Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 7 Oct 18, 03:31 PM  
Link to this Post
smithlane
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by mick View Post
A good travel day from New York and a good day with the wildlife can’t believe the Rod and Reel was so quiet always busy when we have been that way!

Joan
It went very smoothly thank goodness and the wildlife we saw was certainly the highlight.
We couldn't believe how quiet the island was, it seemed so strange compared to last year

IG - alicialanesmith
smithlane is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Oct 18, 05:01 PM  
Link to this Post
smithlane
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by debojahh View Post
Wow Manatees
It looks so relaxing there!
Glad the flight and everything went well too. Less than an hour to be out of the airport is definitely living the dream
I know right! It was one of the most amazing sights
I can't recommend Anna Maria Island highly enough, its the most relaxing place on the planet

IG - alicialanesmith
smithlane is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Oct 18, 05:09 PM  
Link to this Post
smithlane
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by flo-tinka View Post
Family of 4 sharing a room= most of our road trip this year= some unhappy bunnies indee
I love AMI but have only done odd days there. Would love to stay for a few like you.
Wow the manatee sighting was awesome plus the turtle release
Oh no you poor things! Although we are hoping to go to California next year for a road trip and by the looks of the prices of hotels this may well be us too
I would totally recommend spending more than just a few days on AMI, we were totally chilled by the end of the week!
It really was a dream to see both manatees and turtles

IG - alicialanesmith
Old 7 Oct 18, 05:22 PM  
Link to this Post
smithlane
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Goldia View Post
It feels like what could go wrong do go wrong in the first part of this trip. What a pain with the phones, it must have been so annoying knowing you were in the right, but then there was nothing you could do. I really hope things are on the up now! Fingers well and truly crossed that the rest of the trip was fabulous.

Your place in AMI looks gorgeous, kids in their own rooms not sharing is a bonus! The fridge all stocked up with the essentials after your shopping trip. And the brilliant evening watching the baby turtles making their way out to sea, a shame none of the others wanted to come with you.
Yes it really did feel like that at times but I really did enjoy our time in NY and would love to return one day. Won't be with Jim though, he refuses to go back
Oh it was so annoying about the phones but thankfully Sam was totally fine about not using his apart from when we had wifi which was most of the time. I can safely say the rest of the holiday we had no more major dramas, I cant promise no more little dramas though
Our home on AMI was so fantastic we had no complaints whatsoever!
Oh yes definitely the essentials in there. Who needs nutrition anyway
Yeah it was a shame they didn't but they were so excited to finally be in the pool, nothing was tearing them away from that

IG - alicialanesmith
Old 7 Oct 18, 05:25 PM  
Link to this Post
smithlane
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by dietcokebreak View Post
Manatees!

Loving your trip report! Off to NY in February so am getting some great tips, thanks for posting
I know aren't they the cutest
Thank you! I hope you have a great time in NY

IG - alicialanesmith
Old 16 Oct 18, 07:43 PM  
Link to this Post
WileyCoyote
I am not a shopaholic

Oh Lord a bit of faff with airport food , a cancelled grocery order and total telephony faff. This is not a good start ! I don’t get why the cabin baggage is such a pain on these internal flights , glad you managed to keep hold of yours. Ah I just double checked, it was Delta, we had cabin bag carnage on our Dallas flight...
ooh that little house looks perfect , what a treat .
Goodness, dolphins, manatees and turtles. Now that’s a pretty perfect end to the day after the inauspicious start .
Loving the shopping ... cue through the keyhole Lloyd Grossman “ now who would live in a house with a fridge like this “
And breathe
You made it !
WileyCoyote is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Oct 18, 11:29 AM  
Link to this Post
smithlane
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by WileyCoyote View Post
Oh Lord a bit of faff with airport food , a cancelled grocery order and total telephony faff. This is not a good start ! I don’t get why the cabin baggage is such a pain on these internal flights , glad you managed to keep hold of yours. Ah I just double checked, it was Delta, we had cabin bag carnage on our Dallas flight...
ooh that little house looks perfect , what a treat .
Goodness, dolphins, manatees and turtles. Now that’s a pretty perfect end to the day after the inauspicious start .
Loving the shopping ... cue through the keyhole Lloyd Grossman “ now who would live in a house with a fridge like this “
And breathe
You made it !
Haha I know right! A faff is exactly what it was but it became a distant memory once we got on the island.
I really don't know why the cabin crew can't just radio through to say how many spaces are left, surely it takes longer to then get the bags in the hold!
Oh I used to love that programme. A fully stocked holiday fridge is one of the best things about going away, buying far too many calorie laden food with zero fruit or veg

IG - alicialanesmith
Old 10 Nov 18, 01:29 PM  
Link to this Post
littletink
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by The Durrigan's View Post
What a great report. Can I ask what was the name of the property you stayed in and who did you book through...looked lovely? We're planing a 4 day stay on Anna Maria Island next year.

I'll be looking out for more of your reports
Could I have the details too! We normally use Anna Maria Vacations and have had two fab properties and holidays with them.

Lindfields 2001 & 2005, West Stonebridge Christmas 2008
Disney Yacht Club, Marco Island, Duck Key & HRH August 2011, Lindfields & Rotonda Aug 2012 - HRH & Rotonda 2013 - HRH & Rotonda 2014 - NYC 2015 - AMI 2016 - Sunset Lakes/Rotonda 2017 - NYC/Bongo's!/AMI 2018 - Boardwalk-Rotonda-HRH 2019 - Rotonda 2023
littletink is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Nov 18, 04:29 PM  
Link to this Post
smithlane
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by littletink View Post
Could I have the details too! We normally use Anna Maria Vacations and have had two fab properties and holidays with them.
Hello , will PM you the details now!

IG - alicialanesmith
Old 17 Nov 18, 08:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Milpston
Imagineer

What a great day. Dolphin Manatees and turtles in an afternoon/evening is great going. Will be following the rest of your report as I'm giving AMI serious consideration for our next trip.
August 2021 - Anthem of the seas UK mini cruise Trip report *completed*
Vegas/LA Aug 22 - Trip Report In Progress
Milpston is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List