Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.

Old 10 Oct 18, 07:27 AM  
Link to this Post
avvy-xo
Imagineer

Mobile

[QUOTE=Smilesonfaces;13528602]
Originally Posted by Smilesonfaces View Post
Edited to say that full board will be an awful lot of food to get through. I don’t think I could do 3 full 3 course meals a day. Maybe a buffet lunch and table service evening meal would be good. You may find you are spending too much time eating and away from the actual parks.
I was under the impression I get 2 buffet meals not 1 buffet and 1 table service? My lord this is boggling my brain lol!

I’m happy to downgrade a voucher to a counter service for lunch as that would suit us more (and we haven’t paid for the dining plan anyway) and then we’d rather a proper meal in the evening. I was just hoping not every sit down meal would be buffets as they are my least fave. But from what I can gather I get 2 Buffett meals
avvy-xo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Oct 18, 08:12 AM  
Link to this Post
Smilesonfaces
Imagineer

Smilesonfaces's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

Your free voucher will cover buffets with no further charges. If you wish to have a table service you can pay extra for this. Hand your voucher to the server and €29 each adult will be deducted from the bill and you will pay the balance. Problem with doing this is that you then lose your free drink so it will cost the extra plus the cost of a drink.

I have a list of top up amounts but am having problems uploading it. I will try again later.

I don’t understand why DLP have to make everything so difficult to understand !
Smilesonfaces is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Oct 18, 01:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinkjon
Imagineer

Tinkjon's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 7
[QUOTE=avvy-xo;13528779]
Originally Posted by Smilesonfaces View Post
I was under the impression I get 2 buffet meals not 1 buffet and 1 table service? My lord this is boggling my brain lol!

I’m happy to downgrade a voucher to a counter service for lunch as that would suit us more (and we haven’t paid for the dining plan anyway) and then we’d rather a proper meal in the evening. I was just hoping not every sit down meal would be buffets as they are my least fave. But from what I can gather I get 2 Buffett meals
It is confusing The confusion on here is because not everyone realised where you were staying. Yes, you are right - you get 2 buffets if you're staying at Santa Fe.

The free dining plan allows meals at different restaurants - some of which are buffets and some of which are table service. What determines where you can eat is the hotel you are staying in. Some hotels (the more expensive ones) allow you to choose between table service or buffet. But at Santa Fe, the only restaurants you can choose from are all buffets.

I FAR prefer the buffets to table service. With table service you're limited to one main meal option but at a buffet you can have whatever you like and keep going back!
Tinkjon is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Oct 18, 01:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Smilesonfaces
Imagineer

Smilesonfaces's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

You can choose any of the restaurants which accept the meal plan whether it be table service or buffet. It doesn’t matter which plan you are on. If you choose to stick to the free plan and have nothing else to pay then yes it is buffet only(plaza, agrabah,la cantina,chuckwagon and Crockett tavern) You can choose any of the other restaurants even on the standard free plan but you need to top up the free standard meal credit with cash. For example Captain Jacks is a table service restaurant which costs €40 (the plus menu) with no voucher as a walk in or it will cost €12 plus your free standard voucher which is worth €28.
I found the top up guide on a Facebook page but I don’t seem to be able put a link on to it.
Smilesonfaces is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Oct 18, 02:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Sarryb
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Also, if you choose to use the voucher at face value, you aren't limited to the set menus, just for information. You can choose from any of the menu. X
Sarryb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Oct 18, 06:19 PM  
Link to this Post
avvy-xo
Imagineer

Mobile

[QUOTE=Tinkjon;13529271]
Originally Posted by avvy-xo View Post
It is confusing The confusion on here is because not everyone realised where you were staying. Yes, you are right - you get 2 buffets if you're staying at Santa Fe.

The free dining plan allows meals at different restaurants - some of which are buffets and some of which are table service. What determines where you can eat is the hotel you are staying in. Some hotels (the more expensive ones) allow you to choose between table service or buffet. But at Santa Fe, the only restaurants you can choose from are all buffets.

