so there was no stress and I had a burger, fries and milkshake in departures.

The flight home was uneventful, I had spinach and ricotta cannelloni, although I'm not sure I needed it, and slept a bit. We landed a little ahead of schedule and I was soon in may car and heading home.
Loftus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Oct 18, 08:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Melbatb
Imagineer

I agree re going home day - always seem to be a time watching exercise!

Thanks for the report - full of other things to do!

Index of my trip reports
2016 Quebec - Kuala Lumpar - New York City 2017 Dubai - Eurocamps France - Ontario and Quebec - So-Cal 2018 Montreal - Bangkok - New England 2019 Argentina - Quebec City - Hong Kong - 2020 Switzerland 2022 Arizona - Costa Med Cruise - Oslo 2023 Hong Kong - Gothenburg
Melbatb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Oct 18, 11:06 AM  
Link to this Post
Loftus
Imagineer

Thanks for the comments. I wasn't going to bother with a trip report because I didn't do a lot that I thought would interest many others. But then i thought it might help a few who have been a couple of times, with some other places to go. Plus it helps me remember!
Loftus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Oct 18, 10:31 AM  
Link to this Post
Minnie Mum
Imagineer

Mobile

Really enjoyed reading your report. Thanks for writing it. Its nice to see reports which include different things. Definitely given me some ideas.
Minnie Mum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Oct 18, 03:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Loftus
Imagineer

Thank you.
Old 1 Nov 18, 01:00 AM  
Link to this Post
Minnie18
Imagineer

Mobile

Thanks for your trip report you have gave me lots of ideas for our next trip to NY.
Minnie18 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Dec 18, 12:24 AM  
Link to this Post
disney owl
Imagineer

disney owl's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 5
thanks for doing the reports, enjoyed reading them
June 2001, August 2003,2007 &Sept 2010 - WDW Offsite
June 2005 - DLP Davy Crockett Ranch
disney owl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List