Notices
Itineraries Post your Trip Itineraries here.

Old 7 Oct 18, 07:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Charl_bb
slightly serious Dibber

Draft 1 with a 7 and 4 year old - advice welcome!

Hi,

We are going to WDW 18/5/19 - 1/6/19 with a 7 and 4 year old. I have been a few times before but I've never taken my own children so I feel like this is going to be a whole new ball game.

I feel at a total loss who to work out when to watch shows, where to eat, what times to get to parks in second week when we are offsite as we will want to eat some breakfasts out etc, when to go to Disney Springs...

Any advise on my first rough itinerary would be most welcome.

SAT 18/5/19 - Fly into MCO, get to hotel, have a wander round the grounds and eat at hotel

SUN 19/5/19 - MK AM with Crystal Palace breakfast, pool PM, evening meal somewhere...

MON 20/5/19 - AK

TUES 21/5/19 - EPCOT - Garden Grill lunch

WED 22/5/19 - Park Fare 1900 Brekkie, Animal Kingdom AM, Typhoon PM(Not sure about this)

THURS 23/5/9 - Hollywood Studios

FRI 24/5/19 (Memorial Weekend) - Pool AM, MK PM, Chef Mickeys Tea

SAT - 25/5/19 (Memorial Weekend) - Move to villa, supermarket, pool, car show

SUN 26/5/19 - Shopping malls

MON 27/5/19 - Kennedy

TUES 28/5/19 - Universal

WED 29/5/19 - IOA

THURS 30/5/19 - Villa AM, EPCOT PM

FRI 31/5/19 - MK, Happily Ever After

SAT 1/6/19 - Morning in whichever park everyone wants to return to

Edited at 08:30 PM.
Charl_bb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Oct 18, 08:29 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyF1rstT1me
slightly serious Dibber

We went this year on 21 May for 2 weeks, split stay with DS9 and DS5 and our itineraries aren't too dissimilar though we didn't do any shopping. I would suggest building in more time for HS - I'd expected it to be a half day park as Toy Story Land wasn't open but we ended up spending a full day and our last half day there. It was actually a very relaxing park to be in due to the lack of rides - we were able to watch lots of shows, indoors and outdoors like Beauty and the Beast, Indiana Jones and the various Star Wars 'parades' which were dramatic with the music playing. We just loved it there.

We didn't go to Typhoon Lagoon - did BB instead. I've seen quite a few reviews 're the strength of the TL wave pool knocking younger kids off their feet, so you might want to think about that if you haven't already.

We found in the second week that we just couldn't get out of the villa early enough to make rope drop as we'd done every day in week 1 - we were knackered! So maybe make that your week to have leisurely breakfasts at iHop or wherever takes your fancy.

Re show timings, we didn't plan those - just figured those out on the day. Worked for us and every other aspect of the holiday was planned within an inch of its life! I made Fp bookings for the second week very much with the view that those plans could change, depending on what parks or rides the kids really wanted to do again - which for us proved to be BB and HS. The first week's plans we pretty much stuck to.
DisneyF1rstT1me is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Oct 18, 08:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Charl_bb
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Thank you, we have been torn between BB and TL but thought TL might be better for families. I don't think we can fit both it. Interesting point about HS, I think my two would enjoy the shows so maybe I will add more time in there. I don't know what gets dropped for it though!
Charl_bb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Oct 18, 11:31 AM  
Link to this Post

I like to do a water park before a theme park rather than after. Blizzard Beach is really close to AK, so we usually do that combination. It is full of families, definitely family friendly.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Oct 18, 09:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Charl_bb
slightly serious Dibber

Thanks for the tips. I've just done a new post as I've got a bit more flesh on the bones of it now!
Old 26 Oct 18, 08:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Disneynb
Proud to wear my Ears

We managed typhoon twice and blizzard beach once 😂, with our three, then back to the room and out for tea then the evening fireworks, dh did Kennedy space centre before we had the kids and he say he wouldn’t take them there as wasn’t really for kids unless they were really into space, and they aren’t, with typhoon u either stay ankle deep or chest deep to avoid the waves that knock u over- 😃 it’s always been my favourite from when I was little- enjoy x
Disneynb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List