I FAR prefer the buffets to table service. With table service you're limited to one main meal option but at a buffet you can have whatever you like and keep going back!
Thanks which would you recommend for the buffets?

Is it best to reserve? I best get a plan in place 🤦🏻
avvy-xo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Oct 18, 06:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Sarryb
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

I'm going in a few days time (Yay!) And I have the standard half board. I paid for it so get hotel breakfast. I've booked La Cantina, and Agrabah. I also booked Cape Cod and will pay the extra, as that's a plus restaurant. I let my Niece choose, she looked on trip advisor, checked out the photos, and decided from there. Xx
Sarryb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Oct 18, 07:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
Right...

Because the meal plan is included, you will probably get counter service breakfast only. This is currently only available in one place - Restaurant En Coulisse in Studios. Yes, that's really stupid.

It consists of a hot drink, a juice, a pastry, and either the 'sweet' option (a roll with butter and jam) or the 'savoury' which is an omelette in a burger bun with bacon and cream cheese.

Previously there was a lighter option available in various places, which was just hot drink, cold drink and a pastry. This was available from the hotel bar or Starbucks in the hotels, or New York Style Sandwiches in the Village, or Market House Deli and Cable Car Bakery in Disneyland Park, as well as En Coulisse in the Studios. However, the most recent reports seem to indicate that these are no longer available. I have seen reports of people using their vouchers in part payment at Annette's in the Village, but they don't open until much later, and for me that is park time!

The other option is to go for breakfast in your hotel and use the voucher in part payment. I'm not sure how much extra it will be - again, they keep changing it! At Cheyenne and Santa Fe it is mostly a cold buffet - pastries, breads, cheeses, cold meats, fruit, yoghurt, cereal. I have seen some people say they are offering hot food in these hotels recently but I'm not sure. You probably wouldn't want to do this if you are eating a full lunch and dinner though. We used to have hotel breakfast and then nothing till 5pm as we were full!

Anyway, that's breakfast dealt with.

For lunch and dinner you can use a voucher. I think officially you can't use it at QS places but apparently some do let you. However, in my experience most of the QS food in DLP is not worth it. You wait forever in a queue that moves at the speed of your average glacier, and eventually you get food that's probably not very hot, and usually not great. There are some exceptions (notably Lucky Nugget, where you get to sit inside in a saloon, have your meal brought to you, and watch a puppet show and live entertainment). You might see if they will take the voucher.

Otherwise your options are the in-park buffets. Plaza Gardens is OK, though it gets busy at lunchtime. Agrabah is great if you like Middle Eastern food, and the theming is superb. Restaurant des Stars is the most boring interior ever, but the food is actually quite good.

Alternatively you could pay extra for lunch or dinner at one of the table service restaurants. Some of these are really good - I love Bistrot Chez Remy, for instance. However, the in-park restaurants may close much earlier than the park, so check opening times.

The table service restaurants in the Village are another option. Some open for lunch but others only for dinner. Again, check opening times, and bear in mind you need to pay extra. Or there is La Grange at Billy Bob's which is a standard level buffet - it's Tex Mex and looks quite nice.

Note that the buffets in the more expensive hotels are not Standard level so you would have to pay extra.

Then there are Premium restaurants - Walt's is lovely but would be a hefty price hike. Or Inventions if you want a character buffet.

I haven't done Cafe Mickey since they reopened it, but it looks a serious rip-off to me with the prices they are now charging. You get character interaction, but I would rather pay for Inventions for that.

Other table service options are Yacht Club in Newport Bay or Steakhouse in the Village (both Plus).

There are reviews and photos in the Guidebook on here, have a look and see what you think.

We had full board last time and for me it was too much - but if it's included in the offer you might as well go for it!
Other parks: Tokyo

Edited at 07:03 PM.
Gill H is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List