Notices
General DVC Discussion For discussion on how the DVC works and resort information.

Old 12 Oct 18, 06:03 AM  
Link to this Post
unixgirl
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by YorkshireT View Post
That is a fantastic result. This is what I’m hoping for albeit next year in December, to use the 14 day for Xmas then upgrade to DVC annual pass for a nominal sum for the following July.
I upgraded my uk ticket to an annual pass on the last couple of days a couple of years ago. I think you can do it. I'm planning on upgrading again this trip as I have a new ticket, would be nice if I were offered the DVC price but seeing as I bought resale I'm not holding my breath.
unixgirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Oct 18, 07:03 AM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Originally Posted by unixgirl View Post
I upgraded my uk ticket to an annual pass on the last couple of days a couple of years ago. I think you can do it. I'm planning on upgrading again this trip as I have a new ticket, would be nice if I were offered the DVC price but seeing as I bought resale I'm not holding my breath.
Yes you can definitely upgrade usually, but what I want to do is use the 14 day ticket at Xmas (Gold pass blockout dates) then upgrade last night / last morning and then have a gold pass for the following summer as I’m doing 3 trips to Orlando in a 12 month period. Next August is Universal, Gulf Coast and cruise so will not need Disney ticket. Then Xmas but cannot use a Gold pass for that. Then the following July/ August. So it’s a bit of a special scenario, can I upgrade a ticket I’ve only used at Xmas when a gold pass isn’t valid to a gold pass. Think I can but think I’ll have to test it to see, the advantage of this is that for a nominal upgrade price on a 14 day ticket I can actually go in at Xmas and still have the blacked out gold pass.
Old 12 Oct 18, 07:37 AM  
Link to this Post
unixgirl
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Sure but when I upgraded mine they asked me if I had used the water parks yet as I wouldn’t be able to after the upgrade which is a similar situation I think to your blackout dates. I hadn’t but wasn’t bothered. They would have upgraded either way. I probably should have mentioned that in my previous post.

Edited at 07:43 AM.
unixgirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Dec 18, 07:28 PM  
Link to this Post
act1980
VIP Dibber

Has anyone done this recently? I'm considering getting an annual pass but not sure whether to get a 14 day ticket from here and chance upgrading? Is this something that Disney will definitely allow you to do? TIA!
Old 29 Dec 18, 07:17 AM  
Link to this Post
unixgirl
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by act1980 View Post
Has anyone done this recently? I'm considering getting an annual pass but not sure whether to get a 14 day ticket from here and chance upgrading? Is this something that Disney will definitely allow you to do? TIA!
I did it on my last trip but had to go to a few places before I got an upgrade price I was happy with. HTH x
Old 29 Dec 18, 02:37 PM  
Link to this Post
PoohBears#1fan
Imagineer

Mobile

We’ll do it in April but only because we’ll be there during black out dates on the DVC AP. Otherwise there’s absolutely no point, may as well just buy the AP.

Wild Africa Trek photo report

PoohBears#1fan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Dec 18, 04:42 PM  
Link to this Post
act1980
VIP Dibber

I've just asked this on another thread...

How much do Disney consider a 14 or 21 day ultimate ticket to be worth? I know their 10 day pass with water parks and hopping costs $593. A Gold annual pass inc tax is $648. So the difference equates to $55 which is what it should cost if they're basing the upgrade on a 10 day ticket.

I don't know how much Disney would value a 14 or 21 day ultimate ticket though, surely it would be more valuable than a 10 day ticket? And surely the upgrade would be cheaper fro a 21 day pass compared to a 14 day?

Edited at 04:51 PM.
act1980 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Dec 18, 06:23 PM  
Link to this Post
unixgirl
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by act1980 View Post
I've just asked this on another thread...

How much do Disney consider a 14 or 21 day ultimate ticket to be worth? I know their 10 day pass with water parks and hopping costs $593. A Gold annual pass inc tax is $648. So the difference equates to $55 which is what it should cost if they're basing the upgrade on a 10 day ticket.

I don't know how much Disney would value a 14 or 21 day ultimate ticket though, surely it would be more valuable than a 10 day ticket? And surely the upgrade would be cheaper fro a 21 day pass compared to a 14 day?
There seems to be no rhyme or reason and you need to go to different locations until you get a price you are happy with. Make sure you check that they bridge the ticket. Unfortunately with the exchange rate it will be worse than it was but you could get lucky and get a great deal.
Old 31 Dec 18, 10:02 AM  
Link to this Post
act1980
VIP Dibber

Well we've bought our 14 day ultimate tickets so fingers crossed we can upgrade them for a sensible price!
Old 31 Dec 18, 10:05 AM  
Link to this Post
margyloveswdw
Deck 4, Disney Wonder

margyloveswdw's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mobile

We’re hoping to do this when we go next month! Upgrade 21 day to annual. Will make sure I know what the cost is in $ of the ticket I bought and also the pass I’m interested in.
margyloveswdw is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List