Notices
General Trip Planning Other Holiday Planning.

Old 14 Oct 18, 08:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinkerbell 1
Imagineer

BA Club World which seats?

So after booking BA economy flights to Australia for £700 I’ve been checking the upgrade costs. I’ve managed to bag an upgrade on the return for £800. Not cheap but we land at 4.55 am and I have to work that day so the option of getting a decent night rest seem worth. I also think econ out and bus back for £1500 is a pretty good price.

However, I am not sure which seats to book. Haven’t flown BA bus before and it’s a completely different config to Virgin Upper. It’s 2-4-2 and at the moment I booked the middle two of four, seated backwards. Any BA experts have a view on these seats? I keeping reading reports of having to climb over people.

Edited at 08:49 PM.
Tinkerbell 1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Oct 18, 10:04 PM  
Link to this Post
scooby99
Imagineer

The middle seats are good for a couple if you want to get sleep as you can put the blinds up on either side (that separate you from the lone person sitting on the aisle on each side) & it's fairly private.

If you can get the pair in the last row these have direct aisle access & you won't need to step over anyone; however one of these is a bassinet seat & will either be allocated to someone with a baby or blocked in case a passenger with a baby books the flight.
If not needed by a baby, they're released around -5 to -3 days; you need to call at that time to book them; if not, you can try to get them at OLCI.

For middle seats on other rows, you will need to step over the lower legs of passengers in the aisle seats if they have their footstool down in order to make their seat into a flat bed.
I don't usually find this a problem & can step over high enough to not disturb another passenger on most occasions; I'm 5' 5" but others do find it an issue.

Edited at 10:05 PM.
scooby99 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Oct 18, 09:07 AM  
Link to this Post
ABZDisney
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

We like the window & aisle pair at the rear of the cabin, mainly because the person who has the window seat does not have to climb over anyone's legs.
As the previous poster said, if you go for the middle pair at the rear you also will not be climbing over legs to get out.
Enjoy your flight but a word of warning, once you've done CW you will not want to go back to economy ever. :-)
November 2014 at Old Key West & The Yacht Club
November 2012 at The Swan
ABZDisney is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Oct 18, 07:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinkerbell 1
Imagineer

Mobile

Thanks both I think I’m gonna go for two at the back in the side.
Tinkerbell 1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Oct 18, 07:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinkerbell 1
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by ABZDisney View Post
We like the window & aisle pair at the rear of the cabin, mainly because the person who has the window seat does not have to climb over anyone's legs.
As the previous poster said, if you go for the middle pair at the rear you also will not be climbing over legs to get out.
Enjoy your flight but a word of warning, once you've done CW you will not want to go back to economy ever. :-)
Ha ha. I’ve flown bus before just not BA, we still fly economy and premium. It depends whether it’s just DH and I or if we’re traveling with others. I’d feel bad leaving others in Economy. It’s also depends on how many trips I can squeeze out of my annual leave and funds available!